Holland | Please update layoffs

great news (well good anyway)

just got a call from holland(da) ALL 5 LINEHAUL RECALLED TODAY!!!! How long is anybody's guess

Just got the call they called all the linehaul back in LO dont know how many total but I'm one from the bottom. I hope its for a little while this time. Hang in there guys that call should be coming.

One more city laid-off in GY on Friday. That makes 12 out of 34 laid off. (35% on lay off) I think there is 4 out of 11 linehaul on lay off.(36% on lay off)

Just got the call they called all the linehaul back in LO dont know how many total but I'm one from the bottom. I hope its for a little while this time. Hang in there guys that call should be coming.

Glad you finally got the call-back!! I was getting nervous about you hanging around the observation decks of tall buildings.:biglaugh:
Unfortunately it seems the layoffs are still coming in the city system wide from what i've been hearing.:chairshot:

that could be to pressure folks to sign up for Utility, freight is slower but it is still out their and again we don't have the work force to service it properly, and if and when it picks back up we will fall behind again trying to play catch up with all the employees on layoff.

that could be to pressure folks to sign up for Utility, freight is slower but it is still out their and again we don't have the work force to service it properly, and if and when it picks back up we will fall behind again trying to play catch up with all the employees on layoff.
I think you're right about Utility pressure. Thats the only reason I have for it too. Freight just is not that slow system wide.:1036316054:

how many guys on the list at erie are they working at all.

There are 56 drivers on the master seniority board. The 36th man on this board is a road driver, the last laid off, and he bumped into the city. There are three road men total bumped into the city now. We are allowed 22 drivers in the city now, so there are actually 17 drivers laid off. It would be nice to see the freight pick back up for them. :smilie_132:

Glad you finally got the call-back!! I was getting nervous about you hanging around the observation decks of tall buildings.:biglaugh:
Unfortunately it seems the layoffs are still coming in the city system wide from what i've been hearing.:chairshot:

Well it was a short trip LO to AK to bed back to LO and go home. Hope they call tonight I could have made more on unemployment.:hide:

layed off 3 line-haul and 9 city in Indy total I belive is as of 3/21
15 line haul
35 city
Tm just said this week he had to get 26 guys back to work to use the flexibility of the new contract(he was talking about city guys but he cna't use casuals until the layed off linehaul guys get a call)
I wonder if 9 guys got other jobs and resigned Holland?
We had 180 guys and we now have 135 bids and 10 10percenters hanging.
Some retired and at least one quit but I don't know how many.

Who Know's

Well it's almost here, April 1st. Will the doors close, like everone thoungt the world would END in the year 2000. Will we all still be out of JOBS. Who know's? We'll all see this week, but me personally I think it's just gonna be one more day and then about 2 more weeks they'ell be calling us back. Then there'll be even more RUMORS and more " Hey guess what I heard" "So and So said" "I heard were getting laid off this Friday" so on and so forth. I hope nothing happends and OUR COMPANY AND OUR BROTHER HOOD GROWS with every breath. I tell you one thing though. When and if we do return Im gonna continue to try my best to do everthing I can for the company our customers and our TEAMSTER BROTHERHOOD. Good luck to everyone. God Bless:smilie_132:

The total layoff count was 29 men. There were some bids cut and the work was added to the open board and some didn't fare very well with layoff, no layoffs in DS this week! My conversation with central is saying YRC wants 75% bids! what a joke they would be 351- 450 mile bids!!!!: