XPO | PLEASE , COME BACK FORMER XPO/CON-WAY DRIVERS!

Also, if they are inquiring about these drivers coming back,why are they using the cameras to discipline the drivers they currently have ?

One hand don't know what the other hand is doing. This place is a damn mess.

The sales staff keep trying to grow business. Which is their job. But we keep losing drivers and ain't got any equipment. How are we going to grow ? I got back at 17:45 and they are sending me back out. No pups or long boxes. I got to jump in and help strip one just to get the heck out of there. And the dock hands weren't sitting around. There had been two of them already working on the trailer when I come on the dock.

And you just look around and there are so many examples.

I remember back about 2yrs ago our regional HR told me that if you leave we are not taking you back. The full circle never stops. The new LTL 2.0 You left now we want you back and guess what it's even gotten worst since you left and now you on the bottom of the board

So , with XPO bringing back fired drivers and/or drivers that quit , those that did not quit or get fired potentially could be in a situation where they are paid less money than a returning driver.

Also , a driver that had no break in service from the company could have less time off available than one of these drivers that quit and/or was fired.

As far as answers from local management , they say it's not right but it's a corporate decision.

Personally , I think it's great if a driver can get a good deal from XPO. You have to wonder what kind of environment it will be if a driver that was fired is working with one that was not AND the previously fired driver is at top pay. The animosity , resentment , and plain hate would be understandable.

For upper tier drivers ( as far as seniority ) , how do you even give two f-_-s if a driver quit ir was fired and returns and is allowed to accrue time off at a faster rate than you?

I hope someone in the upper management has the balls to address this toxic situation...it is EASY to see the situation ( work environment ) go downhill...FAST!

I’m not sure if invitation to return is open too fired drivers. I think it may be to drivers who left on their own accord.
Also would they want to come back at non legacy terms ? It one thing starting at the bottom but to come back to less than what you had even when you make it to the top of progression.
They may have left to find a better situation of employment but to come back and settle for less. Also what kind of driver are we getting back that is desperate enough to settle for that after trying to find and being rejected by other employers possibly in a job rich environment.

I remember back about 2yrs ago our regional HR told me that if you leave we are not taking you back. The full circle never stops. The new LTL 2.0 You left now we want you back and guess what it's even gotten worst since you left and now you on the bottom of the board
Desperate times call for desperate measures

I’m not sure if invitation to return is open too fired drivers. I think it may be to drivers who left on their own accord.
Also would they want to come back at non legacy terms ? It one thing starting at the bottom but to come back to less than what you had even when you make it to the top of progression.
They may have left to find a better situation of employment but to come back and settle for less. Also what kind of driver are we getting back that is desperate enough to settle for that after trying to find and being rejected by other employers possibly in a job rich environment.
Drivers that quit or were fired are being hired back. Hopefully , returning drivers and drivers that never left will be paid well. But there seems to be something that is NOT right with a returning driver coming out better than a driver that NEVER left or was FIRED.

Drivers that quit or were fired are being hired back. Hopefully , returning drivers and drivers that never left will be paid well. But there seems to be something that is NOT right with a returning driver coming out better than a driver that NEVER left or was FIRED.
I would think they would come back at the bottom of the list and the starting wage of the progression. Do you know of any terminated drivers that have been brought back and if so what was there initial termination over ? Would they bring back someone who stoled ? Some who was involved in a fatal accident and at cause ?

So , with XPO bringing back fired drivers and/or drivers that quit , those that did not quit or get fired potentially could be in a situation where they are paid less money than a returning driver.

Also , a driver that had no break in service from the company could have less time off available than one of these drivers that quit and/or was fired.

As far as answers from local management , they say it's not right but it's a corporate decision.

Personally , I think it's great if a driver can get a good deal from XPO. You have to wonder what kind of environment it will be if a driver that was fired is working with one that was not AND the previously fired driver is at top pay. The animosity , resentment , and plain hate would be understandable.

For upper tier drivers ( as far as seniority ) , how do you even give two f-_-s if a driver quit ir was fired and returns and is allowed to accrue time off at a faster rate than you?

I hope someone in the upper management has the balls to address this toxic situation...it is EASY to see the situation ( work environment ) go downhill...FAST!

They want it to go down hill. They are trying to figure out why so many of us are still here. Nothing is done to retain a driver while they are here. Nothing.

Fired drivers have been contacted. Fired for points, safety or attendance. Fired for a wreck or accident under the old safety policy. You get calls.

If you left on your own. You get harassed.

I would think they would come back at the bottom of the list and the starting wage of the progression. Do you know of any terminated drivers that have been brought back and if so what was there initial termination over ? Would they bring back someone who stoled ? Some who was involved in a fatal accident and at cause ?

What stipulations ? How many drivers get fired for stealing ? System wide in a year ? Maybe ten ? What is there, that is here anywhere, that would be worth losing a six figure job over ?

And how many fatal accidents a year ? We all know the majority of CDL accidents are single vehicle where the driver dies. Either he fell asleep or had a heart attack or bad weather. Again. Maybe ten a year ? In the whole system. Where there was a fatality that was the drivers responsibility and he lived ?

What are you gonna argue next ? That it only counts if it's leap year, on the 29th day of February, during a lunar eclipse, after a fresh snow, while Stairway to Heaven was on the radio ?

What stipulations ? How many drivers get fired for stealing ? System wide in a year ? Maybe ten ? What is there, that is here anywhere, that would be worth losing a six figure job over ?

And how many fatal accidents a year ? We all know the majority of CDL accidents are single vehicle where the driver dies. Either he fell asleep or had a heart attack or bad weather. Again. Maybe ten a year ? In the whole system. Where there was a fatality that was the drivers responsibility and he lived ?

What are you gonna argue next ? That it only counts if it's leap year, on the 29th day of February, during a lunar eclipse, after a fresh snow, while Stairway to Heaven was on the radio ?
Do you know of a driver that was brought back after termination ? I think there’s a bunch of drivers out there that have been terminated for stealing time. Not trying to make an argument I just curious if there willing to bring someone back for such serious infractions. And if so what example does that set current employees is it ok to do anything you want ?

Do you know of a driver that was brought back after termination ? I think there’s a bunch of drivers out there that have been terminated for stealing time. Not trying to make an argument I just curious if there willing to bring someone back for such serious infractions. And if so what example does that set current employees is it ok to do anything you want ?
Respectfully SSSS , I am telling you point blank ( not a rumor or gossip ) - drivers are being hired back after being fired. As far as I can tell , it's at the terminal manager's discretion. Also after quitting.