Estes | pot holes

dadsghost

TB Lurker
Credits
Do you think anyone counts the cost when you dont fix potholes in jacksonville terminal yard. repairs to tractors must be high. no lie, a city guy took a sleeper in the city. ????? what about other terminals ??? you could save the company $2000.00 a year if you fuel at the yard. ??? maybe they colud use that money fix potholes?? just thinking ..???:poster_oops:

I have been assured that in the big hole near the guard shack, that is just a pair of mud flaps. It Is not a truck nose first with just the flaps showing. They did a yard check all trucks and more importantly all drivers are accounted for.

Do you think anyone counts the cost when you dont fix potholes in jacksonville terminal yard. repairs to tractors must be high. no lie, a city guy took a sleeper in the city. ????? what about other terminals ??? you could save the company $2000.00 a year if you fuel at the yard. ??? maybe they colud use that money fix potholes?? just thinking ..???:poster_oops:

The cincinnati terminal has one just inside the gate that you can't miss. When it rains it becomes invisible and has done quite a bit of damage, along with the other 7 or 8 scattered through out the yard. Last week our outside service vendor hit it in the rain and busted his rear spring on his truck. We've had numerous broken dolly springs and the yard horse has had the same front sring replaced twice in the last month and a half. Then someone coming in at night must've swerved to avoid it and clipped the fence post holding the gate. Our maintenance man wanted to go to lowes and get some patch last year when it was about 12 inches wide and maybe 8 deep, but was turned down because corporate would have a fit because they spent 10's of thousands of dollars 3 years ago fixing the lot.

Should have went to the old Birmingham terminal...The one down at the corner of the building would make your butthole pucker...I heard, I never went there, but they say before they redone Athens,Ga., it was worse than Jacksonville...Imagine that one...