Yellow | Pull your union card

I didn't know that about them. Holland also didn't use doubles, did they.

Too much risk and thinking and wasted time. Instead of just simply running in and out of trailers.....too simple for the geeks at the top.
Not enough ways to rob the system. Complicated makes more room for theft from the company, not union, end.

They brought in the stacking, load bars and 53's simultaneously 10 years or so ago...and the money loss and customer loss began.
Probably not so bad if floor loaded and blocked good. But they like load bars.
Yes Holland did use doubles..... turnpike doubles 45 footers.... lol yes 102s

Night time pickups at Mueller Macaroni in Jersey City comes to mind Roady. 40K+ fingerprinted on the floor loaded to ride. Slept well after those nights.
No macaroni on the floor for me. But do you remember those 19 inch Sony Trinitron TVs? Floor to the roof in Moonachie. And just when you finished yours, yeh the senior guy is going to take yours. You can load another one. Thank you! I think we are all better people for doing it, discovering muscles where we thought we had none! Imagine trying to hire a young guy today to do that stuff? Here's another one, meeting with drivers from other companies and swapping pickups and meeting at the end of the day and swapping freight. The old time bosses knew it was happening but didn't care. The frt got picked up and delivered. Can you imagine one of these college boys finding that happening on his shift. After they cleared the room of his hair gel explosion, he'd try to fire everyone!

Geez, remember those days when doing p&d and picking up 1000 cartons on the floor at one stop then running to get 300 rolls of material at the next, load them high and tight to save that floor room. Now a days you go to a shipper and they shrink wrap 2 cartons on a pallet, there is no more building a load. My back would be in better shape if I started working now instead of 1970.
So true i remember 80 bill floor loaded strippers at big r in orange ct, 100 carts of freight

Truth is, hardly anyone handles/fingerprints freight anymore. Jam in in on a pallet with the forklift. When dock actually "handled" freight and loaded high and tight there was much less damage.
Exactly. Fork it & floor it. Don’t get off your towmotor. I work outbound & guys run skids in pallet Jack way every night.

65ade8b2-bbca-42a0-90c6-461f7ad7e77c_h.jpg
IOWA is proudly NOT on that map , we don't have a right to work , just get paid !!