Yellow | Pulling Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.
any true teamster knows after they retire where that pension come from. some one hoping to start something with lies oh no not on here.

response to Pup Driver

I think that they should take the R out of YRC and let the Y control things and things would run a lot smoother . With all the troubles this company has and the R part of YRC is worried about drivers with radio's . Its no wonder this company is in trouble with small minded men being aloud to run things. If they would use that stupid energy and turn it to smart energy this company would turn around real quick . It's obvious they are concerned with stupid things. Small minds big egos.:poster_stupid:[/QUOTE

PUD DRIVER, PLEASE ANWER ME SOMETHING, IF YELLOW WAS RUNNING SMOOTHER THAN ROADWAY, THIS IS WHAT HAS HAPPENED AT YELLOW SINCE IT TOOK ROADWAY OVER,,YELLOW HAD TO CLOSE DOWN A BREAKBULK TERMINAL IN DALLAS, BECAUSE MOST OF THE WORKERS THERE WERE NOT WORKING, THEY WERE MOVING 1 BILL ANOTHER, THEY MOVED TO A NEAR BY TERMINAL, THE OPERATION IS STILL AS BAD AS BEFORE, NOW IS THIS A SMOOTH OPERATION, MOST LINEHAUL DRIVERS ARE ALWAYS RUNNING LATE, A BIT AGO IT TOOK A LINEHAUL DRIVER 3 HOURS TO GET A TRACTOR HOOKED UP TO A 53' TRAILER. HERE LOCALLLY AND THE NEXT CLOSES TERMINAL WE HAVE SOME OF THE LAZIEST EX-YELLOW P & D DRIVERS, BY THE WAY THEY GET PAID 10-12 HOURS A DAY, I DID NOT SAY THEY GAVE AN HONEST DAYS WORK FOR THAT PAY. MOST EX-YELLOW DRIVER MAKE, ,MAYBE 8 DELIVERIES IN A DAY,( AND GOD IS A WITNESS TO THIS) OUR EX-ROADWAY DRIVER WERE MAKING 16-20 DELIVERS ADAY, NOW PUP DRIVER WHAT WHO WAS IS THE SMOOTH AND EFFICIENT COMPANY, AFTER YOU READ THIS,, YELLOW OR ROADWAY, WE AT ROADWAY WERE NOT PREFECT BUT WE WERE A BETTER OPERATING COMPANY, BY THE WAY WHEN WE MOVED INTO THE SAME TERMINAL HERE LOCAL YELLOW WAS RUNNING ALL, THEIR TRAILERS AT 50 o/o OR LESS FREIGHT IN THEIR TRAILER, WHICH MEANS THEIR LINEHAUL COST WAS TWICE AS HIGH AS ROADWAY. AM I AM NOT SAYING THIS TO START A PISSED OF SITUATION, BUT THIS IS A TRUE FACT,

Maybe in your eyes it's all the other company's fault for the YRC failure. But, for every person that claims that their company is the "good" one, I'll find you one from the other side that says that theirs is the "good" one. But, as a person looking from the outside in........I'd say that each side complaining about the other side isn't helping anything either. How about a little teamwork? Maybe that will help. Animosity between drivers/dock workers don't help communication or productivity the last time I checked. If everyone works together and we fail anyway......Well, I guess that's what was meant to be.

Yellow is not going to call a driver concerning his pension, the pension fund would.

First of all yellow did not call...sent a letter....secondly...this person mentioned it to me that he got a letter so...I am just repeating what he told me...Have not seen the letter...I have no reason not to believe him...just saying that a guy said he got a letter from Yellow or YRC...so with that I will drop the subject

Maybe in your eyes it's all the other company's fault for the YRC failure. But, for every person that claims that their company is the "good" one, I'll find you one from the other side that says that theirs is the "good" one. But, as a person looking from the outside in........I'd say that each side complaining about the other side isn't helping anything either. How about a little teamwork? Maybe that will help. Animosity between drivers/dock workers don't help communication or productivity the last time I checked. If everyone works together and we fail anyway......Well, I guess that's what was meant to be.

yes it is how the company is run,and also how some employees, both exrdwy and exyel. And not picking up freight because the company does not want to bring people to work, and freight and linehaul drivers always late. like you said we should work togethter, as one, i strongly agree with you, you sound like a smart person, yet it is sad that not too many YRC people think like you about trying to keep YRC alive for the future.

I think that they should take the R out of YRC and let the Y control things and things would run a lot smoother . With all the troubles this company has and the R part of YRC is worried about drivers with radio's . Its no wonder this company is in trouble with small minded men being aloud to run things. If they would use that stupid energy and turn it to smart energy this company would turn around real quick . It's obvious they are concerned with stupid things. Small minds big egos.:poster_stupid:[/QUOTE

PUD DRIVER, PLEASE ANWER ME SOMETHING, IF YELLOW WAS RUNNING SMOOTHER THAN ROADWAY, THIS IS WHAT HAS HAPPENED AT YELLOW SINCE IT TOOK ROADWAY OVER,,YELLOW HAD TO CLOSE DOWN A BREAKBULK TERMINAL IN DALLAS, BECAUSE MOST OF THE WORKERS THERE WERE NOT WORKING, THEY WERE MOVING 1 BILL ANOTHER, THEY MOVED TO A NEAR BY TERMINAL, THE OPERATION IS STILL AS BAD AS BEFORE, NOW IS THIS A SMOOTH OPERATION, MOST LINEHAUL DRIVERS ARE ALWAYS RUNNING LATE, A BIT AGO IT TOOK A LINEHAUL DRIVER 3 HOURS TO GET A TRACTOR HOOKED UP TO A 53' TRAILER. HERE LOCALLLY AND THE NEXT CLOSES TERMINAL WE HAVE SOME OF THE LAZIEST EX-YELLOW P & D DRIVERS, BY THE WAY THEY GET PAID 10-12 HOURS A DAY, I DID NOT SAY THEY GAVE AN HONEST DAYS WORK FOR THAT PAY. MOST EX-YELLOW DRIVER MAKE, ,MAYBE 8 DELIVERIES IN A DAY,( AND GOD IS A WITNESS TO THIS) OUR EX-ROADWAY DRIVER WERE MAKING 16-20 DELIVERS ADAY, NOW PUP DRIVER WHAT WHO WAS IS THE SMOOTH AND EFFICIENT COMPANY, AFTER YOU READ THIS,, YELLOW OR ROADWAY, WE AT ROADWAY WERE NOT PREFECT BUT WE WERE A BETTER OPERATING COMPANY, BY THE WAY WHEN WE MOVED INTO THE SAME TERMINAL HERE LOCAL YELLOW WAS RUNNING ALL, THEIR TRAILERS AT 50 o/o OR LESS FREIGHT IN THEIR TRAILER, WHICH MEANS THEIR LINEHAUL COST WAS TWICE AS HIGH AS ROADWAY. AM I AM NOT SAYING THIS TO START A PISSED OF SITUATION, BUT THIS IS A TRUE FACT,
I appreciate you taking the time to ask my opinion . I do not know where your operation is ,it could be a small town or a big town. ALL I can express is what I know about trucking I retired a year and half ago but am still in contact with friends [mostly old timers ] from both Yellow and the Big R. I put in going on 44 years mostly with Yellow . I n Chicago Roadway was not the company of choice because of the way they worked with their employees and the drivers I still talk and meet with tell me the YRC has picked up all the bad attributes that Roadway left off with . Area has a lot to do with productivity when Chicago traffic is bad around here and most of the time it is the number of stops will sacrifice. When a driver goes in to the loop [down town Chicago] many times these drivers can get caught for hours in an ally then other trucks start to pill up behind them they got to wait I never liked it down there . I had a run that I had to drive 50 miles to my first stop , it was a small town area and I would knock off 8 stops b/4 lunch time which most of the time the dispatcher would say keep going . Bottom line Zollares and the boys thought combining the terminals would cut down on overlapping costs but he was dead wrong and a lot of guys got hurt . They should have left them separate as you know they both made money . I only thank God that they didn't bring in Holland and New Penn both are doing quite well on their own . As far as the 16 to 20 stops I believe you 100% because I did it my self because of where I ran but as I explained not all drivers can do that not even your Roadway guys . They got a new boss running the day to day operations at 309 a guy from Yellow and things are getting a little easier , its not quit the (⊙▃⊙) style that the other guy had .[ P M ]:stirthepot:

I appreciate you taking the time to ask my opinion . I do not know where your operation is ,it could be a small town or a big town. ALL I can express is what I know about trucking I retired a year and half ago but am still in contact with friends [mostly old timers ] from both Yellow and the Big R. I put in going on 44 years mostly with Yellow . I n Chicago Roadway was not the company of choice because of the way they worked with their employees and the drivers I still talk and meet with tell me the YRC has picked up all the bad attributes that Roadway left off with . Area has a lot to do with productivity when Chicago traffic is bad around here and most of the time it is the number of stops will sacrifice. When a driver goes in to the loop [down town Chicago] many times these drivers can get caught for hours in an ally then other trucks start to pill up behind them they got to wait I never liked it down there . I had a run that I had to drive 50 miles to my first stop , it was a small town area and I would knock off 8 stops b/4 lunch time which most of the time the dispatcher would say keep going . Bottom line Zollares and the boys thought combining the terminals would cut down on overlapping costs but he was dead wrong and a lot of guys got hurt . They should have left them separate as you know they both made money . I only thank God that they didn't bring in Holland and New Penn both are doing quite well on their own . As far as the 16 to 20 stops I believe you 100% because I did it my self because of where I ran but as I explained not all drivers can do that not even your Roadway guys . They got a new boss running the day to day operations at 309 a guy from Yellow and things are getting a little easier , its not quit the (⊙▃⊙) style that the other guy had .[ P M ]:stirthepot:

you know we have had both yellow and today we have a roadway superisor, we have been lucky that they have both been good supervisores, and FRIENDS too, we have had some problems but have so far managed to work this out to everyone satisfaction,between us, but then we do not live in a prefect world, otherwise we would not be in hard times, anyway enjoy your retirement, good luck

You win a Cupie doll !!! Once your retired Yellow or there real name YRC has NOTHING to do with you !!!!
And as you remember R-14. You resign from your company and retire with your pension fund. Mine being Roadway and Central States. Also a few years with McLean and a dairy.

They use a formula. I don't know exactly what it is, but probably something like they give you 40 miles for every hour worked because obviously a city man would never reach 2 or 3 million actual miles driven. It is a reasonable way of handling it. Actually they do the same with yard jockeys.

I believe this is correct. 40 mph / 2 mil miles is the same as 60 mph / 3 million.

I don't think they are talking about c b's its the am fm 's they rather ya get board fall asleep crash the truck then they can give ya a warning letter , see they ain't dumb.:1036316054:

Of course not.. they're trying to eliminate their expenses. Hell, you want some percentage of a mileage rate, and a vacation, and god forbid a pension.. you cost more than the claim. Of course they'd be happy to be rid of you.. you, you .. you awful *EXPENSE*!!

Status
Not open for further replies.