FedEx Freight | Pre/Post Trip Inspections

You’re giving WAAAAY to much credit for those in charge!! No one is going to spend hours researching data/video footage to find out whether or not a pre/post trip was done and exactly who is responsible for screwing the next driver...it’s take it to the shop and get it fixed plz, no need to offend anyone!!

Integrity...you’re joking, right?? Coaching session...at least that would be a start!!

When I managed drivers at another company, we were having this issue of drivers not doing pre and post trips. I remembered once that a mechanic a long time ago told me the truck will run and have no issues without the oil dipstick.

One morning I went in before everyone came in, and took everyone's dipstick off the tractors and put the truck number on each dipstick. Anyone who didn't go to the shop for a dipstick before leaving the yard, was written up. Anyone who didn't get a dipstick in the morning and also didn't get one before punching out when they came back was written up. Almost 100% of the driver pool was written up twice for this, BUT because of the step progression policy in place, two write ups also meant that 5 out of 43 drivers were terminated as well because of where they were in the discipline process.

Started to see a lot more hoods being popped open in the morning before drivers started their tractors.

When I managed drivers at another company, we were having this issue of drivers not doing pre and post trips. I remembered once that a mechanic a long time ago told me the truck will run and have no issues without the oil dipstick.

One morning I went in before everyone came in, and took everyone's dipstick off the tractors and put the truck number on each dipstick. Anyone who didn't go to the shop for a dipstick before leaving the yard, was written up. Anyone who didn't get a dipstick in the morning and also didn't get one before punching out when they came back was written up. Almost 100% of the driver pool was written up twice for this, BUT because of the step progression policy in place, two write ups also meant that 5 out of 43 drivers were terminated as well because of where they were in the discipline process.

Started to see a lot more hoods being popped open in the morning before drivers started their tractors.
That's a lie, without a dipstick oil will blow out of the tube.

Those 5 drivers probably bettered themselves, who would want to work for a chichen s--t outfit that would pull that crap.
Every inbound truck that came on our yard was fueled and serviced, hoods were sealed before it was placed on ready or outbound line, drivers were not allowed to open hoods.
If you saw a leak or found leaks under the truck, you told dispatch and shop handled your problem.

We had a driver get pulled over for a roadside DOT the other day. He was put out of service for a cracked plastic airline on the front of the trailer, and he was given a ticket for the windshield washer reservoir being empty. He must've done something to **** that trooper off, but with the new CSA point system it all falls on the driver.