XPO | Propane Explosion at UKC

POWERSWAPTHIS

TB Lurker
Credits
At around 5:30 am. exploding propane tanks at UKC friday sends one to the hospital, and could have been alot worse. The news said that the guy was changing tanks when the explosion accured, one third of the town was evacuated, and caused the closure of HWY 41 for hours. Does anyone know how this guy is doing? Hopefully ok! and to think how many times I've seen guys using a lift where the tank is leaking to a point of seeing liquid propane dripping off the valve!:chairshot:

The article indicated that no injuries were reported........sure would like to know what happened.......wonder if he left the lift running while changing tanks, it leaked onto the exhaust and......????......after that write up, he probably better get his resume' updated......:nutkick:

Trouble at Kettleman City yard

I don't have the link to it, but if you Google EXPLOSION AT KETTLEMAN CITY, CA. you can watch a video of the aftermath, and they talk about a guy receiving 1st. degree burns to his arms?

He had just finished filling a rack of small tanks at a bulk tank...there was some leftover gas in the air, and when he started the forklift, there was a spark from the engine, maybe ignition...you can figure out the rest...mini 4th of July...He is fine, got a little "sunburn" on one arm...very lucky...

It's strange I told our scm I read an article about the mishap at our Kettleman terminal.He knew nothing about it nether did our safety rep.or any of our fos's.All I said was I read & saw a news clip & no one seem to know anything at all.Hushhhh Hushhhhh

It's strange I told our scm I read an article about the mishap at our Kettleman terminal.He knew nothing about it nether did our safety rep.or any of our fos's.All I said was I read & saw a news clip & no one seem to know anything at all.Hushhhh Hushhhhh

Tell them to visit truckingboards...."When You Want To Know What's Going On":1036316054: