Pitcher's Frustration With Himself Spars Bench Clearing In World Series

Starkravinloon

Hero's Falling At Home
Credits
Strickland, frustrated with the homer he gave up, turns anger to the Royals bench,,, Saying this morning on SC that it was spared from him yelling at himself for giving up the homer, said "It was just a misunderstanding between me and another player".. After ask what the player said, Strickland responded "I don't know what he said. I don't speak Spanish. But he was looking as though he was angry about something I said, and I wasn't talking to him. I was angry with myself. But I'm not going to back down"..

www.sports.yahoo.com/news/as-temper...-world-series-finds-some-drama-073539487.html

He should be upset.. 5 home runs given up in the postseason, an MLB record... The Royals player should have kept his mouth shut and play the game.. You're beating the brakes off of'em...Maybe he doesn't speak "English"...

Last edited by a moderator:
This was blown all out of whack. The pitcher is allowed to vent his frustrations with himself, but the culture nowadays is to never make eye contact with the opponent for any reason, which is really quite stupid if you ask me. I'm not sure why the "badass" mentality has taken over in baseball anyway, because most of them couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. Most baseball fights make the participants look like pansies.

But it is what it is.

This was blown all out of whack. The pitcher is allowed to vent his frustrations with himself, but the culture nowadays is to never make eye contact with the opponent for any reason, which is really quite stupid if you ask me. I'm not sure why the "badass" mentality has taken over in baseball anyway, because most of them couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. Most baseball fights make the participants look like pansies.

But it is what it is.

But that's it, they never made eye contact until Strickland started walking back to the mound.. That's when Paco started his crap.. Just because you're beatin' the brakes off of another team, doesn't mean your professionalism and upbringing has to be questioned.. If I were the plate umpire, I would have thrown the Royals player out of the game.. I'm pulling for the Royals to win the World Series, but this put a black eye on the series IMO.. I expected KC to win with dignity...