Estes | Possibly losing drivers at bid time.

steercrazee

TB Veteran
Credits
Some terminals are letting drivers transfer from other terminals where they cant move up over to the bigger terminals where they can. Some of the drivers that are at said terminals are concerned of getting bumped back down at bid time after climbing their way up the ladder with the local guys that live around the terminal.Rumor has if some do get bumped their could be many drivers leaving instead of going back to wild board.Say its not fair when some terminals will not allow it. If you transfer from another then you start on the bottom just like a city driver wanting to swap, Seems it would hurt the smaller terminals also of losing their drivers.Not sure whats going to happen so i guess we will at bid time.Knoxville has some coming in from Grenneville TN, South Dakota and i heard Florida.Time will tell.

If estes we're union all voluntary transfers would bid jobs and vacation by TRANSFER DATE and keep benefits. The companies that are union have contract language that require union and company to meet and discuss change of operations to agree on. I know u guys have bad dealings with unions but in the end its money well spent for what we get.

I never understood why some drivers get upset over transfers. If a driver/employee has more time then they should be allowed to bump anyone. There is a transfer policy for a reason. You go to the bottom of the board until you get your time back and can bump during bid time.

The rules have been in place for quite a bit of time. Should be aware of what they are as soon as employed. Not a concern, just the way it is without favortism. Works for me. If drivers are going to quit over known rules being enforced, they probably were going to quit regardless.
I could care less one way or the other but to be fair Estes never told me of half the rules i have learned about and i assume these drivers are the same. If you work at Estes you know its one of the worst places about no communication. Most things you dont find out until after the fact. Communication is lacking and has always been that way.

If estes we're union all voluntary transfers would bid jobs and vacation by TRANSFER DATE and keep benefits. The companies that are union have contract language that require union and company to meet and discuss change of operations to agree on. I know u guys have bad dealings with unions but in the end its money well spent for what we get.
No thank you, the trash companies can keep the union crap.

Some terminals are letting drivers transfer from other terminals where they cant move up over to the bigger terminals where they can. Some of the drivers that are at said terminals are concerned of getting bumped back down at bid time after climbing their way up the ladder with the local guys that live around the terminal.Rumor has if some do get bumped their could be many drivers leaving instead of going back to wild board.Say its not fair when some terminals will not allow it. If you transfer from another then you start on the bottom just like a city driver wanting to swap, Seems it would hurt the smaller terminals also of losing their drivers.Not sure whats going to happen so i guess we will at bid time.Knoxville has some coming in from Grenneville TN, South Dakota and i heard Florida.Time will tell.
So much wrong with this post, where do I start?
First of all, they didn't "just start" letting people transfer. You've always been allowed to transfer, as long as there was an opening at the terminal you wanted to go to and everyone signed off.

The terminal you are leaving won't sign off on your transfer until they have someone to fill your spot. So no, they won't be "hurt".

Lastly, life isn't fair. Get over it. Someone should not lose seniority because they transfer. That is nonsense. Sounds like you don't have any seniority, that's why you are crying. Wait until you have some time in, you WILL feel differently. The Transfer Policy is not new. Read the handbook, everything you want to know is in there.

So much wrong with this post, where do I start?
First of all, they didn't "just start" letting people transfer. You've always been allowed to transfer, as long as there was an opening at the terminal you wanted to go to and everyone signed off.

The terminal you are leaving won't sign off on your transfer until they have someone to fill your spot. So no, they won't be "hurt".

Lastly, life isn't fair. Get over it. Someone should not lose seniority because they transfer. That is nonsense. Sounds like you don't have any seniority, that's why you are crying. Wait until you have some time in, you WILL feel differently. The Transfer Policy is not new. Read the handbook, everything you want to know is in there.
Life isnt fair and not all terminals play by the same rule book if you work here youd know that. Im doing fine but i do feel for some other drivers other than myself.