Preston the 151 Line

I ain't a Bullfrog but I did 3-4 years at CF. I strung 4 together at NW once when I was bored and cruised around the dock a few times.
I think more than a few of us have done something like that. I know I was almost tempted to go out the gate and see how far I could get before being stopped. Then common sense returned. :smile new:

Another fantasy temptation was to run Thruway doubles off the Thruway at Suffern and run down Rt 17 into Jersey and see how far I could get before making the evening news! :hysterical:

I think more than a few of us have done something like that. I know I was almost tempted to go out the gate and see how far I could get before being stopped. Then common sense returned. :smile new:

Another fantasy temptation was to run Thruway doubles off the Thruway at Suffern and run down Rt 17 into Jersey and see how far I could get before making the evening news! :hysterical:
If you were driving for Maislin you may have not gotten pulled over after what I read the other day. :438:

Last edited:

Having made that trip from the compound, such as it was, down 17, I'm guessing you would probably, maybe make it out of Mahwah. But that's it. Can't remember the name of the next town, but those cops always used to sit on that little downhill by that little motel.

It was built by Preston trucking as a fuel mileage challenge from Caterpillar. Preston actually won it. It was a one off vehicle that actually ran the road. It

PrestonBatMobile---Copyff75107fffda8282.md.jpeg
came into the Maspeth NY terminal. Norman Bennett was the driver.
Drove it once. It would slice through the air with it's aerodynamic trailer behind it, just like it was calm outside.