•    Since Adults seem to be in charge again, Truckingboards is back on Twitter @truckingboards

New Penn | Pretty Dumb Options For Brand New LTL Trucks

dokman

I wanna know the kickback amount.
They do NOTHING without getting something in return.
That's the only college lesson which sticks pretty good.
I see you have moved up to MD and Economics major. Don’t sweat the small stuff, just clock in do your time clock out. Be happy.

YellowFellow

Make YELLOW Great Again
I drove a 65 white 9000 with no air seat for years, Best truck I ever drove.It was tight and never rattled.
Just imagine if today you gave the average line driver a cab over Astro 95, no air seat, no power steering, no AC and heaven forbid rubber block suspension. Ah the good old days. Thank God and and Greyhound their gone!
We all have back problems for a reason. My Diamond Rio 10 speed recliner has all the options.
I remember the days of P&D in those Astro's along with swing door 45's. The freight didn't wear you out the equipment did.

Last edited:

Triplex

Experienced stalker
Just imagine if today you gave the average line driver a cab over Astro 95, no air seat, no power steering, no AC and heaven forbid rubber block suspension. Ah the good old days. Thank God and and Greyhound their gone!
We all have back problems for a reason. My Diamond Rio 10 speed recliner has all the options.
I remember the days of P&D in those Astro's along with swing door 45's. The freight didn't wear you out the equipment did.
Remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. :438:

roadboss

We were tough and hungry back then.When men didn’t cry about equipment and you we’re lucky to have a good paying union job.Ahh.And the floor loads.That’s another story and another topic.

First day of driving school featured a lesson in how many years you could expect then to last in the trucking industry. Mid 50's Then your spine goes out, your hips quit and nerve damage and so on so forth accumulates along with possibly a chemical imbalance. (Amps etc)

I remember a time calling employers asking if they had airride. Sure you bet. Want a job? Then power steering, air condition then then then.

Mid 90's trucks were Noice for what they were. Perfect. But no they had to keep adding computers. they never did stop. And lookit. Piles of crap.

Long ago we had a driver, maybe 120 nothing soaking wet. Had a B61 and a low deck. Threw chain all day. Half the night if he ran late that day. Show up before dawn to do it again. Tough SOB.

One day in bad weather we caught him in the drivers room with a 5th of whiskey. He said that he was hurting a bit too much to be safe until that stuff soaked into him. We actually let it go.

New CB Handle. Hey about you distillery, you got ears on?

Man that was a hoot. At that time back then it was not funny. He was into his 60's and you were afraid for him. Humans just aint fitting to work that hard.

slavenomore

US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions
Premium
We were tough and hungry back then.When men didn’t cry about equipment and you we’re lucky to have a good paying union job.Ahh.And the floor loads.That’s another story and another topic.
I did floor loads with rollers for 5 years..side doors...Manhattan....Queens.
I today I moan....back then I growled.
I'm very civil today.
I'd never do that again.
I'll just remember it.
But I did make a stink about 48' trailers so much even back then that they sent the Operating Manager of the DC with me.
They never gave me a 48 after that.
Only 45's.

Triplex

Experienced stalker
I'm very civil today.
I'd never do that again.
I'll just remember it.
But I did make a stink about 48' trailers so much even back then that they sent the Operating Manager of the DC with me.
Only 45's.
I remember a few moaners back in the day. Oh wait a minute, wrong topic again, sorry. :hide:

slavenomore

US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions
Premium
I'm very civil today.
I'd never do that again.
I'll just remember it.
Only 45's.

5CMPZT5624BHDGWMM2ZERHTAAQ.md.jpg
Those were the days....hazy....hot....and humid.......no thanks.
I did it. Surprised myself....scared the hell out of myself and lots of people I bet....80,000 lb cement tanks....potholes that knocked the truck out of gear..when I was having a hard time learning how to even get it in gear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But we have to pay the server bill every month. 

Please disable your AdBlocker.

For Advertisement Free Viewing,Login and select "Account Upgrades" by clicking on your name at the top right of the page.

I've Disabled AdBlock