Holland | Possible

Possibly. But let's remember that the zero tolerance (important things) are what's keeping us running. Badges, seat belts, dock doors only open 18 inches, (I once watched a vest with a tape measure check all 100 doors)
The unimportant things: Outbound loads with 4 Hazardous totes on the ass end, trailers loaded waist high front to back, trailers with a 6 inch high pallet in the nose with double stacked pallets behind with no load bar,etc...
Like I said the important things. You have to micromanage the important things. That's why we're successful.

Yellow bought one of the best LTL companies and most regarded in the industry, then tried to tell them how to move freight. How has that been working?
Let HOLLAND run them selves and go back to the days when the TM answers to the VP and weed out some of the overhead.
Holland is not Holland, it's yrc regional and has been for quite some time. And there's no going back, because what once was has been run into the ground and no longer is of any value at a 99.4 operating ratio in 2019. The regionals are just another excuse for yrcw not making money especially with the competition in regional ltl now.

Yes they worry more about silly stuff ,instead of moving freight and loading it right and not triple stacking it and with stock price down at $ 2 bucks :wtflol:

Last edited:
Possibly. But let's remember that the zero tolerance (important things) are what's keeping us running. Badges, seat belts, dock doors only open 18 inches, (I once watched a vest with a tape measure check all 100 doors)
The unimportant things: Outbound loads with 4 Hazardous totes on the ass end, trailers loaded waist high front to back, trailers with a 6 inch high pallet in the nose with double stacked pallets behind with no load bar,etc...
Like I said the important things. You have to micromanage the important things. That's why we're successful.

Doors only open 18”... why???

Doors only open 18”... why???
I think it's an OSHA thing. I've seen several places do it. If the dock door doesn't have a trailer in it it's considered a fall hazard if there's no fall protection, i.e., a chain or gate. To get ventilation the door has to be open no more than 18 " unless there's fall protection in place. Just a guess but I've seen shippers and receivers do this same thing.

I think it's an OSHA thing. I've seen several places do it. If the dock door doesn't have a trailer in it it's considered a fall hazard if there's no fall protection, i.e., a chain or gate. To get ventilation the door has to be open no more than 18 " unless there's fall protection in place. Just a guess but I've seen shippers and receivers do this same thing.
At Coop docks that won’t help. The forklift drivers just drive through the doors, with or without a trailer in the door.

Did one kick your azz??? :438: :poke::hide:

You could use one to strap down cars on top deck. Easier for them to get underneath....

Since we soft tie them now we don’t have to go underneath... idk I think it was the fact that they were small and orange and every single one of them looked in the face like John Paul Jones from Led Zeppelin.

Since we soft tie them now we don’t have to go underneath... idk I think it was the fact that they were small and orange and every single one of them looked in the face like John Paul Jones from Led Zeppelin.
Lol. Did you watch Willy Wonka the night before your Uncle came over to play his Zep album but you only had a CD player??