XPO | Pilot program

XCCX

TB Legend
Credits
Has anyone heard or know anything about a pilot program that was rolled out at certain terminals that dealt with speeding and drivecam? I heard rumors but can not confirm.

Has anyone heard or know anything about a pilot program that was rolled out at certain terminals that dealt with speeding and drivecam? I heard rumors but can not confirm.
Going to use EDL to monitor speeding 15 mph over under 55 or 65 I think and 10 over posted speed limit above 55 or 65 will result in punishment of some sort I heard that the old system wasn't being watched and some drivers where exceeding 90 mph downhill

Sorry I don't remember exactly how it works I'm a city guy and it really doesn't effect me so I didn't take notes

So the tractor speed is consistently be match to mapped speed limits In in drivecam database, just like the gps in you personal vehicle tells you the posted speed and your actual speed. This is not like the old parameters we were used to that only knew if you were speeding if an event was triggered by g force and if the camera caught an image of a posted speed limit sign and gps caught you being over that you were coached on it.

So the tractor speed is consistently be match to mapped speed limits In in drivecam database, just like the gps in you personal vehicle tells you the posted speed and your actual speed. This is not like the old parameters we were used to that only knew if you were speeding if an event was triggered by g force and if the camera caught an image of a posted speed limit sign and gps caught you being over that you were coached on it.
Correct. Event is triggered by speed alone. It will not trigger until you are 15 mph over if the speed limit is 65 or below, 10 mph if the speed limit is higher than 65. Speed is checked by gps location and lytx says they use certain vendors that specialize in speed limit mapping but we’ve already found their data is wrong in quite a few spots

5 terminals are in the pilot program and we have been encouraged to give a lot of feedback

The biggest complaint I have is if you run a really hilly terrain you spend more time looking at the speedo and camera then the road. Some might say well you shouldn’t be going that fast and I would agree but some runs change speed limits constantly and you have to really pay attention to it now

So this affect p&d drivers also. I had hear drivers were being dinged about 15 violations a day ? Any truth to that? Also heated that their changing the peramiters because of the number of violations. Where are they going with this? I would assume if it’s a pilot their is no disapline attached to this at the time ?
This a different program from the new disapline policy in affect at terminals the had their tractors turned up to 70 mph max.

In my opinion from driving as long as I have, this whole speeding thing is kinda going off the rails. Personally, I think they should have just bumped our speed up to 67 on the pedal and just given us 70 on the pedal for 7 to 10 seconds to pass another truck. If they also would turn the HP way up in the top gear so we have power when we start to climb a hill, maybe all this speeding BS would calm down. I personally think there are alot of drivers who have never driven a fast truck, they have seen some of these large cars go flying by at night wishing it were them, so they could get to the reship faster. But I will tell you from !980's experience, driving a truck that will do well into the 100's is very scary, and alot of things happen real fast in a short amount of time. So just slow down and enjoy the ride, it's a hell of alot safer.

My tractor is set at 70 mph I rarely go over 75 even though there are a lot of hills coming and going to xlf. The tractor dings at 70 had 462 dings or over speeds last night.. small incline slow down to 65 then back to 70 ding every minute sometimes ding ding ding. I just laugh

Going to use EDL to monitor speeding 15 mph over under 55 or 65 I think and 10 over posted speed limit above 55 or 65 will result in punishment of some sort I heard that the old system wasn't being watched and some drivers where exceeding 90 mph downhill

Sorry I don't remember exactly how it works I'm a city guy and it really doesn't effect me so I didn't take notes
There is a memo out now I'm sure your tm or fos will show it to you
I did notice a 10 sec window to get back under 15/10 over
Edit it mentioned drive cam but I don't think it is paired up with EDL

My tractor is set at 70 mph I rarely go over 75 even though there are a lot of hills coming and going to xlf. The tractor dings at 70 had 462 dings or over speeds last night.. small incline slow down to 65 then back to 70 ding every minute sometimes ding ding ding. I just laugh

It's starting to become a problem. People are bring spoken to. Some guys wish they would have never turned the trucks up. This fall out is not worth the couple minutes.

Someone has bigger balls than I do 90 really. With the way these city driver hit and run over curb and any other way they screw up the front tire. My truck front end vibrates at 72 and any faster it get worst. Should have left them at 65 with a 67 pass on the pedal and given us all the HP and toque the engine has.