Holland | Pic of the day

KfkYBbX.jpg
That Amazon driver must be a little weird. I usually like to sleep in an upright position.
:idunno:

Gotta Luv it , won't raise pay to hire driver's or buy trucks , but got money to pay other guys to pull our trailer's ?
ZrdHrMu.jpg

More than 150,000 truckers set to rally against ‘excessive regulations’ organizer says
A grassroots organization totaling nearly 167,000 members is planning a large-scale rally against the upcoming electronic logging device mandate.

The rally, called ‘Operation Black and Blue’, is being spearheaded by owner-operator Mike ‘Gunney’ Faram, of Ft. Worth, Texas.

The mandate will force nearly all interstate truckers to purchase and operate additional equipment which will electronically monitor a truck’s driving time. While most of the largest trucking companies already have this technology in place, many smaller companies and individual owner-operators will have a new expense forced upon them once the law takes effect.

Faram explained that Operation Black and Blue is a “stand against unfair regulations” which will not only put a hamper on truckers’ earnings potential, but also lead to unintended, negative consequences for consumers.

“With this mandate coming into effect on December 18, 2017 many trucks may be removed from service due to the increased cost. Many drivers are planning on vacating the industry over the matter, in an industry where drivers are in high demand, which will put a strain on our supply system. If this happens then we will suffer an increase in grocery cost, in building materials, as well as many other amenities that we come to enjoy. In other words it will lead to an inflationary rate that our country can’t afford in an already dismal economy,” Faram explained in a Facebook post.

Faram says he’s written countless letters to politicians and government organizations regarding the industry’s concerns about the upcoming law, but has received nothing but generic form letters and boiler plate responses.

The lack of a legitimate response led Faram to create the Operation Black and Blue movement.

Faram told LiveTrucking that more than 167,000 drivers, consisting of both owner-operators and company employees, plan to participate in organized rallies around the country between October 3rd through October 8th.

Of the 167,000, at least 5,000 are expected to head to Washington D.C. to rally in front of lawmakers.

“We’re done writing letters. The time for change is now,” Faram added.

More than 150,000 truckers set to rally against ‘excessive regulations’ organizer says
A grassroots organization totaling nearly 167,000 members is planning a large-scale rally against the upcoming electronic logging device mandate.

The rally, called ‘Operation Black and Blue’, is being spearheaded by owner-operator Mike ‘Gunney’ Faram, of Ft. Worth, Texas.

The mandate will force nearly all interstate truckers to purchase and operate additional equipment which will electronically monitor a truck’s driving time. While most of the largest trucking companies already have this technology in place, many smaller companies and individual owner-operators will have a new expense forced upon them once the law takes effect.

Faram explained that Operation Black and Blue is a “stand against unfair regulations” which will not only put a hamper on truckers’ earnings potential, but also lead to unintended, negative consequences for consumers.

“With this mandate coming into effect on December 18, 2017 many trucks may be removed from service due to the increased cost. Many drivers are planning on vacating the industry over the matter, in an industry where drivers are in high demand, which will put a strain on our supply system. If this happens then we will suffer an increase in grocery cost, in building materials, as well as many other amenities that we come to enjoy. In other words it will lead to an inflationary rate that our country can’t afford in an already dismal economy,” Faram explained in a Facebook post.

Faram says he’s written countless letters to politicians and government organizations regarding the industry’s concerns about the upcoming law, but has received nothing but generic form letters and boiler plate responses.

The lack of a legitimate response led Faram to create the Operation Black and Blue movement.

Faram told LiveTrucking that more than 167,000 drivers, consisting of both owner-operators and company employees, plan to participate in organized rallies around the country between October 3rd through October 8th.

Of the 167,000, at least 5,000 are expected to head to Washington D.C. to rally in front of lawmakers.

So, let me get this straight. These guys, most of whom are owner/operators blatantly admitting that they are fudging their logs to make ends meet, are planning to take time off work to protest their upcoming inability to lie?

I'm gonna laugh when it ends up being a group of guys and a beer cooler or something.

So, let me get this straight. These guys, most of whom are owner/operators blatantly admitting that they are fudging their logs to make ends meet, are planning to take time off work to protest their upcoming inability to lie?

I'm gonna laugh when it ends up being a group of guys and a beer cooler or something.

I am glad to see the Owner Operators standing up to an occupation that is heavily regulated by the government. They want a cookie cutter solution for a problem with electronic surveillance, that is all it is.
Put yourself in their shoes. Make a delivery to a big box D.C. and get held up. Suppose you get back on road and have s choice to go over on your day by 1/2 hour or 45 minutes to get home for your kids school event, or what ever it might be.Or you have choice to stay at nasty truckstop or go 45 minutes down road to a safe and clean one. Or get a ticket for sleeping on a exit ramp. The big box D C that won't let you sleep on their property with engine running in 90 degree weather.
I watched hearings on HOS and it made me sick at they way they looked at our industry, this is not union or non issue it is about people providing for their family and contributing to society. The law makers care more about dead beat sitting on couch sucking off system that the working forgotten man and women.

Hats off to these guys.

I am glad to see the Owner Operators standing up to an occupation that is heavily regulated by the government. They want a cookie cutter solution for a problem with electronic surveillance, that is all it is.
Put yourself in their shoes. Make a delivery to a big box D.C. and get held up. Suppose you get back on road and have s choice to go over on your day by 1/2 hour or 45 minutes to get home for your kids school event, or what ever it might be.Or you have choice to stay at nasty truckstop or go 45 minutes down road to a safe and clean one. Or get a ticket for sleeping on a exit ramp. The big box D C that won't let you sleep on their property with engine running in 90 degree weather.
I watched hearings on HOS and it made me sick at they way they looked at our industry, this is not union or non issue it is about people providing for their family and contributing to society. The law makers care more about dead beat sitting on couch sucking off system that the working forgotten man and women.

Hats off to these guys.
On the other side of the coin, maybe same driver you speak of is held up at the big DC, goes over hours heading to his next pickup, or home, because of spending all day at a DC sorting and segregating, after driving all night to get there on time, but falls asleep afterwards, running a stop sign, and kills a family??

On the other side of the coin, maybe same driver you speak of is held up at the big DC, goes over hours heading to his next pickup, or home, because of spending all day at a DC sorting and segregating, after driving all night to get there on time, but falls asleep afterwards, running a stop sign, and kills a family??[/QUOTE

I agree 100% if this driver spent 10 hours at D.C. and never moved truck, but showed time in sleeper ELD would not know this but show he was legal.
There are hundreds of scenarios, but should we keep allowing big brother to put more and more regulations on us. What is next?
Unfortunately if a driver is legal with his HOS driving, but still involved in an accident that is not his fault they are going to try and find fault some where with CMV or driver.

We had a driver who was getting a lot of hours over 60 but was finishing his day on dock. He was over on a Monday in his 7 day recap, but legal with 34 hour restart. BA told him he would be liable if he was involved in a wreck that day because he was illegal.

Which is it legal or illegal?

I agree 100% if this driver spent 10 hours at D.C. and never moved truck, but showed time in sleeper ELD would not know this but show he was legal.
There are hundreds of scenarios, but should we keep allowing big brother to put more and more regulations on us. What is next?
Unfortunately if a driver is legal with his HOS driving, but still involved in an accident that is not his fault they are going to try and find fault some where with CMV or driver.

We had a driver who was getting a lot of hours over 60 but was finishing his day on dock. He was over on a Monday in his 7 day recap, but legal with 34 hour restart. BA told him he would be liable if he was involved in a wreck that day because he was illegal.

The law on this, is what it states. Your BA is no more a lawyer than you or I, so I won't go there. But it seems the independent drivers are doing the most barking about this. Who knows. If they all had to run legal, and get their proper rest, the demand for their services may increase, along with the freight rates, possibly making them more money...

Hats off to these guys.
I am an owner/operator and I have never felt the need to lie on my logs because I refuse to wait until the final minutes are ticking down before pulling over. Finding parking of any kind is the most difficult part.

If you have to push your hours right to the edge to turn a profit, you aren't being paid enough. That's not a log book problem. And these big DC's that think they can waste your time are going to have to accept, in a world of e-logs, that they can't do that anymore.

The law on this, is what it states. Your BA is no more a lawyer than you or I, so I won't go there. But it seems the independent drivers are doing the most barking about this. Who knows. If they all had to run legal, and get their proper rest, the demand for their services may increase, along with the freight rates, possibly making them more money...
WOW, this is news to me, I never met a truck driver that didn't have a law degree!

Seems like there pissed that they can't take money out of another drivers pocket by continuing to cook the books. Regulate the Industry again.

Whoever said that "it sounds like they are protesting the fact that they are going to have to stop cooking the {log} books" was spot on.

All HOS problems are solved when all truck drivers are paid by the hour for the full 14 hour day with paid breaks & OT after 8 hours. Wait a minute, they already do that under a CBA. Well, there is a bandwagon that ya all should jump on. It will have a positive effect on your bottom line. Sorry, I just woke up. Must have been dreaming. von.

If I understand, he had his 34 hour restart. Sunday I assume. Then his clock is at zero. I think I've read some contracts don't "recognize" 34 hour restarts, but that wouldn't supersede law.

Hes legal. He had his legal restart. Tough ::shit:: for the BA