XPO | phase 2

anybody hear about the phase 2 of layoffs in march? b.b. do you know anything or have heard any rumers?:popcorn:
We already had a second round of lay-off. And they also called them back to work a couple weeks ago. I don't know about everywhere else, but we are busy.

Dec., Jan., and Feb. are historically the worst months. I think it can only get better from here on out.

anybody hear about the phase 2 of layoffs in march? b.b. do you know anything or have heard any rumers?:popcorn:

Nothing about a planned layoff...As I stated before, I believe any layoffs, post 12/5, are dictated by business levels at a given service center...I have not escaped it, unfortunately, and I know of plenty of other service centers that haven't either...I said before I thought the first quarter would be the worst, and so far that is holding true...

We already had a second round of lay-off. And they also called them back to work a couple weeks ago. I don't know about everywhere else, but we are busy.

Dec., Jan., and Feb. are historically the worst months. I think it can only get better from here on out.

Same up here. If anything, we could use a few more drivers. Vacations started last week and we could not cover all the work creating a lot of via's.

Is it cheaper to pay 3 or more guys OT everyday than it is to cut the OT and bring a driver back?

I would imagine so. Bennies aren't cheap.

Luckily we haven't lost any drivers yet. We've lost the greaters and a couple part-timers. I think it's coming soon though at our terminal.

I would imagine so. Bennies aren't cheap.

Luckily we haven't lost any drivers yet. We've lost the greaters and a couple part-timers. I think it's coming soon though at our terminal.

I am 100% against part time dock workers. Telling them that they are doing something wrong and showing them the correct way and when it is all said and done they say they dont give a F***. And most supervisors did nothing about it as long as the loads got closed. I hope the part time dock workers will be a thing of the past.

I am 100% against part time dock workers. Telling them that they are doing something wrong and showing them the correct way and when it is all said and done they say they dont give a F***. And most supervisors did nothing about it as long as the loads got closed. I hope the part time dock workers will be a thing of the past.

Trained ans supervised properly, they are an asset...left alone to run amuck, a liability..

Trained ans supervised properly, they are an asset...left alone to run amuck, a liability..

:hide: I don't know what "ans" is, but if you are talking about part time dock workers, I agree, and have seen first hand what happens when they are given a forklift and sent to the dock with no more supervision than a 10 year veteran.
I have also had the experience of trying to explain proper loading techniques to some part timers, only to get that "deer in the head lights " look, and then continue loading their way.
No one cares as much about our freight as we do. A part timer, who knows that today may be his only day of work for our company will almost never care the way we do.:smilie_132:

Part timers

grapevines says they have have 2 part timers on the dock and they brought 1 layed off dsr/and they are looking to hire 3 more dsr's at XCA:smilie_132::smilie_132:

:hide: I don't know what "ans" is, but if you are talking about part time dock workers, I agree, and have seen first hand what happens when they are given a forklift and sent to the dock with no more supervision than a 10 year veteran.
I have also had the experience of trying to explain proper loading techniques to some part timers, only to get that "deer in the head lights " look, and then continue loading their way.
No one cares as much about our freight as we do. A part timer, who knows that today may be his only day of work for our company will almost never care the way we do.:smilie_132:

ans was supposed to be "and"...typing a bit quickly...

ditto!!!!

Rat :loser:

I don't think they're evil, when we finally got around to hiring a couple I immediately went from 12 hours every day for months to 9-10 hours. That was ****ing NICE, I could see my wife.

Then, when **** got bad, the SCM started hacking them and their hours, which was also nice, because it allowed me to do 8+ every day.