YRC Freight | Protect The Dock Only Teamster Brothers and Sisters On The Change of Operations!

slavenomore

US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions
AD FREE
I have to agree with you fly...
The driver has to put his azz on the line every day.
I can't watch Sunday night football and have a few beers for fear of an alcohol test the next morning.
If I get a speeding ticket and I don't pay to have it reduced it goes against my license.
If the DOT pulls me in for an inspection and something is out of whack it goes against my CSA score.
Anything that goes against my license has the potential of me losing my job.
A dock worker doesn't have any of that responsibility and in my opinion shouldn't! male what i do .
Nothing personal against any dock professionals of course.
All of them offenses would be your own fault.
Speeding.
Drinking.
DOT inspection fine.

Any driver of any vehicle has those same responsibilities.

If your cars not inspected and unsafe...you have potential for consequences with the law
Same with speeding and drinking.

If you choose to drive a big vehicle there's nothing special about any of that.

flybynite

AD FREE
Speeding.
Drinking.
DOT inspection fine.

If your cars not inspected and unsafe...you have potential for consequences with the law

Nothing special. What universe are you in? Slave, I disagree with you, totally. As a driver, at least a driver that hauled hazmat almost every day I had to be background checked, fingerprinted, renew my CDL taking the hazmat test every 5 years, preform hooks, drops, pretrip, intertrip, post trip inspections, drive through various weather, chain some days multiple times, log, put up with idiots on the road, make my time, and after a 12 to 13 hour day go home and do it again the next. I consider that a special job that I preform. Now why would a person that gets his breaks, taking smoke breaks, gets a lunch and drives a forklift for 8 hours get a wage equal to mine? My turn paid $435 a day, during the winter I chained up to 5 times. Paid every time I touched iron. Guess what, majority of the time I made my complete turn, even in the blizzards. My turn paid 544 miles, 5 times a week. Majority of it was on a 2 lane backwoods mountain road. I consider my job special along with every other driver. No I don’t discount the dockworkers either. They’re important.

slavenomore

AD FREE
Nothing special. What universe are you in? Slave, I disagree with you, totally. As a driver, at least a driver that hauled hazmat almost every day I had to be background checked, fingerprinted, renew my CDL taking the hazmat test every 5 years, preform hooks, drops, pretrip, intertrip, post trip inspections, drive through various weather, chain some days multiple times, log, put up with idiots on the road, make my time, and after a 12 to 13 hour day go home and do it again the next. I consider that a special job that I preform. Now why would a person that gets his breaks, taking smoke breaks, gets a lunch and drives a forklift for 8 hours get a wage equal to mine? My turn paid $435 a day, during the winter I chained up to 5 times. Paid every time I touched iron. Guess what, majority of the time I made my complete turn, even in the blizzards. My turn paid 544 miles, 5 times a week. Majority of it was on a 2 lane backwoods mountain road. I consider my job special along with every other driver. No I don’t discount the dockworkers either. They’re important.
I see it as all doing your part for the company to make money.
And your views is more of heading towards piece rate pay.....which doesn't pay.

They put up with bosses and rats in their face every day that you don't have to when you leave the yard.
You are moving freight.
They are moving freight.
Alot of drivers don't want dock
Without them you'd have to do it and would them drivers all do as good or any different.
I see the results ...I see UE trailers in the morning.
Drivers loaded them. Alot of times they are a mess....and they don't care about the city driver having to pick the freight off the floor anymore than the dock guys some of them probably feel that they are somehow superior too.

Brassballs

Should you make drivers rate while on the dock with your boss all morning?
Wouldn't it be wiser business to pay you dock rate until doing driver duties?
Your not taking driver risks when doing their job every morning.
Look how much you'd save the company those 4 hours every day.
No, I should had do get paid the same all the way through.
Should I get Road driver mileage rate on my 300 miles each day?
Its what you bring to the table.
Should I only pay for insurance after I've had a wreck?

Brassballs

Speeding.
Drinking.
DOT inspection fine.

Is the dock workers profession in danger if any of this happens to them?
No.
You could slide of the road in bad weather in your car and get a wreck less driving ticket as well...

slavenomore

AD FREE
You and me get background checked because the Teamsters and yourself allowed it.
Your politics lean right.
I'm sure you were all about attacking Muslims when those laws came about.
How does that feel when it turns around on to you and you become equal?
The road who felt superior to dock will learn that same lesson in the freezing cold for hours.
Every single night.

Best to look out for your lowest paid....because as you suck up to the system...
They will do nothing but do the same to you.
You're not above them. They work their job. And you work yours.
Sticking together is very important to get anything.
And looking down your nose....takes more from us than it give us.
The left wants equal rights.
They're gonna find out when that happens...it will be equal rights....
Not more than equal rights...and they will be accountable for their actions and not treated special.

Last edited:

slavenomore

AD FREE
If the trailers ain't loaded right and guys are f'n off on dock. It's management not doing their job.
If they want behavior corrected. It takes letters..and letters and letters. It it might take years but if they want nonsense stopped they need to learn that they'll lose a few hearings but eventually when it gets to panel the guy has one last chance....and if they don't keep on him.....the f'n off continues.
It'll never stop if it's not written up.
That's our system and everybody knows it.
Once at panel...one more mistake and done.
No defense left.
I've seen attendance behavior changed once at panel.
Not all behavior but the targeted behavior.

slavenomore

AD FREE
If you want 3x pay for triples. Or 2x pay for doubles. Or 50% more for 53 's I'll back you on that

slavenomore

AD FREE
Is the dock workers profession in danger if any of this happens to them?
No.
You could slide of the road in bad weather in your car and get a wreck less driving ticket as well...
Instead of that....if you mess up...I'd prefer you be put on dock rather than fired...unless it's a rule all are held too in mist cases...such as failing drug or alcohol test....even then you get 2 chances here

If you are so much about the business side...isn't it waste paying a drivers rate for a rate that is set for dock.
I'd prefer you upping their rate so if you end up there for whatever reason...your pay doesn't change.

AdBlock Detected

Please disable your adblocker or click the green AD FREE button to support Truckingboards.
We have 2 ways to pay for this website, Advertising or Users who buy out of advertising. Thank You

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks