TForce | possible city driving job offer, i have a few question if anyone can help.

roadway77

TB Regular
Credits
im on layoff status for over a year now from yrc and i was called in for a road driver position for you company. only thing was is that they are almost certain they will let a city driver jump to the road board but not a 100% sure. At the same barn there are some city positions needing to be filled . My questions is if i get a offer to be a city driver , how much is your hourly? how do you get paid over time? what are 6 , 7th punches?whats an average wage compared to a road drivers wage? i was a road driver at yrc so i only heard what our city drivers made and how they ran. can anyone help me out just in case i have an offer to drive for your guys place . id appreciate it .

you can pm me so we dont have to start posting specifics of my wages or anyones for eveyone to see :cool:

should be like $15.03 if u starting as a fulltime city driver, u be at $15.03 for 90 days then u go to $16.10 for 9 months. u will be on probration for 45 actual working days dont mess up while u on probation or u will be canned. linehaul starts off at .37cpm plus the $15.03 when u are on the clock such as drop/hooks. u won't see any 7th punch.

above all i wanted the road position but i just want to restart my career in a good place like i was in previously and im sure upsf is great to work at . i know its not perfect but tons better compared to a lot of other places . do i have a chance to go on the road board or they probably ask from the top down correct? can some of you pm me what an average city driver would make a year, and what a max might be? i figured if i like it maybe i could just stay driving in the city? thanks for you help so far. if i get lucky and past probation , would be cool to drive for this place.

Upsf is very strict with safety and they are getting stricter. New dock workers, supervisors, ops clerks all are required to wear safety vests while on the dock. Four ways on while parking your personnel vehicle and seat belt on at all times while you are in your car.

Upsf is very strict with safety and they are getting stricter. New dock workers, supervisors, ops clerks all are required to wear safety vests while on the dock. Four ways on while parking your personnel vehicle and seat belt on at all times while you are in your car.

Also back your car into your parking spot.

can some of you pm me what an average city driver would make a year

7-1-2013 top pay per hour 26.15 x 40 = 1046 per week x 52 = 54392 per year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Van they only have the people that park up front back in. I think a safety cone needs to be put in place of the arm that cuts paper. Also I think people need to be trained to use it also.