Placard ?

White

Banned
Credits
6600# oxidizer, 360# poison (not Zone A/B). I say you use Oxidizer (obviously) & Dangerous. I say you can’t use Poison as it’s under 1001#. Opinions? Thanks

6600# oxidizer, 360# poison (not Zone A/B). I say you use Oxidizer (obviously) & Dangerous. I say you can’t use Poison as it’s under 1001#. Opinions? Thanks

Whew! Good one....I would think "Poison"......Any Quantity.....along with "Oxidizer". But I'm not sure......
Good technical question, Brother.....

Whew! Good one....I would think "Poison"......Any Quantity.....along with "Oxidizer". But I'm not sure......
Good technical question, Brother.....
Zone A/B is any quantity. All others 1001#. I say communication is the point of placards. If requirements aren’t met, they can’t be used.

Zone A/B is any quantity. All others 1001#. I say communication is the point of placards. If requirements aren’t met, they can’t be used.
Oxidizer placards only. No other combination of H/M fulfills the need for additional placarding. To put one’s mind at ease, poison or dangerous could be applied, but are not necessary.

Btw, is the oxidizer a bulk commodity, requiring said UN identification?

Oxidizer placards only. No other combination of H/M fulfills the need for additional placarding. To put one’s mind at ease, poison or dangerous could be applied, but are not necessary.

Btw, is the oxidizer a bulk commodity, requiring said UN identification?
No bulk. Pool cleaning tabs or something.

That would be placarded as Oxidizer 5.1 and either Poison 6 (prefered) or Dangerous. The 1001 lbs is for ALL haz in the trailer. Not each class. Exception being non-bulk class 9, combustible or limited quantity.

Poison, any amount, use class placard. Poison is poison. Falls under the group placard for ANY amount. No dangerous placard. You can also use the Oxidizer class placard that has the smaller UN numbers in the middle of it...

Poison, any amount, use class placard. Poison is poison. Falls under the group placard for ANY amount. No dangerous placard. You can also use the Oxidizer class placard that has the smaller UN numbers in the middle of it...
I respectfully refer you to Table 2 in regards to placarding Poison. Table 1 (A/B, inhalation hazard) is any amount. I personally think using class placs for unrequired amounts communicates a more serious danger than present. Conversely, I use class v Dangerous when weights warrant.

Last edited:
You do not identify whether the poison is 2.3 or 6. If it is Division 2.3 (gas) it is a Table 1 risk and is placarded at any amount. If it is Division Poison 6.1 (solid or liquid not an inhalation hazard in zone A/B) then a Dangerous Placard would be acceptable, in addition to the Division 5.1 placard for the Oxidizer. I will add that any time more than 2,002 lbs. of aggregate weight of all H/M loaded placards must represent all of the risks. Either the Poison 6.1 or Dangerous may represent the 360 lbs. However I would placard with a 5.1 and a 6, out of courtesy to First Responders to alert them of the Poison risk. After all the point of placarding is to alert to the H/M risks in the trailer.

I respectfully refer you to Table 2 in regards to placarding Poison. Table 1 (A/B, inhalation hazard) is any amount. I personally think using class placs for unrequired amounts communicates a more serious danger than present. Conversely, I use class v Dangerous when weights warrant.
You can legally use any class placard also for weights under 1001 lbs. it is communicating the risk.

You’re thinking of the placards required to haul the ingredients for Ridge Sox popcorn.....