Yellow | Protect The Dock Only Teamster Brothers and Sisters On The Change of Operations!

Simple, seniority determines vacation time, not pay rate. Does the same work, gets the same pay, stays longer at the company gets rewarded with more vacation time just like most any other company/industry around.
In todays ways,with marijuana being legal, why would a pot head obtain the responsibility of having a CDL if he could sit on the dock and get paid the same as a CDL driver, they have to make people want to get the CDL by paying more to take on the responsibilities. So you belive a person who just starts on the dock should be at full scale the first time he steps on the dock?

I drove for PIE 35 yrs, (never had but 1 job) 3 million miles safe driving.
PIE goes out of business, let's say I go to work as a new hire driver for your company.
Do you think I should be paid less than a truck driver school student with 18 months of seniority?
Yes because the contract that we voted for says that you progress in rate of pay.

In todays ways,with marijuana being legal, why would a pot head obtain the responsibility of having a CDL if he could sit on the dock and get paid the same as a CDL driver, they have to make people want to get the CDL by paying more to take on the responsibilities. So you belive a person who just starts on the dock should be at full scale the first time he steps on the dock?
Yes because the contract that we voted for says that you progress in rate of pay.
With your way of thinking I see another crappy contract in Yellers future. Big pay differentials in job classifications allows the company to control the contract. Give the majority more money & they will out vote those who get screwed over with lower wages & smaller raises. Two tier wages are the companies dream.

Maybe you should stop and smell the flowers, thinking like yours could be the reason you have such a poor contract today.
You've given away all we fought for and given you.
Actually I was handing out flyers on why to vote down the contract giving up the pension and wage cuts. People wouldn’t even touch the paper. We even picketed when the ibt was negotiating with the company in San Diego. I didn’t give away anything. You have no idea .

With your way of thinking I see another crappy contract in Yellers future. Big pay differentials in job classifications allows the company to control the contract. Give the majority more money & they will out vote those who get screwed over with lower wages & smaller raises. Two tier wages are the companies dream.
I doubt there will be another contract. $700 million dollar loan that matures in 2024 , plus it would take a ton of money to get into the pension fund again.
We will be told yellow is broke and the IBT will say this is the best contract they can get , override us and say it’s for the best interest of saving union jobs.

Actually I was handing out flyers on why to vote down the contract giving up the pension and wage cuts. People wouldn’t even touch the paper. We even picketed when the ibt was negotiating with the company in San Diego. I didn’t give away anything. You have no idea .
My mistake, I thought I read in your post #48 that you said the contract we voted for.

Years ago when I was a teamster, we had our contract talks at the hall. The steward was warehouse and of course there was more warehouse than driver’s. The proposal was raising the warehouse up to the driver’s wage. I stood up and told them they were full of crap. I was so pissed a couple of driver’s took me out to let me cool off. I had a chauffeur license, and all the other things. Some guy sitting on a forklift or on a machine was going to get what I earned? I quit that week and tried to get on at Roadway. This was back in the late 80’s.

Years ago when I was a teamster, we had our contract talks at the hall. The steward was warehouse and of course there was more warehouse than driver’s. The proposal was raising the warehouse up to the driver’s wage. I stood up and told them they were full of crap. I was so pissed a couple of driver’s took me out to let me cool off. I had a chauffeur license, and all the other things. Some guy sitting on a forklift or on a machine was going to get what I earned? I quit that week and tried to get on at Roadway. This was back in the late 80’s.
I have to agree with you fly...
The driver has to put his azz on the line every day.
I can't watch Sunday night football and have a few beers for fear of an alcohol test the next morning.
If I get a speeding ticket and I don't pay to have it reduced it goes against my license.
If the DOT pulls me in for an inspection and something is out of whack it goes against my CSA score.
Anything that goes against my license has the potential of me losing my job.
A dock worker doesn't have any of that responsibility and in my opinion shouldn't! male what i do .
Nothing personal against any dock professionals of course.

All of them offenses would be your own fault.
Speeding.
Drinking.
DOT inspection fine.

Any driver of any vehicle has those same responsibilities.

If your cars not inspected and unsafe...you have potential for consequences with the law
Same with speeding and drinking.

If you choose to drive a big vehicle there's nothing special about any of that.
Nothing special. What universe are you in? Slave, I disagree with you, totally. As a driver, at least a driver that hauled hazmat almost every day I had to be background checked, fingerprinted, renew my CDL taking the hazmat test every 5 years, preform hooks, drops, pretrip, intertrip, post trip inspections, drive through various weather, chain some days multiple times, log, put up with idiots on the road, make my time, and after a 12 to 13 hour day go home and do it again the next. I consider that a special job that I preform. Now why would a person that gets his breaks, taking smoke breaks, gets a lunch and drives a forklift for 8 hours get a wage equal to mine? My turn paid $435 a day, during the winter I chained up to 5 times. Paid every time I touched iron. Guess what, majority of the time I made my complete turn, even in the blizzards. My turn paid 544 miles, 5 times a week. Majority of it was on a 2 lane backwoods mountain road. I consider my job special along with every other driver. No I don’t discount the dockworkers either. They’re important.

Should you make drivers rate while on the dock with your boss all morning?
Wouldn't it be wiser business to pay you dock rate until doing driver duties?
Your not taking driver risks when doing their job every morning.
Look how much you'd save the company those 4 hours every day.
No, I should had do get paid the same all the way through.
Should I get Road driver mileage rate on my 300 miles each day?
Its what you bring to the table.
Should I only pay for insurance after I've had a wreck?

All of them offenses would be your own fault.
Speeding.
Drinking.
DOT inspection fine.

Any driver of any vehicle has those same responsibilities.

If your cars not inspected and unsafe...you have potential for consequences with the law
Same with speeding and drinking.

If you choose to drive a big vehicle there's nothing special about any of that.
Is the dock workers profession in danger if any of this happens to them?
No.
You could slide of the road in bad weather in your car and get a wreck less driving ticket as well...

Reactions: TC1