Yellow | place to start non needed middle management at local terminals is 211 the only one?

billrunner

TB Lurker
Credits
Now comes yrc with there hand out again makes me sick to watch unneeded management walk around with no job to do don't no if its just 211 or if its a lingering problem everywhere I don't particularly have a problem with needed management but 4 terminal managers in one building why they want us to continually give back everything to keep yrc afloat when you have a struggling company people loose there jobs they have no problem cutting the labor anytime they feel but not the good ole boys they just suck the life and money our money out of yrc at rfo and cve when yellow we had three terminal managers and two terminals and more then double the labor now four terminal managers plus some other added management yrcw needs to do cost cutting not just concessions from the teamsters wake up just wondering if its only here just hard to believe it is

E
Now comes yrc with there hand out again makes me sick to watch unneeded management walk around with no job to do don't no if its just 211 or if its a lingering problem everywhere I don't particularly have a problem with needed management but 4 terminal managers in one building why they want us to continually give back everything to keep yrc afloat when you have a struggling company people loose there jobs they have no problem cutting the labor anytime they feel but not the good ole boys they just suck the life and money our money out of yrc at rfo and cve when yellow we had three terminal managers and two terminals and more then double the labor now four terminal managers plus some other added management yrcw needs to do cost cutting not just concessions from the teamsters wake up just wondering if its only here just hard to believe it is[/QUOTE ........ Your frustration is evident by you not using any period's in your post. good luck:hide:

I would like to know if over staffing of management is like it is at 211/Akron? We used to have 4 dock supervisors, now we have 6 (who are glorified door closers) at all times 24/7. We have 1 terminal manager and 3 assistants who all work day shift. In the 4 lane garage we have a total of 4 supervisors for as little as 1 or 2 mechanics on weekends. Then there is someone who oversees those 4 supervisors. It just seems like total overkill in every dept.

I would like to know if over staffing of management is like it is at 211/Akron? We used to have 4 dock supervisors, now we have 6 (who are glorified door closers) at all times 24/7. We have 1 terminal manager and 3 assistants who all work day shift. In the 4 lane garage we have a total of 4 supervisors for as little as 1 or 2 mechanics on weekends. Then there is someone who oversees those 4 supervisors. It just seems like total overkill in every dept.

This is absolutely a big problem.IT is just like you said, they are glorified door closures .They hired these guys to do the exact thing we were doing a couple years back.We have an operations manager and 2 dock supervisors to watch over 14 guys on outbound and there looking to hire at least one more supervisor. What really burns my butt is it took like three months to finally hire one guy, they have him on call but corporate says they can not use the guy, so he hasn't been working for the last 2 weeks. And the kicker is they had a guy retire on oct. 31. so why would`nt you replace the guy who left? Totally insane.

:wtflol:Got a ATM who comes in for 4 hrs a day and leaves for the day until the TM or some big wig shows up then he shows up on time for 8 hr day

we have 3 in the daytime at a satellite. a few men on the dock leaving in the morning, a couple starting early afternoon. we need a tm, dispatch and dock super for that. daytime sup never sets the dock up to run, rarely has the moves made. sorts all in a row or unbilled freight, year in and year out.

E
Now comes yrc with there hand out again makes me sick to watch unneeded management walk around with no job to do don't no if its just 211 or if its a lingering problem everywhere I don't particularly have a problem with needed management but 4 terminal managers in one building why they want us to continually give back everything to keep yrc afloat when you have a struggling company people loose there jobs they have no problem cutting the labor anytime they feel but not the good ole boys they just suck the life and money our money out of yrc at rfo and cve when yellow we had three terminal managers and two terminals and more then double the labor now four terminal managers plus some other added management yrcw needs to do cost cutting not just concessions from the teamsters wake up just wondering if its only here just hard to believe it is[/QUOTE ........ Your frustration is evident by you not using any period's in your post. good luck:hide:

Who cares if he didn't use periods......... You got his point...... Maybe he's long winded!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ever hear the term "putting the band back together"?