XPO | Priorities????

freightninja

TB Lurker
Credits
I for the life of me figure out why more emphasis is placed on how many hammers, tin snips, crow bars etc,, that are on the sector desks, and whether we set the parking brake on the forklift and have our back belts on that is placed on the real priorities, Like dunnage load racks etc.
Another observation we can go WEEKS without an ounce of dunnage and suddenly it falls from the sky by the truckload when an auditor or QC shows up?? just one more observation is it me or do we as drivers and a company as a whole accept mediocrity??/ Oh and another thing ROPE? no wait that thin crap they bought is dental floss leftover from a dental supply house.
ok im done
for now

I for the life of me figure out why more emphasis is placed on how many hammers, tin snips, crow bars etc,, that are on the sector desks, and whether we set the parking brake on the forklift and have our back belts on that is placed on the real priorities, Like dunnage load racks etc.
Another observation we can go WEEKS without an ounce of dunnage and suddenly it falls from the sky by the truckload when an auditor or QC shows up?? just one more observation is it me or do we as drivers and a company as a whole accept mediocrity??/ Oh and another thing ROPE? no wait that thin crap they bought is dental floss leftover from a dental supply house.
ok im done
for now
The hammers, crowbars, snips, backbelts, and the parking brake are the easy things to control. That's why there is more emphasis on them. When enforcing the rules they always take the path of least resistance. The dunnage and load racks coming in are hard to control. I was told all of the load racks were in Florida because they have the least outbound freight.

ok im done
for now

Pride program requires the the tools. As far as the dunnage goes I do not know what to tell you there. PM me what region you are in and I can get you a name to bellyache to. Rope twine and shrink wrap are ordered by the service center. If you think the twine or rope you are using is thong material take it up with the scm ..

the only priority at my barn is to be on time to an FAC. Doesn`t matter if you don`t have load racks, or load bars, don`t fill out your paperwork before you leave or you get the evil eye, and have to answer for the late the next evening, its the CON way!

the only priority at my barn is to be on time to an FAC. Doesn`t matter if you don`t have load racks, or load bars, don`t fill out your paperwork before you leave or you get the evil eye, and have to answer for the late the next evening, its the CON way!
Anything that goes wrong at the FAC is blamed on the late driver. It's an easy out and there is always somebody late. If everybody was on time, they would still get people out late and would blame it on some other...stuff.......