Pittsburg,PA.,Something I haven't seen in awhile/Trailer buckled in transit.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
Tractor-Trailer Hauling Beer Buckles On East Carson Street On Pittsburgh's South Side - kdka.com
tractor_trailer.jpg

According to KDKA's Mary Robb Jackson, the truck apparently hit some bumps in the road that may be related to an ongoing construction project.

The truck then buckled in two while carrying a load of beer to the Frank Fuhrer Wholesale Company. (Seig Heil!)

Must have been some very severe Bumps with the heaviest Beer center loaded!!

I wonder if the cops brought their portable scales to the scene when the tow company pulled the back of this trailer off the road?

Notice where the tandems are on this 53' trailer!

Also those construction workers had a front end loader and could have made a haul for after work party!

Hmmmmm Aren't the tandems under the tail to scale the weight?
I know that is how it is in New York my state.

I ONCE picked up a Beer load in Laredo that was REVERSE LOADED (from the cross border trailer to mine) and I HAD TO run the tandems all the way back just to be of Legal Weight (durn tootin' I scaled it at a Cat Scale house on FM14), so that may well have been the case with the broken trailer: FAULTY LOADING, or could have been a FAULTY DRIVER or simply FAULTY TRAILER.
Personally, I've never seen or travelled any road that was able to snap a trailer nor have I ever seen any trailers snapped other than in Rail yards.
Some folk might say "I don't get out much" to which eyel agree.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to KDKA's Mary Robb Jackson, the truck apparently hit some bumps in the road that may be related to an ongoing construction project.

The truck then buckled in two while carrying a load of beer to the Frank Fuhrer Wholesale Company. (Seig Heil!)

Must have been some very severe Bumps with the heaviest Beer center loaded!!

With all the beer trucks(local and deliveries), coal buckets, steel hauls coming from the mills, and other every day truck traffic on that road, bumpy is an understatement. That area is also under construction right now, makes the bumps 10x worst then normal.

I wonder if the cops brought their portable scales to the scene when the tow company pulled the back of this trailer off the road?

that would mean that:
A) Pittsburgh PD would have to call the state boys to help them. FAT CHANCE!
B) Pittsburgh CV Enforcement would have to learn how to use thiers. REAL FAT CHANCE of that happening.

I don't know anything about PA.,DOT.
However New York State is always looking for commercial violators.
So they can gain revenue from the trucking companies any chance they can.
Our troopers ride around with their portable scales checking weights at DOT check points.
Believe it or not a cop told me that our state can ticket trucks by the pound on a over weight fine.

I found this out when receiving a warning as I took a short cut on a 4 ton limit country road.
I gotta give kudos to this cop for cutting me a break.
That overweight fine for me would have been unreal if I was charged by the pound.