Yellow | Poll : Would YRC still be in business ?

[quote author=vwaggs link=topic=79941.msg828848#msg828848 date=1273587448]
My vote would have been all three.
[/quote]The winner is...... without the debt of the purchases it certainly would have been a different landscape. Good point V . :iamnotworthy:

[quote author=wolf link=topic=79941.msg828854#msg828854 date=1273587822]
[quote author=vwaggs link=topic=79941.msg828848#msg828848 date=1273587448]
My vote would have been all three.
[/quote]The winner is...... without the debt of the purchases it certainly would have been a different landscape. Good point V . :iamnotworthy:
[/quote]

Good post ! That's the best point EVER !! And that should show all member that the one and only PERSON to blame is ZOLLARS !!!!!!!

Whatever company Zollars was running would be the first company in the toilet. That man is responsible for the whole mess he created. If Zollars was out of the picture and this merger never took place,I believe all 3 companies would still be operating and there would be no need for givebacks or pension susupensions.

without all the debt i believe all three would have done fine in fact maybe even better because with all the doubt in the market place shippers would have stayed with someone they trusted, zollars created a situation where we lost all customer trust and confidence,as for on top i would go with rdy because if things got bad they owned there propertys so they could sell real estate to keep going folllowed by usf because there were very flexible and could have ajusted to the market place, i dont have anything good to say about yellow they had zollars and thats enough to sink any ship which is no reflection on the yellow folks.

Are we playing the (Blame-Game) again? Roadway can own all the property they want, but if they don't answer their customers phone messages, whats the point? Now would cutting office people who used to answer phones to deal with customers be part of the reason? I remember being on Workman's Comp sitting in the dock office and the phones would ring all night. I asked a supervisor if I should answer the phone, and he told me not to. He had stated that YRC had cut the night shift secretaries/office people which use to allow and provide 24 hr customer service out of 309. Too me that doesn't sound like YRC is doing what they need to do to get back to being profitable again.

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=79941.msg828896#msg828896 date=1273602653]
Are we playing the (Blame-Game) again? Roadway can own all the property they want, but if they don't answer their customers phone messages, whats the point? Now would cutting office people who used to answer phones to deal with customers be part of the reason? I remember being on Workman's Comp sitting in the dock office and the phones would ring all night. I asked a supervisor if I should answer the phone, and he told me not to. He had stated that YRC had cut the night shift secretaries/office people which use to allow and provide 24 hr customer service out of 309. Too me that doesn't sound like YRC is doing what they need to do to get back to being profitable again.
[/quote]

You really have NO idea what your posting about !!! At Roadway there NEVER WAS ANY PROBLEMS before ZOLLARS ( your hero ) was put in charge ! Everything you post about was AFTER that scum sucking loser change Roadway from a profitable company to a ZOLLARS company !!!

Your hero !!
pic2007-06-27i13372p5391.jpg

[quote author=R-14Driver link=topic=79941.msg828901#msg828901 date=1273603784]
[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=79941.msg828896#msg828896 date=1273602653]
[/quote]

You really have NO idea what your posting about !!! At Roadway there NEVER WAS ANY PROBLEMS before ZOLLARS ( your hero ) was put in charge ! Everything you post about was AFTER that scum sucking loser change Roadway from a profitable company to a ZOLLARS company !!!
[/quote]Who sold Roadway to $ Bill to begin with? That is the person you and all the former Roadway employees should be mad at. By the way, no offense, but everyone had an opportunity to vote No, as well. Do you think if the people who voted Yes, can take a broom stick and shove it up their @$$, so they can sweep the floor on the way out?

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=79941.msg828903#msg828903 date=1273604335]
[/quote]

[/quote]Who sold Roadway to $ Bill to begin with? That is the person you and all the former Roadway employees should be mad at. By the way, no offense, but everyone had an opportunity to vote No, as well. Do you think if the people who voted Yes, can take a broom stick and shove it up their @$$, so they can sweep the floor on the way out?
[/quote]

Once again you have NO IDEA what your talking about oh un wise one ! The stock holders sold Roadway not the employees !! Maybe you better take some more Business classes . Zollars your HERO is to blame for EVERYTHING !!!! And for the rest of your post all I can say is, WHAT !

Your Hero !!!
1110610215_bizyellow.jpg

[quote author=R-14Driver link=topic=79941.msg828904#msg828904 date=1273604562]
[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=79941.msg828903#msg828903 date=1273604335]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Once again you have NO IDEA what your talking about oh un wise one ! The stock holders sold Roadway not the employees !! Maybe you better take some more Business classes . Zollars your HERO is to blame for EVERYTHING !!!! And for the rest of your post all I can say is, WHAT !

Your Hero !!!
1110610215_bizyellow.jpg

[/quote]I rather have common-sense, than having to sweat YRC's Bull- ::shit:: business ethics to judge my future existence as a person or as an employee. When everyone voted Yes they all contributed to $ Bill's future spending spree. Now would it take another U-TUBE Video of another house closet to figure it out, and to start asking questions? It seems that no one bothered to ask what $ Bill was going to do with everyone's cut salary. If your reconstructing a company that's one thing. Getting updated technology software, new equipment, establishing or creating better metrics to serve customers, anything down those lines would be accepted. Now what has been done other than wasted money on a stupid COO? Do you think if employees give another 5% back to YRC, they will change their minds and set a goal to achieve to be profitable again? Those are questions I would be asking.

Just to simplify the argument, I believe my salary cut was to pay the interest on Bills quest to be the biggest. :duel: If nothing esle the other CEO's are probably laughing their colective ass of about that quest. Had he pulled it off he would have probably been my Hero too, now he's just a chump, such is life. My biggest gripe is if me or you woulda screwed-the-pooch as bad as he we would be history. I eagerly await the Karma. :tribe:

pasta so your saying yrc cut roadways customer service people??????? so are you saying roadway had a better system befor yrc changed things?????? the salary cuts are a byproduct of bill zollars ego. the cuts were made after zollars spent the money not befor

[quote author=kingfish link=topic=79941.msg828946#msg828946 date=1273618727]
pasta so your saying yrc cut roadways customer service people??????? so are you saying roadway had a better system befor yrc changed things?????? the salary cuts are a byproduct of bill zollars ego. the cuts were made after zollars spent the money not befor
[/quote]Yellow Fright had the same thing, but if YRC is serious about staying in business, you don't cut the customer service down and get rid of the sales people at the same time. The other management that were cut, went to work for other trucking companies, and they know the strengths and weaknesses of the YRC on how they operate. I guess that is what happens when the surviving management doesn't perform reverse logistics, and to establish by using more up-to-date KPI's on how to improve the metrics at YRC. Are you taking notes there, kingfish? You should, because YRC lacks leadership.

Posted by: Italian Style
"If YRC would show their employees some type of direction",

mapdata

it depends on what direction you're going in
sarcastic.gif

Oh I agree one hundred percent the leadership at the top levels needs to get us back to doing what we do best and that's deliver frieght, the thing we differ on is you blame roadway and I don't blame roadway or yellow I would place the fault on zollars and his cronies, And agree letting the salesstaff go was a Hugh mistake

[quote author=thejoe link=topic=79941.msg828973#msg828973 date=1273626222]
Posted by: Italian Style
"If YRC would show their employees some type of direction",

mapdata

it depends on what direction you're going in
sarcastic.gif
[/quote]Every major trucking company needs Chicago, than any other places in the US. YRC needs us/Chicago to succeed in order for everyone to succeed, truth be known. YRC needs us more than we need them. Thejoe, you could of focused all the way in, I'm not ashamed where or what city I live in and where I am located at.

[quote author=kingfish link=topic=79941.msg829041#msg829041 date=1273640250]
Oh I agree one hundred percent the leadership at the top levels needs to get us back to doing what we do best and that's deliver frieght, the thing we differ on is you blame roadway and I don't blame roadway or yellow I would place the fault on zollars and his cronies, And agree letting the salesstaff go was a Hugh mistake
[/quote]No, you assume I blame Roadway, but at least you agree 100% with a former Yellow Freight driver. 309/YRC Management usually never admits that. A good sign of leadership is when the surviving management admits that they can be wrong from time to time. See what can happen when all lanes of communication is open. Nothing can be accomplished without team work. Don't worry, (YOU WILL) learn that its just takes time to develop good skills. That is one good example of a KPI, whats next?

[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=79941.msg829052#msg829052 date=1273651781]
[/quote]No, you assume I blame Roadway
[/quote]
After all your post blaming Roadway for everything from Global Warming to the fall of the stock market you post this ! Can you say Flip/Flop ? Boy Noodle you sure are funny ! :biglaugh:

[quote author=R-14Driver link=topic=79941.msg829080#msg829080 date=1273670612]
[quote author=Italian Style link=topic=79941.msg829052#msg829052 date=1273651781]
[/quote]No, you assume I blame Roadway
[/quote]
After all your post blaming Roadway for everything from Global Warming to the fall of the stock market you post this ! Can you say Flip/Flop ? Boy Noodle you sure are funny ! :biglaugh:
[/quote]I think your getting me confused with someone else.