Holland | Protrans?

Griz

TB Veteran
Credits
Rumor out there that Holland is trying to retain Protrans business. Anything to this? Honestly speaking, I don't know how we can take on any more large accounts. We need equipment know!

Not sure about them , but really WHY are we going after any news accounts when we don't have the manpower to move what we have now ?? If anything we need to lay off sales people !!

More big accounts.....more interest in buying us....YRC a division of JB Hunt coming to you in fall 2016. Then we can have all our road drivers work the city and those big yellow trucks and the railroads can haul all the linehaul freight all over the country....it's a win win including the 29 cents per mile and 12 something an hour with no over time!

I had read we were getting John Deere back. Haven't seen any down here.

Worse than toro that's JD when you have to sort all the parts out. Heck we don't have enough drivers for LH the way it is why get more freight they can't move and has to be powered everyday with pro trans.

And don't forget that with hauling Protrans freight, they get their cut of the money, so you are hauling it for less profit. Might not be a real good idea when you already have trouble moving your more profitable freight.

We lost Protrans almost a year ago. Logistics freight, demanding, arrogant, haul for free. Who needs it!

Goodbye, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Protrans Memphis is unhappy with the pups and logistic bars that are used by XPO. This was a huge account for us in Memphis.

Protrans Memphis is unhappy with the pups and logistic bars that are used by XPO. This was a huge account for us in Memphis.
I remember them telling us for a while that Protrans was Memphis' most profitable accounts. With that being said, earlier this week we had 7 bid drivers on the dock with routes loaded and ready to go because we didn't have any trucks

here at npme we were told last oct. we were getting pro-trans, supoosed to hire 10+ people just for them. here what 9 months later still no pro-trans..they told us big dollar account!!! think you guys were told big loser account..now we got yrc clowns as npme president and vp, so now there big thing is "CHANGE OF OPERATIONS", that sounds familier if your a yrc guy , right??? were do these genious' think there going to hire all these drivers for all these changes. less than a quarter are changing terminals for what man power they say they need. and get this,our union is giving them 6 months to try this change, and if they are wrong about it it all changes back. so you get to up- route your life a bit , to maybe do it again 6 months later, if these clowns didn't get it right. . ok I'm done here on your site, be safe Holland , KEEP ON TRUCKN'.

here at npme we were told last oct. we were getting pro-trans, supoosed to hire 10+ people just for them. here what 9 months later still no pro-trans..they told us big dollar account!!! think you guys were told big loser account..now we got yrc clowns as npme president and vp, so now there big thing is "CHANGE OF OPERATIONS", that sounds familier if your a yrc guy , right??? were do these genious' think there going to hire all these drivers for all these changes. less than a quarter are changing terminals for what man power they say they need. and get this,our union is giving them 6 months to try this change, and if they are wrong about it it all changes back. so you get to up- route your life a bit , to maybe do it again 6 months later, if these clowns didn't get it right. . ok I'm done here on your site, be safe Holland , KEEP ON TRUCKN'.

YRC is like a kid with a dollar in his pocket.

I'm thinking that the ProTrans freight can't be that profitable. It's pretty simple, if you have more companies with their hand in the cookie jar, there is less profit to go around.

Sure, they might put freight on your trailer, but if it isn't profitable, is it worth hauling? I'd say no.
That's why so many owner operators don't make money, they want a back haul toward home, and are willing to just put freight on their trailer to get back home......regardless of profit margin. So when there is enough of them doing it, crisscrossing the country, the shippers are winning, and getting all of their freight moved at a discount (back haul) price.

And everyone hauling this third party freight, and giving them huge discounts just to fill their trailers is no different.

Yep, trailers are cubed out, but very little profit on a lot of it. I would pass on freight when other companies have their hand in the cookie jar.

:coffee1:

I'm thinking that the ProTrans freight can't be that profitable. It's pretty simple, if you have more companies with their hand in the cookie jar, there is less profit to go around.

Sure, they might put freight on your trailer, but if it isn't profitable, is it worth hauling? I'd say no.
That's why so many owner operators don't make money, they want a back haul toward home, and are willing to just put freight on their trailer to get back home......regardless of profit margin. So when there is enough of them doing it, crisscrossing the country, the shippers are winning, and getting all of their freight moved at a discount (back haul) price.

And everyone hauling this third party freight, and giving them huge discounts just to fill their trailers is no different.

Yep, trailers are cubed out, but very little profit on a lot of it. I would pass on freight when other companies have their hand in the cookie jar.

:coffee1:
Do you ever see OD or Sefl trailers with that freight loaded on them? If it ain't a moneymaker it's a bonus breaker for mngmnt

Do you ever see OD or Sefl trailers with that freight loaded on them? If it ain't a moneymaker it's a bonus breaker for mngmnt
No. I haven't personally. An OD or SEFL driver would have to confirm whether they haul ProTrans or not.
Some companies have been known to haul freight for (just about) free, just to get the other more profitable freight from a specific shipper. And some of them will do just about anything to get more freight for a lane that is always light on freight.
Splitting the shipping fee with another carrier or logistics company doesn't seem like it could be very profitable.