AAA Cooper | pre employment test

speedracer21

TB Lurker
Credits
interviewed for a driver position was told next step is a physcial test they told me they sent 8 guys for the test and they all failed what does this test constast of something about how much you can lift with you legs and shoulders why are so many not passing the test ?

Probably something similar like Yellow had several years ago and Yellow might still be using it. It is called a "stress test". You go through a bunch of physical exercises. I know several men who were in excellent physical condition that failed. So, it is a way of discrimination. Going back a few years, Smith had the polygraph, McLean had the back ex-ray and Yellow has the "stress test". Now, the kicker in all this is that they do not have to reveal to you the results, all they will say that you either failed or passed.

[quote author=speedracer21 link=topic=79842.msg827812#msg827812 date=1273245116]
YOU ALSO HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR DOT CARD HERE ?
[/quote]

They always paid for it before, but this company has really gone down hill, so maybe they are making you pay nowadays.

[quote author=speedracer21 link=topic=79842.msg828239#msg828239 date=1273381376]
that is what they told me you pay for the 1st dot card then the company will pay for the renewals
[/quote]

Interesting. This company is not a driver friendly company at all anymore on the dedicated side. That is why I left there. The LTL side is not much better.The treat drivers like crap, and threats of termination are very frequent for them. I once forgot to sign my daily log, and was threatened with termination in a nasty letter from them.

[quote author=speedracer21 link=topic=79842.msg828239#msg828239 date=1273381376]
that is what they told me you pay for the 1st dot card then the company will pay for the renewals
[/quote]when interviewed there they told me the same thing

i have worked at aaa for over 20 years and have never seen this kind of attitude from management. their thinking now they can run the company with temps working the docks, and the experienced dock workers that have cdl's make them drive a truck over the road, and thats after they have already worked the dock 4 or 5 hours. temp drivers are getting better paying runs than full time employee's, and some are not even qualified to pull doubles or hazmat. mechanics are required to run as p&d drivers everyday even if shop is full of equipment that needs worded on. p&d drivers also are required to work the dock after their shift in the city. morale at my terminal is the lowest i've ever seen it. i think this once great company to work for is a has been that no one wants to work for anymore. most people here are only going throught the motion of work.

Well the good thing is, the economy is coming back, and there are many companies hiring out there. AAA will get caught with there pants down soon, when drivers start leaving in droves. Watch for it to start in dedicated shortly. Dedicated drivers have just been waiting for the economy to turn around. The temp companies are feeding AAA drivers with no experience, right out of school, and AAA hasn't got a clue.

i agree with you, it seems to me that upper management would realize this. it's like they have their heads stuck in the sand. we were told the other day by the terminal manager that he would rather work 9 men 60 hours with no time and a half pay than 11 men 50 hours. that way he wouldn't have to pay any benefits on 2 other people. i think if the employee free choice act passes they may be in for a rude awakening.

interviewed for a driver position was told next step is a physcial test they told me they sent 8 guys for the test and they all failed what does this test constast of something about how much you can lift with you legs and shoulders why are so many not passing the test ?

took test 4 penske u sit in a chair u push and pull on a bar with ur arms u push with legs. u pass or fail never told. co tells u if u pass or fail.our co old co had 55 drivers sent to test 25 failed, easy test they say push u push. of the 25 drivers who failed with co. 5 to 15 years total of four tickets one accident inlast three years they failed test lost jobs