PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME LIKE I AM A 3rd GRADER !!

Jb beat it. I just want to know if the benefits, pension are guaranteed in writing because my 3rd grade math tells me this.

66.45 x 12 = 797.40 a year for union dues,,, now let's take it 1 more step. Follow my math here.

797 x 220= 175,340 $$$$ the 220 Is total local drivers. So local 107 stands to add 175,340 to their coffers on the back of NCT DRIVERS and I am entitled to know what we are getting for all this money we are going to pay. I don't want a bs line from a BA I don't know I want it from a driver.

Because I work here it's 220 give or take a few I over heard it. I don't trust Chris I don't know him from jack. I want an nct driver to tell me the truth. It's a lot if cash.

darksky its tough to get a straight answer on that, your going to get 2 sides but you will have to believe who you want...

everyone will send you "Their version" of the breakdown,
\
You have to seek the truth

Jb beat it. I just want to know if the benefits, pension are guaranteed in writing because my 3rd grade math tells me this.

66.45 x 12 = 797.40 a year for union dues,,, now let's take it 1 more step. Follow my math here.

797 x 220= 175,340 $$$$ the 220 Is total local drivers. So local 107 stands to add 175,340 to their coffers on the back of NCT DRIVERS and I am entitled to know what we are getting for all this money we are going to pay. I don't want a bs line from a BA I don't know I want it from a driver.

that's a good question, where does all the money go?

I hear ya but it seems like the people from 107 don't want us to know the truth. If I know our company is moving in the right direction why in the blue hell would I want to give another person 797 of my hard earned bucks for nothing I mean wtf is that extortion ??

WHY WOULD WE WANT TO GIVE LOCAL 107 OVER $ 175,000 FOR WHAT ???!!

Like I said please explain it to me like I am a 3rd grader !

I thought I remember someone posting salaries of Union management, is that what it goes to??? if so, that's like all of it, they're making 6 figures

You get no out of pocket health care expenses,a pension which is paid by NCT, an hourly wage consistent to the master freight agreement, overtime after 8 hours each day with a guarantee of 8 hours each day, yearly contract raises in your hourly pay, a no harassment environment by management... these are just a few positive points that will be implemented. At this moment you receive none of the above mentioned assets. Realistically, they can take more away from you and you have no rights to ask why. I hope this is helpful.

The driver that was involved in that rollover at exit 52 was exonerated of all charges brought forth by the police. His lawyer obtained documents proving that the load shifted because it was improperly secured by the dock. It was proven the truck speed was 13MPH not the suggested ramp speed of 25MPH. NO skid marks were visible. Other drivers have also had rollovers which were deemed driver neglect but yet they are still employed at NCT. If there was a union, they could not fire any driver without due process. The rollover at exit 52 involved 2 fork lifts loaded in the nose with freight loaded behind it. The driver did not have a safe access to see just how the lifts were secured. NCT assumed the role of the shipper and was responsible for the safe securement of those lifts. When those lifts finally went out for delivery after the incident there was enough straps,bars and dunnage to build a house.

Are you all nuts, you think that if you pay union dues you will get full health coverage and a pension your smoking the same thing as the mayor in canada. You better check with the union on how much that will cost you and how long you will have to pay in before you will be able to collect on that. You dont really think the union will give you that in writing do you, if they do there smoking the same thing you are. Been there and done that, the union promised the world and all we ended with was the short end of the stick. Ask your wifes because as men you really don't have an ounce of brains in your heads.

Union 107 is waiving the $300 initiation if you sign before the vote. Our hourly rate is not going down. We no longer pay for medical. We receive a pension (not out of our pocket), so much more then what we have now....call Local 107 if you have questions.

obviously you were not part of the national master freight contract. The contract clearly states you will be vested in 5 years which means you can collect your pension at that time. Your benefit package is broken up into 3 categories, your hourly wage,your health package and your welfare package. Do I really have to explain it any clearer. If you don't grasp the concept then obviously you were never a Teamster to begin with.

some people just don't get it Unionlife. Whether they're afraid of change or just not educated properly about what the union is all about. I don't fault anyone for feeling uneasy about the union but in order to form an opinion you must see both sides correctly and accurately. Anti union propaganda, is the companys only tool to discourage the employee and most if not all are lies. The Teamsters only convey truthful facts be it negative or positive.

Not all if us have ever been around a union so you can't get pissed at the questions we are asking not all of us trust a third party with a lot of our hard earned money. I would rather hear the answers from a driver direct than a person I don't know.

So what happens if this gets voted in and no agreement is reached because there is no more money what happens then ? What is the end game because my family will be demanding an answer !!??