Guest viewing is limited
  • Truckingboards is a MEMBERS ONLY Private Forum that first got it's start in 1999, Membership is 100% Free, We have Over 40k Members and approaching 2 million posts that date back to the early 2000's.Registration is easy and fast. We specialize in LTL trucking. Get off those Facebook Groups and come to a place where your identity will be unknown unless you tell someone. Truckingboards has a mobile app that works for Android you can install from your mobile browser. Sorry Apple Users, I know nothing about them.

Click Here

For instructions on how to install the mobile app.

Pope Francis Is Dying

1984Sideways

On a final dispatch, do not get anymore tomorrows.
Maybe this time they can pick TWO Popes. Or 10 Popes, Or 50 Popes.

I hate to be difficult in such a time. Supposing everyone is a Pope. Then what?

Bubba74

I live Here
Premium
Need to pick nice nice Polish boy

18: The Lasting Legacy of Pope John Paul II - The Roman Catholic Diocese of  Phoenix

slavenomore

US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions
Premium
I want one who knows who problems are to Catholicism and the World....like this guy:

"We cannot give approval to this movement. We cannot prevent the Jews from going to Jerusalem—but we could never sanction it. The soil of Jerusalem, if it was not always sacred, has been sanctified by the life of Jesus Christ. As the head of the Church I cannot tell you anything different. The Jews have not recognized our Lord, therefore we cannot recognize the Jewish people].”

...."Yes, but we, and I as the head of the Church, cannot do this. There are two possibilities. Either the Jews will cling to their faith and continue to await the Messiah who, for us, has already appeared. In that case they will be denying the divinity of Jesus and we cannot help them. Or else they will go there without any religion, and then we can be even less favorable to them."

The Jewish religion was the foundation of our own; but it was superseded by the teachings of Christ, and we cannot concede it any further validity. The Jews, who ought to have been the first to acknowledge Jesus Christ, have not done so to this day.

But he rejoined, and this time he was magnificent in his simplicity:

“Our Lord came without power. Era povero [He was poor]. He came in pace [in peace]. He persecuted no one. He was persecuted.

He was abbandonato [forsaken] even by his apostles. Only later did he grow in stature. It took three centuries for the Church to evolve. The Jews therefore had time to acknowledge his divinity without any pressure. But they haven’t done so to this day.”

“But, Holy Father, the Jews are in terrible straits. I don’t know if Your Holiness is acquainted with the full extent of this sad situation. We need a land for these persecuted people.”

“Does it have to be Gerusalemme?”

“We are not asking for Jerusalem, but for Palestine—only the secular land.”

“We cannot be in favor of it.”

“Does Your Holiness know the situation of the Jews?”

. Indeed, we also pray for them: that their minds be enlightened. This very day the Church is celebrating the feast of an unbeliever who, on the road to Damascus, became miraculously converted to the true faith. And so, if you come to Palestine and settle your people there, we shall have churches and priests ready to baptize all of you.”

1984Sideways

Never mind the concept that God has made a covenant with the People of Israel that it is their land forever. Socalled Palestine included. Keep in mind that the Palestinian under their Grand Mufti was allied with ಠ▄ಠ and his evil during world war two. And they too are utterly opposed to anyone, Crusader or Jew from living in those lands freely. Its not theirs to hold.

The Pope is right that the Jew will not acknowledge Jesus as the Savoir however only as a Prophet. In Israel it is actually National law that one does not preach the Salvation of Christ to the Jewish People in any form. I am Lutheran so that creates enough of issues as it is. Even Martin Luther hated the Jews so much later in life with writings I denounce as seriously not safe for work in today's terms. Even he would bend over backwards and write that if a people cannot be loved by God or anyone then they must not exist.

That creates a number of issues. One that requires careful thought. Ultimately there is Love of God for he is the Father, Jesus is the Savior and the way and truth etc and the Spirit is grace and love. Its just not a Catholic, Lutheran, Jewish or Muslim. Its all the same God essentially.

IF Biden was to hold true to his own Catholic Doctrine in his personal life he should spontaneously combust with the sinful things that his family has had publicly. As one example. But I will not take the time or trouble to give Biden a hard time. Hes in a really bad position one that serves no one.

The Catholic Church is a Institution that has stood for a long time as all three Major Religions have. Including Jews and Muslim who have actually stood for longer. All three have issues. I dont think any of them will be resolved in their existence on earth anytime soon. You also have the Orthodoxy and other religions a couple dozen. Some who acknowledge God and others that simply dont know Him. In this world.

I have talked way more in detail in this post than I intended to. All of this is intended to help with the situation vis a vis the Catholic Church for or against. Anyone is free to believe whatever they choose to believe or not in life. Otherwise we are not America.

Lazer

WWG1WGA
Premium
If one is to take the word of Rabbi Abraham Finkelstein at face value, the ‘Bible’ as we know it today, is nothing close to what it once was.
Others over the years, have bemoaned how the Bible has been re-written, abridged, edited, changed, shortened, translated into something totally different than originally.
Is ‘today’s Bible’ truly the ‘word of God’ or is it now the ‘word of organized religion’?

1984Sideways

I'd like to say that I care, but since I don't lie, I won't say any such thing.
I think that he's a disgrace in several different ways.
:hide:
I found this one to be disappointing as well.

There was a Pope back in the 80's during cold war time who was loved by the people and respected even by myself. Only because he asserted what he believed to be right rather than hewing to the doctrine which was not.

I would like to think maybe the 100 bishops and cardinals will at least elect another. Instead of some tinpot hardass who cannot be bothered to tend to the People in their multitudes once in a while.

Northern Flash

Let's go Brandon!
Premium
I found this one to be disappointing as well.

There was a Pope back in the 80's during cold war time who was loved by the people and respected even by myself. Only because he asserted what he believed to be right rather than hewing to the doctrine which was not.

I would like to think maybe the 100 bishops and cardinals will at least elect another. Instead of some tinpot hardass who cannot be bothered to tend to the People in their multitudes once in a while.
This current Pope went political from day one. I haven't ever liked him. They usually walk a thin line between politics and religion and this one failed miserably.

Piano Man

Please don’t tell my mom I’m a freight hauler.
Catholicism is a half step off witchcraft and the Vatican has a serpent room.

Matthew 23:9
Exodus 22:18
2 Corinthians 11:14
Luke 20:46

The Bible has no contradictions. John 1:1

Piano Man

Please don’t tell my mom I’m a freight hauler.
If one is to take the word of Rabbi Abraham Finkelstein at face value, the ‘Bible’ as we know it today, is nothing close to what it once was.
Others over the years, have bemoaned how the Bible has been re-written, abridged, edited, changed, shortened, translated into something totally different than originally.
Is ‘today’s Bible’ truly the ‘word of God’ or is it now the ‘word of organized religion’?
Enoch and many other ”missing” books were removed by the Vatican.

Lazer

WWG1WGA
Premium
If it’s 1, or 101, or as some sources claim nearly 700, why were those ‘books’ removed from the modern day Bible?

What is in those ‘books’ that somebody else determined I was not good enough to see?

1984Sideways

I could not imagine what might be in those books. Whatever they are.

Nothing new under the sun.

Cerberus_Kelpie

Premium
"BOOKS REMOVED most likely because they didn't Tow The LIES of THE CHURCH"!!
Labeled as BLASPHEMY by Secular Single Minded Entities Who Obviously Only Sought CONTROL Of Societal Structures Through INTIMIDATION & TORTURE!!
The KNIGHTS TEMPLAR were Supported Until THE CHURCH Deemed They Were Not Worthy and To Be Annihilated.
The "Church" was in Control.
IT "ALLOWED" Desecration Of Humanity UNLESS One Converted Before One Was Executed Through Various Means, None Of Which Were Quick Apart From
"OFF WITH 'IS HEAD"!!
- - - -
"To BE Or Not To BE"!
- - - -
Hast Thou Lived Before Thy Current Life?
Will Thy Entity Live Again?
WHY ONLY A "CHOICE Of Heaven Or Hell"??
More "church control".
- - - -
How Did The MANY PEOPLES Survive Before The "Bible"??
Were Such Entities Horrible or Just?
How Has Humanity Survived Soo Long With Such Negative Aspirations??

How Was Jesus So Special??
Lapses In The Life Of Jesus. Years of His "Life" Missing?
Seems "He/It" Was A Mythological Being.
Maybe An Extra-Terrestrial?
"Of A Mystical Deity"?!

Garden Of Eden, Nice Bedtime Story, Similar To Other Fables.
- - - -

1984Sideways

The problem with Christianity was it set forth certain things good and bad for people.

Prior to that? HA. Pretty hedonistic I might say.

pltjack

Retired!
Premium
"BOOKS REMOVED most likely because they didn't Tow The LIES of THE CHURCH"!!
Labeled as BLASPHEMY by Secular Single Minded Entities Who Obviously Only Sought CONTROL Of Societal Structures Through INTIMIDATION & TORTURE!!
The KNIGHTS TEMPLAR were Supported Until THE CHURCH Deemed They Were Not Worthy and To Be Annihilated.
The "Church" was in Control.
IT "ALLOWED" Desecration Of Humanity UNLESS One Converted Before One Was Executed Through Various Means, None Of Which Were Quick Apart From
"OFF WITH 'IS HEAD"!!
- - - -
"To BE Or Not To BE"!
- - - -
Hast Thou Lived Before Thy Current Life?
Will Thy Entity Live Again?
WHY ONLY A "CHOICE Of Heaven Or Hell"??
More "church control".
- - - -
How Did The MANY PEOPLES Survive Before The "Bible"??
Were Such Entities Horrible or Just?
How Has Humanity Survived Soo Long With Such Negative Aspirations??

How Was Jesus So Special??
Lapses In The Life Of Jesus. Years of His "Life" Missing?
Seems "He/It" Was A Mythological Being.
Maybe An Extra-Terrestrial?
"Of A Mystical Deity"?!

Garden Of Eden, Nice Bedtime Story, Similar To Other Fables.
- - - -
The second you take your last breath, you will know if you were right or wrong.

1984Sideways

Never mind the right or wrong. Its going to be quite the Journey. Or nothing at all.

The Process of physical death is straight forward. Brain is offline in a few minutes, body takes a half day or so give or take. Rigor Mortis sets in the second morning. You might actually make a little noise in the freezer as the gases escape past your voice box for the last time.

For others its half a day in freezer, then crematory. And good riddance to the wore out body.