Yellow | Protect The Dock Only Teamster Brothers and Sisters On The Change of Operations!

Guessing that Yeller's plan would be to get rid of dock only. Either by attrition or permanent layoff. Then staff the dock with imaginary CDL holders yet to be hired. But with bill counts dropping fast the problem might take care of itself. 386 (Holland MI) is losing 2-3 a month off the city side much to TM Tom's delight. But that's probably not fair. He has listened to drivers who want more ticky tack right ups for seat belts and not shutting off forklifts. Add to that the policy of parking equipment that has more than 250.00 dollars in repairs. The window licker just tells you to "go see what's out there on the city side and take one". but it must be working. Just had a visit from an senior VP in conjunction with a visit from Uline golf shirts's that was all rainbows and unicorns. Shiny vests strolling the dock nodding and smiling, Just don't point out the trap trailers packed with the OS&D. but now that I think about the senior VP's visit, it wasn't an senior EXECUTIVE VP so really no one important.

Guessing that Yeller's plan would be to get rid of dock only. Either by attrition or permanent layoff. Then staff the dock with imaginary CDL holders yet to be hired. But with bill counts dropping fast the problem might take care of itself. 386 (Holland MI) is losing 2-3 a month off the city side much to TM Tom's delight. But that's probably not fair. He has listened to drivers who want more ticky tack right ups for seat belts and not shutting off forklifts. Add to that the policy of parking equipment that has more than 250.00 dollars in repairs. The window licker just tells you to "go see what's out there on the city side and take one". but it must be working. Just had a visit from a senior VP in conjunction with a visit from Uline golf shirts's that was all rainbows and unicorns. Shiny vests strolling the dock nodding and smiling, Just don't point out the trap trailers packed with the OS&D. but now that I think about the senior VP's visit, it wasn't an senior EXECUTIVE VP so really no one important.
I was in Holland the other day sitting in the office talking to the TM.

6F6F0230-5F56-4E83-9CEF-C67872A3ACE2.md.jpeg

So a guy who takes the responsibility of having a CDL should make what a dockworker makes when the driver has his bid broke? What about a volocity driver who has to work the dock for a couple hours? Naw!
I'm saying job classification.
Certainly, they should pay a driver his job pay.
A newly hired dock worker should make the same as a 3 yr dock worker.

People like you think yellow is doing well. Hahaha
Missing Big R, I guess I'm too old to understand your thinking.
You're telling me if in the future you start off with a new company, you should be penalized 18 months before drawing equal pay with a 3 yr man doing the same work.
That has always hit a nerve with me.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.
I hope that never happens to you.

Common sense first day on dock compared to guy who’s been doing it 20 years these experienced dock guys are good an valuable to company earn your equal pay.I am a driver and should be paid more than a no cdl holder.

Missing Big R, I guess I'm too old to understand your thinking.
You're telling me if in the future you start off with a new company, you should be penalized 18 months before drawing equal pay with a 3 yr man doing the same work.
That has always hit a nerve with me.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.
I hope that never happens to you.
So you’re saying there shouldn’t be a wage progression even though it’s provided for in the contract?

Common sense first day on dock compared to guy who’s been doing it 20 years these experienced dock guys are good an valuable to company earn your equal pay.I am a driver and should be paid more than a no cdl holder.
Okay
So you’re saying there shouldn’t be a wage progression even though it’s provided for in the contract?
I'm starting a petition here at 521 so you can get paid more then non cdl workers.

Progression pay rates never used to be years ago. They were approved and voted in by people who were not affected by them. How is that even remotely fair? We don't operate like "real" craft unions where once you have experience you earn top pay on whatever job you go to. The way things are now, a guy with 20 years experience who is out of work because company shut down has to start at lowest pay at new job even after 20 years experience. How is that even remotely fair? Same pay for same job is the right way. Seniority gives benefits to senior men - choice of runs/start times, vacation, etc. Pay shouldn't be different for doing same job.