Pitt-Ohio | Pitt Ohio Express Rebrands as Boundaries Expand

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
Regional carrier diversifies, seeks growth beyond LTL base

Pitt Ohio Express is changing its name and its brand to reflect a broader business that goes "beyond the road" and the company's less-than-truckload roots.

Starting in January, the Pittsburgh-based company will simply go by Pitt Ohio, but it will add a new line to its logo to reflect a diversified and expanded business.

The line beneath its name will read "supply chain, ground, LTL, TL" to better represent the mix of transportation and logistics services the carrier offers...................

Pitt Ohio Express Rebrands as Boundaries Expand | Journal of Commerce

I was under the impression that the red stripe would be updated and the word express was being removed from roof fairings, but the LTL would still be named Pitt Ohio Express. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Thanks for posting the story.:1036316054:

pitt ohio ground? looks like pitt is gettin into the package game. their website says they have over 2000 small package drivers to handle ground package shipments.

There was a brand new Vanguard trailer in the yard this morning with the new logo.

cid__Photo11180901_1.jpg

cid__Photo11180901.jpg

looks like the pitt terminal in my neck of the woods. are they goin to be delivering packages in cargo vans? this is the 1st ive heard of pitt ohio ground

What the supply chain is according to our Tm is we are taking over some supply companies deliveries that they were doing inhouse. Basically a contract carrier for a business doing their inhouse deliveries

What the supply chain is according to our Tm is we are taking over some supply companies deliveries that they were doing inhouse. Basically a contract carrier for a business doing their inhouse deliveries

On Wednesday, I had 2 deliveries at nursing homes of freight from McKesson. I was told at both stops that these deliveries are usually made by McKesson's own drivers. I don't know if this is new business or maybe we were just helping out during a busy week.

Last edited by a moderator: