FedEx Freight | Poll - Survey Question What Needs Improving - Poll

What needs improvement?

• Increase 401 (k) Match

Votes: 32 62.7%
  • Increase Pension contribution (equal to Express)

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • Serious GPD (pay scale) correction

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Offer Retiree Health care option

Votes: 30 58.8%
  • Nothing - don't change a thing

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other (add your selection below)

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The results from a survey conducted by Patel Information Systems,of 12 So Cal terminals,found the biggest issue was driver break room areas were insufficient in size,especially when visited by a driver wearing, The Hat...

Why is it that we don't have that option? :scratchhead:

Actually having a real Stock Purchase Benefit would be a welcome improvement. Our current "benefit" is no brokerage fee. The value of that is just above zero, as brokerage fees per trade are $5-$7.

https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/buying-stocks/best-online-stock-brokers-beginners/
To answer the original post, I have asked Vanguard about several options and they say it's up to our leadership to change it but will pass the info along to them, yea right.

There is an option that vanguard could open up for us to choose any investment option they offer but again I have been ignored in my attempts to make it available to us.

One thing not mentioned in quite some time would be a 5th vacation week.

Yeah, it has a cost and would only benefit those with significant time in. But is also provides another "hook" to keep veterans from jumping ship, only to start over elsewhere with only 1 or 2 weeks.

Newer hires probably don't think much about it, so it may lack the mass appeal of the other perks.

What's interesting is I came from Express. Started in 01. Express employees back then got up to 5 wks after 15yrs if I remember correctly.

Couple of drivers I've known my whole career that came from Express lost their 5 wk. I mean we were diffent companies and separate from each other but now we're whole I would curious if they still get 5.

What's interesting is I came from Express. Started in 01. Express employees back then got up to 5 wks after 15yrs if I remember correctly.

Couple of drivers I've known my whole career that came from Express lost their 5 wk. I mean we were diffent companies and separate from each other but now we're whole I would curious if they still get 5.

if true, then that's bull crap. 5th week idea is a good one! I'd even take it with a no pay option

My main thing would be stop the over hiring nonsense. Bottom GPD getting 40 hrs a week whole year is a little over 57k. That is pathetic pay for a truck driver these days. Increase in 401k would be great, but let's be realistic doubt they are going to do anything with it. At least give city drivers the chance to make decent money (ot) so we can put more in our 401.

My main thing would be stop the over hiring nonsense. Bottom GPD getting 40 hrs a week whole year is a little over 57k. That is pathetic pay for a truck driver these days. Increase in 401k would be great, but let's be realistic doubt they are going to do anything with it. At least give city drivers the chance to make decent money (ot) so we can put more in our 401.

One bump in this economy and you'll see a slew of drivers from every LTL hit the street looking 4 work. All these LTL's over hired

I'm not sure how the hours for it accrue, but doesn't the personal time that they rolled out a few years ago essentially work out to few additional days of paid vacation on top of the 4 week max?

Speaking of which, at least at my center they did a terrible job of communicating how that system works in terms of attendance, assuming you use it to call off on short notice. I didn't find out that using a personal day (don't we get 4 per year?) is a two for one event until over two years after they started that whole thing. I rarely call off so it didn't affect me much, but I'm pretty sure they made a point to keep the guidelines as vague as possible at my center.

Anything that involves an increase in spending will be a non-starter and frankly ignored IMHO. But best of luck anyway...
I can't say you are wrong... BUT it's the ONLY time they ask the question(s). Those who pay attention must speak up, to make up for those who say nothing (when it counts).

Getting someone pregnant or the 2 weeks off?
Yep, at time of birth two weeks paid time off to be with the child. So if you only have a year company time and a young person, you could swing 3 weeks vacation for a few years.
Even a adoption I believe you also get two weeks paid time off

Yep, at time of birth two weeks paid time off to be with the child. So if you only have a year company time and a young person, you could swing 3 weeks vacation for a few years.
Even a adoption I believe you also get two weeks paid time off

bivWEkc.jpg

Here’s your new uniform, Ice....
Is this for all the Red Shirts???
Singing red shirts in Barney suits, on the dock and the driver meeting, building moral.
NOW THAT'S TEAM WORK.

Yeah, but 4 would have been too easy. Forces us to think about it. I wonder the result if we could only pick 2. :topsy turvy:
1. More $$$ now. COL on all pay scales.
When I was hired I was told COL in October and my once a year until top pay.
What I will receive is on my year a bump. No COL
I know I need to pay my dues BUT I NEED TO PAY MY BILLS TOO. :1sm057crazy:

2. Increase Pension contribution (equal to Express).
We just lost 3 drivers in the last 3 months. Two of them to better jobs, better pay and better pension.:27:

Still feeling the Purple Promise: OUTSTANDING???