Yellow | Pulling Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked at Yellow. I am about 2 weeks from 2 million safe miles. The head safety guy told me I would be getting my own Tractor. I work in the city. I just wonder if they will bring in a decent truck or if they will put the 2 million miler sticker on the piece of crap I already drive???? Anybody know what they do???? It would be nice to **** OFF my terminal manager if he had to give me a nice truck!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha...... anybody know???
Thanks!
I am not sure where you are. In Chicago city drivers get a reconditioned tractor. As far as how the mileage is calculated, there is a formula based on number of hours worked. I believe that 2 million miles is the same as 40,000 hours. In any event congratulations on your achievement.:bgroovy:

Well as long as he is not using it, take his tractor out for a trip, hilo@342. Then buy him a coffee and tell him thanks for letting you use his tractor. Give him a text message or a phone call and ask him how his XM/CB radio works, while taking a break on the road somewhere along the trip?

Last edited by a moderator:
Never mind, we have shuntmen getting high miler awards..........Maybe it's a different formula for driving backwards........

Shipping to Canada - Shipping Domestically in Canada | YRC Reimer

6971657-0-large.jpg

A radio is a good way to help a driver stay awake, and get traffic reports, so I guess that is a good idea to not allow drivers to have them?

Having a CB radio is very important in trucking. Of course, the only time I would use the CB radio to get traffic or weather reports. Once in a great while I would share a conversation with another driver, but thats it. Most drivers from Chicago/YRC know that I am quiet, and I usually don't bother anyone else when it comes to using the CB radio when I'm driving.

:bgroovy:Not like that polish sounding guy that used to follow you and tickoff people, did you ever catch him noodle?:dance:

Having a CB radio is very important in trucking. Of course, the only time I would use the CB radio to get traffic or weather reports. Once in a great while I would share a conversation with another driver, but thats it. Most drivers from Chicago/YRC know that I am quiet, and I usually don't bother anyone else when it comes to using the CB radio when I'm driving.
I don't think they are talking about c b's its the am fm 's they rather ya get board fall asleep crash the truck then they can give ya a warning letter , see they ain't dumb.:1036316054:

It's the installed radios in the 3 million miller tractors, I get the feeling they are going to loose the assigned tractor, I can't remember the last L/H driver I saw the didn't have a portable radio.

Sometimes common sense over rules book learning. I know of a Multi-million dollar accident where the driver told the company that he was playing with his CB,that was twenty years ago, but I myself always needed something to keep awake during those 3 am drives when most people's body clocks get messed up! Maybe if they tried to drive their car 64 mph from 11:00 pm til 7:00am they would look at things different.

glad your getting your money...Yellow driver retired here got a letter from Yellow saying that there is a a possibility your pension will be cut

glad your getting your money...Yellow driver retired here got a letter from Yellow saying that there is a a possibility your pension will be cut

Now can any REAL TEAMSTERS tell this poster why this statement of his/her is bogus ! I mean come on people let's see if you can figure it out .

pension

Now can any REAL TEAMSTERS tell this poster why this statement of his/her is bogus ! I mean come on people let's see if you can figure it out .

I was at a BBQ and this yellow driver whom I know came up to me and told me....believe it or not is your choice.....no I did not see the letter...I work for Holland and we are out of same local and he knew that is why he told me...call it bogus if you want...

Status
Not open for further replies.