FedEx Freight | Portable pension

We have 70 yr old city man. He is mandated to take his pension. He also is collecting his Social Security. I don't understand how all this works.
He maxed his pension & took it, at age 65 there is no limit on hours a retiree can work without penalty from pension. Social security recipients can earn as much as they want without penalty of any lost money at 70. Triplex I think does this, maybe he'll stop by & explain it if you ask nicely & buy him a Ripper or two. :1036316054:

He maxed his pension & took it, at age 65 there is no limit on hours a retiree can work without penalty from pension. Social security recipients can earn as much as they want without penalty of any lost money at 70. Triplex I think does this, maybe he'll stop by & explain it if you ask nicely & buy him a Ripper or two. :1036316054:
He is still working with us fulltime. He didn't retire yet.

On a note that's actually related,,,

The guys that stayed with the pension are at least making something.
Compared to the market that has been absolutely flat over the last 2yrs.

Granted,you're making maybe 5% in a 25% inflation world,,,,,

On a note that's actually related,,,

The guys that stayed with the pension are at least making something.
Compared to the market that has been absolutely flat over the last 2yrs.

Granted,you're making maybe 5% in a 25% inflation world,,,,,

That's subjective. My 401k match was about 7k. I would've gotten about 2k on the pension.

Dude I simply replied to an earlier post saying I have $687000 reasons why because someone said why bother with the pension and adding money. Everyone's situation is different. I never said hey do this and you can have this amount. Now did I. But your running with it and following it up with I'm FoS. Did I invent the projection tool? No. But this is what it's telling me. Also don't assume that I'm not a driver. I could be a driver that just works his ass off unlike some guys I know that take days off even when they don't have vacation. Your not one of those guys are ya? Then wondering why your balance is unattainable?
The richest guys in the cemetery .
My Day busted his ass at H.D. and Sears working the 2 jobs and dying at 59 on a Sunday so he did not miss a work day . My wife and I will lie next to him and Ma knowing that we kept the promise to not do the same . Money does not bring happiness. The pensions that H.D. and Sears provided paid Ma's medical bills and kept her in the house , far , far , far from being or seeing any650K PENSION you talk about .
It’s there believe me retired 4 yr ago 1000000.00 401k+portable pension after 25 yr. Hated fed ex the last 5 years. But it sure is nice to do whatever you want whenever you like. Save your ass off drivers but don’t forget to enjoy yourself and your family along the way. Good Luck it’s worth it believe me.

I also make 6 figgers
1 I figger the grocery store is gonna get a chunk.
2 I figger the power co is gonna get a chunk.
3 I figger the drugstore is gonna get a chunk.
4 I figger tax is gonna get a chunk.
5 I figger insurance is gonna get a chunk.
6 I figger if any is left, mama already has plans for that.