Yellow | Pulling Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pup Driver

TB Veteran
Credits
Management in the south starting in Memphis has ordered that all road drivers with assigned tractors 3 million milers that they must remove their personal am and fm radios . This is for now only in the southern region .These drivers voted for giving back to the company to help save it ,now ya would think that management would not be so chicken :shhit:. The management that ordered this was the left overs from the Big R., no surprise to me .:732:

Well sounds like YRC is still up to its old tricks being a bunch of control freaks with a bad managment system. Funny really that YRC managment is really not in control of anything so they resort to playing control with its employees over the most stupid of things which are so common to any other work place.

Glad I left so I don't have to deal with a weak kneed union and a sorry a** company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad I left so I don't have to deal with a weak kneed union and a sorry a** company.[/QUOTE]

Well, thanks to that "weak kneed union and a sorry a** company. I'm receiving "OVER" $3,700.00 a month "PENSION"!!!!!! Retired Roadway342 July 31, 2006

Last edited by a moderator:
And what does that have to do with my question or the first post ?
It is called favoritism R-14Driver. Remember this isn't Roadway, it is YRC. The same crap was going on in Chicago. Management was letting Roadway drivers keep their own reserved parking spaces and trucks to drive after the merger. We had drivers from Yellow that had more than 3 million miles driven, and they weren't given a truck. All of them asked for a truck and they were all turned down, until a nice fat grievance went in on it and changed all of that real quick. YRC either does it for all the drivers that have more than 3 million miles or none. I will admit, that it was nice gesture on the part of Roadway to do that for the drivers at the time, but it isn't right just to do it for half of the YRC drivers that used to work for Roadway.

It is called favoritism R-14Driver. Remember this isn't Roadway, it is YRC. The same crap was going on in Chicago. Management was letting Roadway drivers keep their own reserved parking spaces and trucks to drive after the merger. We had drivers from Yellow that had more than 3 million miles driven, and they weren't given a truck. All of them asked for a truck and they were all turned down, until a nice fat grievance went in on it and changed all of that real quick. YRC either does it for all the drivers that have more than 3 million miles or none. I will admit, that it was nice gesture on the part of Roadway to do that for the drivers at the time, but it isn't right just to do it for half of the YRC drivers that used to work for Roadway.

Very nice post ! Maybe if you and your "friends" would remember that this is NOW YRC everything would run more smooth over here on the boards !

Bet Dan M was down there and started this crap. He used to make a big deal out of the radios since I can remember. I think he gets big Wood from showing those drivers who's boss. :Omg_I_gets_present_

Management in the south starting in Memphis has ordered that all road drivers with assigned tractors 3 million milers that they must remove their personal am and fm radios . This is for now only in the southern region .These drivers voted for giving back to the company to help save it ,now ya would think that management would not be so chicken :shhit:. The management that ordered this was the left overs from the Big R., no surprise to me .:732:

Since you are retired I would REALLY like to see a post from someone who HAS a 3 million mile tractor who was ORDERED to remove their radio. It was ALWAYS Roadway policy that P&D drivers could NOT have AM/FM radios in their trucks. Also I fail to see what the heritage of management has to do with this. Keep in mind that the two ****oles making the important decisions are $bill and Mike S. who NEVER worked for Roadway, Roadway Services, or Roadway Corp.:popcorn:

What did RDWY get for 2 million milers ?? A fork lift or a jiff ?
Why not put the names of all that gave the 15 % on some peice of equiptment ? How many miles for a dock sweeper,floor jack,garbage can ??

If they had a past practice of allowing it, then a grievance may be in order.

If they had a past practice of allowing it, then a grievance may be in order.
Just before I retired it seemed that the past pratices were falling by the wayside. YRC had no past....at least the bargaining unit side of it. :popcorn:

They merged and these guys have had their radios since then, so It seems to me that there's a change in working conditions that can be grieved.

They merged and these guys have had their radios since then, so It seems to me that there's a change in working conditions that can be grieved.
Yup! You right! It seems just yesterday that this company went to Hell. Time flies when your miserable too.

Thats odd, at UPS they give all their drivers a Universal remote controller to activate all the radios in the different trucks.

Since you are retired I would REALLY like to see a post from someone who HAS a 3 million mile tractor who was ORDERED to remove their radio. It was ALWAYS Roadway policy that P&D drivers could NOT have AM/FM radios in their trucks. Also I fail to see what the heritage of management has to do with this. Keep in mind that the two ****oles making the important decisions are $bill and Mike S. who NEVER worked for Roadway, Roadway Services, or Roadway Corp.:popcorn:
This is some thing that just happen give a little time for the post's . As far a heritage Yellow never had an issue with anybody having an AM or Fm radio heck the city guys had some that were almost professionally installed . The only time they said something is when you were getting a new tractor to remove it so it could be installed in the new one . The info. on this stated the the original Roadway management in Memphis was the responsible for this action. When I said that it didn't surprise me it is because of the hard nose approach that the old Roadway worked with its employees . Yellow didn't have these problems and at the same time $Bill was our leader but then again I do believe that Mike S . was the guy that ran rough shot over the Big R.:argue:

Status
Not open for further replies.