New Penn | Pull union card

Rodeo

TB Regular
Credits
Every yellow, new penn, and Holland driver should pull there union card if the teamsters let this COO GO THROUGH!

Teamsters haven't organized any meaningful new jobs in LTL in decades.
A few years back on here there was plenty going on with Conway and FedEx.
They were winning some...but unbelievable to me was that it didn't seem to have full blown all-out support from the top....unbelievable that they lost in Newark,NJ.....and Harrisburg due to the Local focusing on re-election rather than the main thing we needed......again....must've been a serious lack of support from Hoffa....... Obamacare? Oh yes yes yes.....right-to-work? Yes yes yes....canned and packaged issues which don't strike at the head...just distractions imo.
After thise 2 losses it went down down down.
Disheartened me that I just had to turn from it...it was an obvious plan to do nothing
Some might still be organized idk...I had to back off of it. It was ticking me off bad.
The guys put their jobs on the line and didn't get the needed support.
Some got the union in but may have decertified before they even got a contract. After all that risk and aggrivvationand work.

Much easier to organize school bus drivers and public worker contracts.
My observations were online.
It never went anywhere in our Local. I did talk to our organizer for we do have one of those 2 in our Local.

Last edited:
One of the main reasons the FedEx campaign failed, imo, was because they re was no involvement from the rank and file. I was there the night of the FedEx vote in croydon pa, and there was about 5 or 6 freight teamsters who showed up. Sad! As far as putting them in the teamster pension, a lot of the guys who worked there had a lot of years in their co pension, and didn’t want to switch. Negotiations got them a lot better yearly increase on their co pension. Perfect, no, but it was meaningful. I worked at overnite in philly, and was very involved in the organizing drive in 94&95. We had 82 guys sign cards out of 121. After 6 weeks of scare tactics, we had 46 guys vote for representation. Same bs that all companies do. Getting card check with the ups purchase was a success imo. Im a proud Abf teamster now. ( The pension issue I mentioned was concerning ups frt, not FedEx)

Last edited:
One of the main reasons the FedEx campaign failed, imo, was because they re was no involvement from the rank and file. I was there the night of the FedEx vote in croydon pa, and there was about 5 or 6 freight teamsters who showed up. Sad! As far as putting them in the teamster pension, a lot of the guys who worked there had a lot of years in their co pension, and didn’t want to switch. Negotiations got them a lot better yearly increase on their co pension. Perfect, no, but it was meaningful. I worked at overnite in philly, and was very involved in the organizing drive in 94&95. We had 82 guys sign cards out of 121. After 6 weeks of scare tactics, we had 46 guys vote for representation. Same bs that all companies do. Getting card check with the ups purchase was a success imo. Im a proud Abf teamster now
I thought Croydon actually voted yes.
We used to do the Doylestown border and I talked to a FedEx guy who was gonna vote yes.

Did they vote yes?
I thought they did.
But maybe decertified before a contract was ratified.
Took too long.
It wears everybody out.
Very corrupt organizing system imo.
Why need a vote for something which should be a right without a vote? Just like the right-to-work guys...no vote necessary for them.
anti-Uniom bias in the corrupt system.

One of the main reasons the FedEx campaign failed, imo, was because they re was no involvement from the rank and file. I was there the night of the FedEx vote in croydon pa, and there was about 5 or 6 freight teamsters who showed up. Sad! As far as putting them in the teamster pension, a lot of the guys who worked there had a lot of years in their co pension, and didn’t want to switch. Negotiations got them a lot better yearly increase on their co pension. Perfect, no, but it was meaningful. I worked at overnite in philly, and was very involved in the organizing drive in 94&95. We had 82 guys sign cards out of 121. After 6 weeks of scare tactics, we had 46 guys vote for representation. Same bs that all companies do. Getting card check with the ups purchase was a success imo. Im a proud Abf teamster now
The Locals are stretched too thin on BA's and dues coming in.
Too much for uneducated labor to handle. And BA's are uneducated labor. It's nessary that they are labor and not college...but we need more to handle the amount of contracts handled. 10 contracts and usually much more of contracts they are unfamiliar with. Too much.

LTL members aren't living in the Locals worked in due to following their work after bankruptcies and closings.
So they aren't near the locals to help and the hours and job is hectic to help. Stewards must do their job while running around trying to do their normal freight jobs. Handling it while working 12 hours plus and driving an hour or so to and from work is heavy. Especially with a 5 million page COO going on.
Everything is overloaded and stretched to thin to be strong.

I thought Croydon actually voted yes.
We used to do the Doylestown border and I talked to a FedEx guy who was gonna vote yes.

Did they vote yes?
I thought they did.
But maybe decertified before a contract was ratified.
Took too long.
It wears everybody out.
Very corrupt organizing system imo.
Why need a vote for something which should be a right without a vote? Just like the right-to-work guys...no vote necessary for them.
anti-Uniom bias in the corrupt system.
They did vote yes, nationwide it started to die, and they decertified

The Locals are stretched too thin on BA's and dues coming in.
Too much for uneducated labor to handle. And BA's are uneducated labor. It's nessary that they are labor and not college...but we need more to handle the amount of contracts handled. 10 contracts and usually much more of contracts they are unfamiliar with. Too much.

LTL members aren't living in the Locals worked in due to following their work after bankruptcies and closings.
So they aren't near the locals to help and the hours and job is hectic to help. Stewards must do their job while running around trying to do their normal freight jobs. Handling it while working 12 hours plus and driving an hour or so to and from work is heavy. Especially with a 5 million page COO going on.
Everything is overloaded and stretched to thin to be strong.
I agree, it’s not easy, for sure

Any union is only as strong as it’s weakest member.

If you want a strong union then focusing on education for the members is key.

Running around telling non-union competition they are stupid for not being Teamsters doesn’t make guys want to join. Educate the members on why they have what they have. What guys before them sacrificed, humble themselves to treat every competitor driver as a sale on the Teamsters. Eventually it will work and majority of drivers can be Teamsters again. Then the LTL drivers will have power to actually scare the people who need it by doing a strike vote.

Right now, all kidding aside, from outside looking in the only thing that is sparkling is the actual seniority protection the pension and the healthcare. The pension is taxpayer funded. Would be nice if there was more companies paying into it. Need to get rid of unfunded liability for that to be a reality.

Opting to work in a union shop and not paying dues might get the attention of the local that is affected, but in all reality the members need to be getting in the ears of the freight directors that are higher up than local.

More than just the same old handful of members too. Everyone from top of all boards to the very bottom guy need to be calling and emailing your concerns.

I’m not a Yellow employee, but Pm me a number and I’ll call them too. Idgaf.

Running around telling non-union competition they are stupid for not being Teamsters doesn’t make guys want to join. Educate the members on why they have what they have. What guys before them sacrificed, humble themselves to treat every competitor driver as a sale on the Teamsters. Eventually it will work and majority of drivers can be Teamsters again. Then the LTL drivers will have power to actually scare the people who need it by doing a strike vote.

Right now, all kidding aside, from outside looking in the only thing that is sparkling is the actual seniority protection the pension and the healthcare. The pension is taxpayer funded. Would be nice if there was more companies paying into it. Need to get rid of unfunded liability for that to be a reality.
Agree 100%

You're gonna see how the company handles seniority protection under this Yellow COO.
Job classifications changed and eliminated from road to Utility. Which is Road/city/dock combo bid.
Pay will be reduced.
It's gonna cut into morning city work because they can pick up and even deliver city stuff.
So senior city bids can be cut back in the morning.

And it'll go thru like butter.

Looks like the ATA and government organized deregulation....and all LTLs lumped together in one company for one intent.
For one company and the government to control the union. And sink it when they want.
Do as they say....or it's gone.
And with the union relationship with Yellow and government...the pensions will be gone again in no time

You're gonna see how the company handles seniority protection under this Yellow COO.
Job classifications changed and eliminated from road to Utility. Which is Road/city/dock combo bid.
Pay will be reduced.
It's gonna cut into morning city work because they can pick up and even deliver city stuff.
So senior city bids can be cut back in the morning.

And it'll go thru like butter.

Looks like the ATA and government organized deregulation....and all LTLs lumped together in one company for one intent.
For one company and the government to control the union. And sink it when they want.
Do as they say....or it's gone.
And with the union relationship with Yellow and government...the pensions will be gone again in no time
Brother, stop writing negativity all over the pages.
Trust me, it is not good.:732:
Keep your hands out of the keyboard.:poke:
Things will get better, be patient. No everything is bad.
Happy Holidays!!!
:usa: