SAIA | Phone Policy Change on its way

I know this is gonna blow your guys mind, but OD just stared a program where they are buying BT headsets for their city drivers. They want them to be completely hands free. I guess they figure you're gonna use your phone, may as well be safe about it.

Good luck to you guys, I couldn't imagine a night without a cb or headset.
Your leadership team epitomizes what greatest is about. SAIA epitomizes what incompetence is about. Completely out of touch with reality when it comes to knowing what truck drivers deal with on the road.

SAIA will never reverse there decision on the Bluetooth policy. They are just too stupid and mismanaged in the safety department. They just can’t see the forest for the trees. They are not a driver friendly company. And that shows with the constant turnover. The money is good but it’s not always about the money. They can’t get that.

SAIA will never reverse there decision on the Bluetooth policy. They are just too stupid and mismanaged in the safety department. They just can’t see the forest for the trees. They are not a driver friendly company. And that shows with the constant turnover. The money is good but it’s not always about the money. They can’t get that.
I don't know much about the culture at Saia, but from the outside looking in the no cb policy would keep me away as a line driver.

Your leadership team epitomizes what greatest is about. SAIA epitomizes what incompetence is about. Completely out of touch with reality when it comes to knowing what truck drivers deal with on the road.
We have our issues, but all in all the drivers are happy. Things change slowly in this industry and when management paints themselves into a corner with rules that just don't make sense, the time it takes to undo the damage is tenfold

Happy employees are safe and productive. It’s not a difficult concept to grasp, unless your office is in Atlanta.

It’s amazing really...the definition of insane is constantly doing the same thing but expecting a different result. Saia whines and cries about turnover, not enough drivers, and pissed off drivers. But they do nothing about it. They toss money at the symptom, rather than really addressing the problems at their roots.

Here’s a suggestion: each and every person with a management title has to ride with Linehaul for 60 days and city for 60 days. Maybe then they will open their eyes. But...they are too good for that and “drivers are replaceable”. Maybe that should be Saia’s new motto. “Saia...where every driver is a villain and is replaceable”

I don't know much about the culture at Saia, but from the outside looking in the no cb policy would keep me away as a line driver.
The culture has quickly deteriorated here at saia. I’ve only been here five years and witnessed it take an extreme nose dive.

I’m a line driver too and it’s rough when a late night emergency call from my wife or even a simple ‘thank you, driver’ on the CB can cost me a day of work... or even worse, my job.

Needless to say, im definitely hoping the grass is GREENER on your side of the fence, if ya catch my drift, ump.

I used to talk it up on the CB, but now, hardly ever hear a peep. Most drivers I run with don’t have one so it just sits on the dash and looks pretty. I’d still have a hard time knowing it wasn’t there though. So I agree with your statement.

Reactions: Ump

I guess just different company policies, if the CB power supply didn't work,PIE would send it to the shop for
repair with you on the clock.

It’s kinda funny...Saia has a “no Bluetooth” policy, yet I see their drivers ALL THE TIME with a headset. I don’t get it

Probably there in a 2012 or older model which has been deemed by “National Saia safety tools” as safer apparently.

I never missed a day without a Bluetooth on, cameras and all. I just kept it in my left ear. The few times the camera went off no one ever said anything, guess I wasn’t talking or using it. I didn’t care if they would have caught me, I always said I’d rather them give me three days off instead of one. Of course they knew I could retire 4 years before I actually did and our terminal was always short of drivers.