Police investigate day's 2nd fatal truck crash on I-57

R-14Driver

TB Legend
Credits
A crash near the Will County border this evening involving three semi-trailer tractor trucks killed one person and injured another on Interstate Highway 57, officials said. It was the day's second fatal accident on I-57 involving a truck.

The evening accident happened on northbound I- 57 about 1/2 mile north of the Kankakee and Will County line, according to an Illinois State Police spokeswoman.

The accident happened at about 5 p.m. and involved three trucks, the spokeswoman said.

Traffic was slowed and reduced to one lane due to construction on the overpass at Wilmington Peotone Road, an ISP Joliet District master sergeant said.

All three semis were traveling north when the third semi rear-ended the second, which then slammed into the first truck, the master sergeant said. One person was killed and one was injured, he said. No other information was immediately available.

Police closed off the northbound lanes of the highway at mile marker 325 during the investigation.

The spokeswoman said it did not appear that the other person had sustained life-threatening injuries.

Earlier today, state police shut down a southbound portion of the highway between Monee and Peotone following a fatal crash involving two other semi-trailer tractor trucks....................

Police investigate day's 2nd fatal truck crash on I-57 - Chicago Breaking News