XPO | Pilot program

I waiting to hear about the first driver to get a ticket doing 70 in a 55 or even worst 45 and if the cops is having a bad day we can add reckless driving on top of that to.
Sorry driver your not getting a ticket this is an summons to appear or here I have a nice set of bracelets for you and a free ride to jail.

Sorry but the drivers where from two different barns. The one on the Cross Bronx was out of XNB and two out of XNW.
I heard two on 84 in ct, one on the pike. Just what I heard. All three from xnw. The first accident happened before the trucks got turned up, so that driver, who was brand new, wasn’t going 70.

Last edited:
Can't wait until the real weather hits. The accident and injury reports have been eventful all summer. 70 MPH truck in the ****. You don't need wipers on a frozen windshield anyway. Hammer down !

I waiting to hear about the first driver to get a ticket doing 70 in a 55 or even worst 45 and if the cops is having a bad day we can add reckless driving on top of that to.
Sorry driver your not getting a ticket this is an summons to appear or here I have a nice set of bracelets for you and a free ride to jail.
I don’t get all the negativity about 5 miles per hour. Is it really speed that kills or is it th driver? Do guns kill or is it the guy pulling the trigger? The same idiot that does unsafe stuff at 65 will do it at 70. It’s only five miles per hour diff

I don’t get all the negativity about 5 miles per hour. Is it really speed that kills or is it th driver? Do guns kill or is it the guy pulling the trigger? The same idiot that does unsafe stuff at 65 will do it at 70. It’s only five miles per hour diff
You correct it is only 5 mph . Its the combination of an aggressive diver and higher speeds and actions like only using the wipers occasionally in bad weather that make it more dangerous. I have been driving a long time probably longer than most here. 70 mph is good when road conditions and traffic permit it. We are driving tandem and triple trailer combinations witch make our circumstances a lot more dicey than a four wheeler or a single trailer rig diving 70 mph.
Speed kills. Period. Reaction time decrease as speed increases. Just because a tractor is set to 70 mph or the posted speed is 70 mph does not mandate you do it.
Nobody is saying the 70 mph is something completely negative . It’s the behavior faster is better at any expense.

If You don't want to go 70 then don't. For the life of me I cannot understand how our trucks getting turned up can be turned into a negative. It's the one positive thing that XPO has done for me

You correct it is only 5 mph . Its the combination of an aggressive diver and higher speeds and actions like only using the wipers occasionally in bad weather that make it more dangerous. I have been driving a long time probably longer than most here. 70 mph is good when road conditions and traffic permit it. We are driving tandem and triple trailer combinations witch make our circumstances a lot more dicey than a four wheeler or a single trailer rig diving 70 mph.
Speed kills. Period. Reaction time decrease as speed increases. Just because a tractor is set to 70 mph or the posted speed is 70 mph does not mandate you do it.
Nobody is saying the 70 mph is something completely negative . It’s the behavior faster is better at any expense.
Once the they roll out the new speeding update to everyone’s drivecam this will no longer be an issue. It will tell on you if you’re doing something stupid in regards to speed. I’m not a fan of the drive cams but I will say this latest update has made me be a little less aggressive and a whole lot more conscientious of my surroundings. If you are in a 55 that red light goes off as soon as you hit 70.

Once the they roll out the new speeding update to everyone’s drivecam this will no longer be an issue. It will tell on you if you’re doing something stupid in regards to speed. I’m not a fan of the drive cams but I will say this latest update has made me be a little less aggressive and a whole lot more conscientious of my surroundings. If you are in a 55 that red light goes off as soon as you hit 70.
This is why I don’t really use cruise.

Has anyone heard or know anything about a pilot program that was rolled out at certain terminals that dealt with speeding and drivecam? I heard rumors but can not confirm.
I've never been told about a pilot program. However, in the only 55 mph I driver in, if I am going one way over 5 mph over the limit, my drivecam goes off. Going the other direction, it doesn't. Only figured it out by experimentation...

And at this point, all we can hire is the bottom of the barrel. Giving someone that doesn't know better something that can hurt them or others is dangerous. Ever see the video of the range instructor giving a 9 year old girl an uzi ? He ends up dead. Maybe some of the people we got working here right now have more sense than a nine year old. But not to many.

Do I feel that 5 mph more is dangerous ? No. I do not. Do I feel that accidents will go up ? Yes, I do. Somewhere in that, I am lying to myself.

If You don't want to go 70 then don't. For the life of me I cannot understand how our trucks getting turned up can be turned into a negative. It's the one positive thing that XPO has done for me

If there is anything that I have learned working here. It's be careful what you ask for. It don't ever come out the way you wanted it to.

Just maybe you should not be doing 70 in a 55.. HELLO MC FLY

Seems obvious. But we already have heard from many line haul drivers that have been flying hammer down through 45 mph zones for years. And the over speeds guys are getting on the hilly runs are comical.

I've never been told about a pilot program. However, in the only 55 mph I driver in, if I am going one way over 5 mph over the limit, my drivecam goes off. Going the other direction, it doesn't. Only figured it out by experimentation...

This garbage is just like everything else. We will sort out the way it works. Figure out how to manipulate it and take full advantage of it. That is for sure.

Out of ten linehaul tractors, only three are turned up. Five are too new, no software available for the update. Two are Sterlings. We will be starting the yearly swap outs for next year. We were told that we were getting rid of our newer tractors and getting some older ones for next year. How old? We will see.

Out of ten linehaul tractors, only three are turned up. Five are too new, no software available for the update. Two are Sterlings. We will be starting the yearly swap outs for next year. We were told that we were getting rid of our newer tractors and getting some older ones for next year. How old? We will see.
Our newest tractor is set at 70 mph

Our newest tractor is set at 70 mph
A mechanic at the shop told me they got one truck in that some driver had work done to it. Lets everything was turned up and I mean everything, speed, HP, and torque. I'm sure he will hate it when he gets his truck back.