XPO | PLEASE , COME BACK FORMER XPO/CON-WAY DRIVERS!

icuicp

TB Veteran
Credits
It has been mentioned before that there is a push going on to recruit former drivers that have left on good or bad terms. Calling and texting these drivers and offering them to return where they would have been salary wise and vacation wise ( according to what I have been told )

The drivers that return go to the end of the line on service rank ( seniority ) as far as I understand , and I don't know if they get the old 401k or the new 401k.

Surprisingly , I have heard that this has worked with some drivers. One is returning from FedEx Freight and the other from Saia at nearby terminals.

I want to ask one of these drivers why come back to XPO to the bottom in seniority and the SAME broken environment? You should've just stayed ( at XPO ) in the first place.

It has been mentioned before that there is a push going on to recruit former drivers that have left on good or bad terms. Calling and texting these drivers and offering them to return where they would have been salary wise and vacation wise ( according to what I have been told )

The drivers that return go to the end of the line on service rank ( seniority ) as far as I understand , and I don't know if they get the old 401k or the new 401k.

Surprisingly , I have heard that this has worked with some drivers. One is returning from FedEx Freight and the other from Saia at nearby terminals.

I want to ask one of these drivers why come back to XPO to the bottom in seniority and the SAME broken environment? You should've just stayed ( at XPO ) in the first place.
Because they might get to drive a 70 mph truck in a few years of course!!!

I bet this program is geographic in nature to specific areas where they can not get anyone to apply. I have not heard of anything of this in my area. Of course there's still a available Driver's Poole to hire from at the present time . Why go down the road you have traveled before, when you didn't find your rainbow the first time unless of course you find yourself in need of a job.

No I haven’t called or responded. Main reason I left was because I miscalculated how bad an hour drive sucks. But I wouldn’t come back, grass is greener at FXF. Plus I have a 10 mixture drive to work.
Digger86 , would you share any details of offers made to you to return?

Also , aside from distance , is the overall work environment better at FedEx Freight?

While XPO's benefits may seem similar to what competitors offer I will warn EVERYONE that changes behind the scenes have stripped a LOT of the quality out of what is being offered

yeah sure they would be below you but all the ones at my terminal were piece of ::shit:: anyways and yes I've heard that they were calling back at my place

Digger86 , would you share any details of offers made to you to return?

Also , aside from distance , is the overall work environment better at FedEx Freight?

While XPO's benefits may seem similar to what competitors offer I will warn EVERYONE that changes behind the scenes have stripped a LOT of the quality out of what is being offered
No offers, just voicemails and texts telling me to call about coming back.

Yea it’s a lot better work environment. Everyone’s pretty happy even the dockworkers. The FACs I ran to at XPO we’re very hostile.

We have now gone full circle. We are now doing every little trick to hire drivers that has been going on for years. I hope, and not betting on it, that upper management pulls there head out of there ass and start realizing they were main cause of the mass exodus of driver and lower level mangers. There cutting and simile lack of knowledge of how LTL freight works has hurt this company and will take over twice as long and cost even more to fix.
I have a FXF and OD near me and when you ask them about a driver shortage there reply is "WHAT SHORTAGE?". Both of these places don't have hiring signs out and are not running the same gimmick we are.So to Brad and all those upstairs have fun watching how much this will cost to fix and think to yourself if we only would have done it right back then.

The differences are night and Day. I can not speak for XPO, only Con-way. I would imagine that it has not changed to much .
I don't think that question has ever been ask, why all these people leaving by upper management.

The differences are night and Day. I can not speak for XPO, only Con-way. I would imagine that it has not changed to much .
I don't think that question has ever been ask, why all these people leaving by upper management.
The one I talked to that left said. Better pay and/or benifits, better working hours. It isn't hard to figure out in the real world 2+2=4 but in XPO world 2+2=3 one day and 5 the next

We have now gone full circle. We are now doing every little trick to hire drivers that has been going on for years. I hope, and not betting on it, that upper management pulls there head out of there ass and start realizing they were main cause of the mass exodus of driver and lower level mangers. There cutting and simile lack of knowledge of how LTL freight works has hurt this company and will take over twice as long and cost even more to fix.
I have a FXF and OD near me and when you ask them about a driver shortage there reply is "WHAT SHORTAGE?". Both of these places don't have hiring signs out and are not running the same gimmick we are.So to Brad and all those upstairs have fun watching how much this will cost to fix and think to yourself if we only would have done it right back then.
I see a pattern with XPO ...

1.) Cut as many people ( maybe too many ) as you think you can

2.) Push the people that are left to the limit ( those that remain are your diehards and will adjust to most changes )

3.) When the people start complaining that you are pushing to the limit , slowly start hiring more people to help...at lower wages with less benefits and experience

4.) Finally , make a real push to hire people to replace those that were eliminated when customers complain about service ( again , attracting only the less experienced offering less benefits )

XPO did this after purchasing Con-way. Eliminating account executives ( salespeople ) with the no-compete contracts and overall worse deals. Months later XPO comes out and publicly admits they cut too many salespeople and they are working hard to bulk up the staff.

With drivers you see a repeat of the same in a different way - driver workforce is shrinking due to retirements , people leaving , terminations , health , etc...Word of mouth keeps people from coming to this company.

At this point , I would NOT RECOMMEND XPO to a person that could get a job elsewhere. XPO is still in the middle of changing into whatever it will become
with more things being stripped away that you may not notice...until you need them and it's not there.

2.) Push the people that are left to the limit ( those that remain are your diehards and will adjust to most changes )

3.) When the people start complaining that you are pushing to the limit , slowly start hiring more people to help...at lower wages with less benefits and experience

4.) Finally , make a real push to hire people to replace those that were eliminated when customers complain about service ( again , attracting only the less experienced offering less benefits )

XPO did this after purchasing Con-way. Eliminating account executives ( salespeople ) with the no-compete contracts and overall worse deals. Months later XPO comes out and publicly admits they cut too many salespeople and they are working hard to bulk up the staff.

With drivers you see a repeat of the same in a different way - driver workforce is shrinking due to retirements , people leaving , terminations , health , etc...Word of mouth keeps people from coming to this company.

At this point , I would NOT RECOMMEND XPO to a person that could get a job elsewhere. XPO is still in the middle of changing into whatever it will become
with more things being stripped away that you may not notice...until you need them and it's not there.
Like I said in my post we had people take over operation and know nothing or thought they knew how LTL works Tony Brook being the big one. Now there trying to back pedal while not trying to look like fools.
No matter what plan you come up with or what you change if you don't have equipment, (Trailer, trucks and forklift) drivers your freight isn't moving. I seems that are last LTL Pres Brook was very good at doing this and who suffered???? The customer. Now we have LTL 2.0, :lmao:, or better yet they way we were doing it for years ie: taking care of the customer. Funny how it has come full circle.

The one cut that XPO want to do that was stopped was getting rid of all the CSR at every barn and making in a centralized system.

The one cut that XPO want to do that was stopped was getting rid of all the CSR at every barn and making in a centralized system.
Well , CSR's are cheap. Dockworkers are cheap. Anything cheaper ( not necessarily better ) is what XPO is interested in. I've been to terminals where CSR's are doing supervisor jobs. Same with dockworkers doing management jobs.

I wonder if retired drivers are being asked to come back as well?

Two days ago I advised a SAIA driver not to apply for employment with XPO. There are many more companies with better benefits and start times than what XPO offers. XPO will not attract employees until they change their business model. I’ve been here 13 1/2 years and at a 0930 start time. People with just weeks less have 1000 and 1030 starts. A lot needs to change.

Con-way to XPO ? It has changed a lot. It's significantly worse.

That's why guys like you left. And it's why guys with 20+ years are leaving.

Even the management are leaving. Big time corporate guys and local terminal folks.

And things continue to get worse for all of us. So, obviously, the question they are asking is: what do we have to do to get rid of these people ?