XPO | Pilot program

I thought it was that simple as well....

It's like we were saying when they first announced the speed increase. If you give them a 70 MPH truck they are going to go 70 MPH. And this is the proof. They are doing 70 and then some. Where ever and when ever they can.

So the tractor speed is consistently be match to mapped speed limits In in drivecam database, just like the gps in you personal vehicle tells you the posted speed and your actual speed. This is not like the old parameters we were used to that only knew if you were speeding if an event was triggered by g force and if the camera caught an image of a posted speed limit sign and gps caught you being over that you were coached on it.
One of the city guys told me that you can't have a blank stare when sitting at a red light you have to looking back and forth in your mirrors LOL that sh**s funny

Hopefully we don’t see an increase in accidents
If you remember the reasoning we had the trucks turned up to 65 was because they found out almost all the accidents were at a low speed. Now with topping out at 70 I think that trend will slowly switch. Not many road were 70 is the speed limit here in the NE.

I got passed by two XPO sets last night in the rain, both going 70. That means no wipers on and the cruise was set. I’m all for “you drive your truck, I’ll drive mine”, but I think that is reckless. I think accidents will increase, especially if drivers drive with no wipers and the cruise set at 70 when it’s raining.

I got passed by two XPO sets last night in the rain, both going 70. That means no wipers on and the cruise was set. I’m all for “you drive your truck, I’ll drive mine”, but I think that is reckless. I think accidents will increase, especially if drivers drive with no wipers and the cruise set at 70 when it’s raining.
Doesn't mean they were not using the wipers

I drove my first truck set at 70 today. I typically run about 40 miles of interstate. I came away with the feeling that the configuration will be more aggravating than helpful, especially when you consider the anti collision system. No worry for me. Extra speed won’t help, I’ll stay at 60 or 61.

would it be any different at 65 in the rain don't think so
Again, it’s not so much the speed, but having the cruise set and needing to push the washer switch every time you want the wiper to wipe. We all know how situations change very quickly while going down the road. One of the drivers that passed me was also tailgating the truck in front of him. We started up a small grade, around the bend and I see brake lights across the board (maybe 150 yards in front of me). I move to the left lane watching the three trucks and two four wheelers check up for a slow truck in the right lane going about 20mph. Needless to say, I’m glad I was where I was watching it happen and not in the thick of it. Again, just my opinion. One interesting thing out my way, there have been three XPO rollovers in the last six weeks. All three drivers from the same barn. Were they going 70? I don’t know. All I’m saying is let’s be careful and use common sense out there. One bad decision can change lives.

Again, it’s not so much the speed, but having the cruise set and needing to push the washer switch every time you want the wiper to wipe. We all know how situations change very quickly while going down the road. One of the drivers that passed me was also tailgating the truck in front of him. We started up a small grade, around the bend and I see brake lights across the board (maybe 150 yards in front of me). I move to the left lane watching the three trucks and two four wheelers check up for a slow truck in the right lane going about 20mph. Needless to say, I’m glad I was where I was watching it happen and not in the thick of it. Again, just my opinion. One interesting thing out my way, there have been three XPO rollovers in the last six weeks. All three drivers from the same barn. Were they going 70? I don’t know. All I’m saying is let’s be careful and use common sense out there. One bad decision can change lives.
Excellent post but unfortunately we know all don’t have common sense. I be willing to bet that the trucks will be set back somewhere in the near future do to safety concerns but the new speeding policy will stick.

I have yet to hear ANYTHING about the new max speed on tractors or the new speeding policy. Good ol’ lack of communication.

Sorry but the drivers where from two different barns. The one on the Cross Bronx was out of XNB and two out of XNW.