Yellow | Phases

Exactly! Hearing that road drivers are going over rest because there isn't enough dock help to strip/generate loads. Plenty of freight, not enough help to handle it.
We have tons of freight, no trailers.

we were just commenting on a bunch of really nice new battery operated snow blowers for home deliveries that have been on the dock for a month that people are waiting on.

And in NJ we walk P&D drivers every morning.

And here you go sir, This is from when they announced the one yellow plan

“YRC Worldwide plans to go back under Yellow banner
YRC Worldwide (No. 5 on the CCJ Top 250) announced in its third-quarter earnings report that in 2021, it will move forward under the company’s former name, Yellow. The company anticipates its LTL brands Holland, New Penn, Reddaway and YRC Freight, as well as HNRY Logistics will continue operating under their current names”

Im not stating their doing this either way just they are constantly changing it.
The word Anticipates definitely reinforces your believe they do not have a solid plan in place. Pretty messed up when we are this far along into this, whatever it is, and nobody really understands weather there will brand recognition or not.

The word Anticipates definitely reinforces your believe they do not have a solid plan in place. Pretty messed up when we are this far along into this, whatever it is, and nobody really understands weather there will brand recognition or not.
Remember the days when management held town halls and meetings just to inform of you of changes and touch base with employees for feed back of what was going on with customers and such ?

I guess if they held meetings these days to inform us on changes there would be meetings everyday. :lmao:

I’ve read them, I also listened to previous earnings calls where your CEO said he was not killing the brands

I also posted the transcript of the current earnings call for you where your CEO and your President speak of Two business platforms. Making my point that they don’t have a complete plan.

Everyone who has been at this company has witnessed numerous master plans that change every few months, you want to Go with the one of killing the brands great, I just dont think they actually have a long term plan and when I witness the way they operate the day to day business I find it hard to think they are capable Of a future plan. Personally I think killing, retiring or collapsing 100 year old successful brands like New Penn and Holland is just idiotic when you can keep them and still accomplish your goals of the companies performing together but thats not up to us.

I personally don’t care what name is on the truck this week as long as my name on the check is correct.
Sir respectfully how can you at this point not understand what is happening ? They are combining all operating companies as 1 united company called Yellow. All other names will be gone. Yellow will be a long haul and super regional carrier. 1 Yellow truck will pickup all long haul and short haul shipments. That is the 2 business platforms. Yellow is basically trying to duplicate what Fedex Freight does. When the merger is completed the Yellow customer will have a choice to ship Yellow Standard or Yellow Economy. Basically a choice on transit time and price like Fedex does with their Priority and Economy.

I know the long term drivers of the regional carriers are not happy about this transition. You have to accept it and make the best of it. The brands are being retired fully at some point in 2022. It has been explained multiple times by Senior company officials. Go to myyellow.com and watch the videos about the One Yellow network optimization. Maybe you will get a better understanding about the process. Good luck to all !

Sir respectfully how can you at this point not understand what is happening ? They are combining all operating companies as 1 united company called Yellow. All other names will be gone. Yellow will be a long haul and super regional carrier. 1 Yellow truck will pickup all long haul and short haul shipments. That is the 2 business platforms. Yellow is basically trying to duplicate what Fedex Freight does. When the merger is completed the Yellow customer will have a choice to ship Yellow Standard or Yellow Economy. Basically a choice on transit time and price like Fedex does with their Priority and Economy.

I know the long term drivers of the regional carriers are not happy about this transition. You have to accept it and make the best of it. The brands are being retired fully at some point in 2022. It has been explained multiple times by Senior company officials. Go to myyellow.com and watch the videos about the One Yellow network optimization. Maybe you will get a better understanding about the process. Good luck to all !
Maybe your not understanding my posts. Or I communicated it wrong. I completely understand what they want to do, I agree some of it is over do and necessary.

My posts simply point out how what they want do changes regularly if you have been here you know what I’m talking about
its constantly changing. they say They have a plan, they start initiating the plan, they wasre a bunch of money and they change the plan. In fact what they say they want to do now
was Bill Zollars original plan when he bought all the carriers years ago.

This is one of the simplest businesses there is, You pick up freight at point A deliver it to point B and get paid yet somehow a company that’s been doing it for 100 years keeps trying to complicate it.

We have tons of freight, no trailers.

we were just commenting on a bunch of really nice new battery operated snow blowers for home deliveries that have been on the dock for a month that people are waiting on.

And in NJ we walk P&D drivers every morning.
Then why aren't they leasing or renting trailers? Supposedly there is like 1000+ trailers trapped out in California since the rail charges full rate for empties going back to Chicago now?

Then why aren't they leasing or renting trailers? Supposedly there is like 1000+ trailers trapped out in California since the rail charges full rate for empties going back to Chicago now?
Ive heard guys at other companies say their companies told them there were no lease trailers available.

also heard we have a large amount of trailers tied up with big accounts we service.

Maybe your not understanding my posts. Or I communicated it wrong. I completely understand what they want to do, I agree some of it is over do and necessary.

My posts simply point out how what they want do changes regularly if you have been here you know what I’m talking about
its constantly changing. they say They have a plan, they start initiating the plan, they wasre a bunch of money and they change the plan. In fact what they say they want to do now
was Bill Zollars original plan when he bought all the carriers years ago.

This is one of the simplest businesses there is, You pick up freight at point A deliver it to point B and get paid yet somehow a company that’s been doing it for 100 years keeps trying to complicate it.
Its amazing after all these years the upper brass keeps trying to reinvent the wheel. Its simple pick it up on time, deliver it on time and don't break it. Bill Zollars has single handly destroyed some of the best trucking companies in the country. His big ego and stupid decisions have caused a tremendous hardship on so many. Meanwhile he is still counting his Millions. Stay positive driver !

No delusions here but I’m in this a long time and know not to believe what 3 truckers posted until I see it.

Here’s the transcript of the call where right from CEO Hawkins mouth and Yellow President Darrel Harris’s mouth the talk about linehaul serving two entities and both those entities picking up each other’s freight.

Maybe I missed it help me out and show me where they say the brands will be retired.
From the JOC article- The Restructuring means Yellow's historic brands will be gone, although their drivers and some of their equipment will keep rolling under the Yellow name. When that happens, it will close a long chapter in a story of acquisition, growth and loss that began when Yellow corp purchased Roadway and its subsidiary New Penn in 2003, and then USF Freightways in 2005, and then ended with more than 1 billion in cumulative annual losses in the last decade, following $2.2 billion in losses from 2007 through 2009.

Later in the same interview- Those brands will continue in business until Yellow is confident it can RETIRE THEM without disrupting service.

This is Verbatim from the interview. not sure how you cannot come to the same conclusion that myself and everyone else on these boards did that has an ounce of critical thinking skills. Sorry for the un- readable post i could not locate a useable link it kept coming up bad.

Its amazing after all these years the upper brass keeps trying to reinvent the wheel. Its simple pick it up on time, deliver it on time and don't break it. Bill Zollars has single handly destroyed some of the best trucking companies in the country. His big ego and stupid decisions have caused a tremendous hardship on so many. Meanwhile he is still counting his Millions. Stay positive driver !
Don't forget about Zollars son-in law at SAIA

Yellow’s restructuring includes collapsing all of its separate carriers into one super-regional carrier operating on the same tech platform. The changes are expected to remove redundancy across operations, including the linehaul routes.

"COLLAPSING" not 'RETIRING" all its separate carriers...

:stirthepot:
Super Region is not a new concept for Yellow. When Yellow bought Preston Trucking, we went to "super region". It didn't work out so well!

From the JOC article- The Restructuring means Yellow's historic brands will be gone, although their drivers and some of their equipment will keep rolling under the Yellow name. When that happens, it will close a long chapter in a story of acquisition, growth and loss that began when Yellow corp purchased Roadway and its subsidiary New Penn in 2003, and then USF Freightways in 2005, and then ended with more than 1 billion in cumulative annual losses in the last decade, following $2.2 billion in losses from 2007 through 2009.

Later in the same interview- Those brands will continue in business until Yellow is confident it can RETIRE THEM without disrupting service.

This is Verbatim from the interview. not sure how you cannot come to the same conclusion that myself and everyone else on these boards did that has an ounce of critical thinking skills. Sorry for the un- readable post i could not locate a useable link it kept coming up bad.
I’ll Explain it you yet again for the last time, use your whole ounce of critical thinking to understand it.
You are absolutely 100% correct the JOC article says that,

The article I posted says something different.

The CEO has said he was not retiring brands, then in a different statement he said he was.

in this weeks earnings call he sounds like maybe he is or maybe he isn’t which is what the point I’m making that you have a major problem with is, that the plan is constantly changing.

my point is that the plan is forever changing not what they are going to do or not going to do.

if that’s not easy enough for you I can’t help you.

And here you go sir, This is from when they announced the one yellow plan

“YRC Worldwide plans to go back under Yellow banner
YRC Worldwide (No. 5 on the CCJ Top 250) announced in its third-quarter earnings report that in 2021, it will move forward under the company’s former name, Yellow. The company anticipates its LTL brands Holland, New Penn, Reddaway and YRC Freight, as well as HNRY Logistics will continue operating under their current names”

Im not stating their doing this either way just they are constantly changing it.
This is a old article. Basically in a nutshell this article explains that they company will change its name to Yellow and continue to operate as individual brands up until the network optimization plan can be completed.

I’ll Explain it you yet again for the last time, use your whole ounce of critical thinking to understand it.

The CEO has said he was not retiring brands, then in a different statement he said he was.

in this weeks earnings call he sounds like maybe he is or maybe he isn’t which is what the point I’m making that you have a major problem with is, that the plan is constantly changing.

my point is that the plan is forever changing not what they are going to do or not going to do.

There's a plan??

73B0AAB4-CBFF-4FA9-AC83-9DA03256813F.md.jpg
BRG
Wong
Triplex
Hookman
Steward of the Rock
Roadway Spy (Fridays only)
ABF 381
Judy(clerical only)
Kboom
5tolls2
Jaloc
Mud
Mystic (daytime only)
Seabreeze (only when temperature above 70 degrees)
Slavenomore ( as long as no one on dock is vaccinated)

73B0AAB4-CBFF-4FA9-AC83-9DA03256813F.md.jpg
BRG
Wong
Triplex
Hookman
Steward of the Rock
Roadway Spy (Fridays only)
ABF 381
Judy(clerical only)
Kboom
5tolls2
Jaloc
Mud
Mystic (daytime only)
Seabreeze (only when temperature above 70 degrees)
Slavenomore ( as long as no one on dock is vaccinated)
I can’t make it, but Bertha is available. She is curious as to why they are only paying for one meal a day though.
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

You are the one that can't read things in chronological order as pointed out by cityman. Either your not concerned with how the events have unfolded thus far or you are just plain searching out confirmation bias, as much of the country does now days. good luck sir