Pitt-Ohio | Pros and Cons of pitt

Birdman07

Keep turnin
Credits
Hey guys. im New to truckingboard. first time posting. Im a current CT driver. i got the call today from Pitt that i can go ahead and put in my 2 weeks notice. the ONLY thing i like about CT is the flexibly. i start at 6am and im usually off by 5:30. I know Im not going to get those hours at Pitt but i guess im looking for what should i expect? what are some good and bad things you drivers like about working for Pitt. any input isappreciated.

When I was on the city we usually started between 7 and 830 and work about 12 hours. Its way better than central and the insurance is way way better. You will enjoy it believe me

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Free insurance, free uniforms, paid vacation, sick/personal days and holidays, new equipment, annual raises plus a raise on your anniversary hire date (up to year 3, top rate), mechanics know how to repair equipment (no duct tape), paid 15 min pre-shift stretch time, and cookouts on Fridays during the summer months Memorial Day - Labor Day.

What terminal are you going to?

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Ya that's the stuff I want. From everything I've heard they treat you well and you can't beat the benefits. At the Toledo terminal

Its good too because its a smaller company so you dont feel like your one in a million. That said, if you need stuff done , my experience has been regional mgrs are a lot better to talk to tham the tm's.
One of the only bummers about the benefits is that is youre married and your wife can get insurance, they wont cover her. And you dont get vision/dental until year 2 or something like that

Dental is available after 1 year unless that has been changed recently. The spousal exclusion really is a bummer but the health insurance is still free and it is top notch. $25 doctor visits with no deductible for other coverage. Insurance pays 90% with out of pocket max's at something like $1000/$2000 for single/family before insurance covers 100%. It's an excellent package.

Your spouse will be covered if:

1. Not employed.
2. Self employed
3. Employer does not offer insurance.
4. Employer offers insurance but does not contribute toward the premiums.

I cant hold my tong! I'm a newbie here at (Pitt Ohio) so far its just another company ...I've been driving T/T Since 1987 I'm 52 years old and pitt has me driving a straight truck ! yeah I don't know why people say your gonna love it here unless anything they give ya will do...when you have a minimum of ten years in then you might be considered a true pitt driver until then enjoy the flex board ohhh and don't make any mistakes cause your 90 day probation grows ......

I cant hold my tong! I'm a newbie here at (Pitt Ohio) so far its just another company ...I've been driving T/T Since 1987 I'm 52 years old and pitt has me driving a straight truck ! yeah I don't know why people say your gonna love it here unless anything they give ya will do...when you have a minimum of ten years in then you might be considered a true pitt driver until then enjoy the flex board ohhh and don't make any mistakes cause your 90 day probation grows ......

Naturally there are going to be some similarities to other companies. There is no "flex board" and the length of time it takes before getting a regular run is based on need. At my terminal we have drivers with less than a year with the company doing the same peddle everyday but there will always runs that need to be covered and someone has to do it. As far as the 90 day probation goes, they expect a new employee to make mistakes. It's the major stuff, such as accidents, that can lead to extension of your probation or termination.

Pitt is not perfect by any means are there are changes some of us would like to see that just aren't going to happen. It's some of the issues that are posted on other ltl forums, that we don't have here, that makes us realize we can do a helluva lot worse..

Depends on when you start. If before june, you get 5 days after your 90 day probation. After june its the 1st of the next year or after 90 I believe

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Pitt Ohio posting ads for linehaul drivers in Charleston,WV. Is Pitt part of U S Cargo? Any chance of city /straight truck work? Linehaul means 53 footer terminal to terminal,right?

Hey guys. im New to truckingboard. first time posting. Im a current CT driver. i got the call today from Pitt that i can go ahead and put in my 2 weeks notice. the ONLY thing i like about CT is the flexibly. i start at 6am and im usually off by 5:30. I know Im not going to get those hours at Pitt but i guess im looking for what should i expect? what are some good and bad things you drivers like about working for Pitt. any input isappreciated.
There are no comparison you would be better off at McDonald's than central transport

There are no flex boards they start at the bottom of the list when slow you can only be called off ones in a week you will be fine

Its good too because its a smaller company so you dont feel like your one in a million. That said, if you need stuff done , my experience has been regional mgrs are a lot better to talk to tham the tm's.
One of the only bummers about the benefits is that is youre married and your wife can get insurance, they wont cover her. And you dont get vision/dental until year 2 or something like that

It may be a bummer about the insurance and your spouse but all companies are doing that now.