New Penn | Pups

cityman

TB Lurker
Credits
This morning i seen a New Penn single axle Peterbilt pulling a set of YRC pups. Looks like the network optimization is moving forward. I heard the companies are already pooling freight together for linehaul movements to build density.

This morning i seen a New Penn single axle Peterbilt pulling a set of YRC pups. Looks like the network optimization is moving forward. I heard the companies are already pooling freight together for linehaul movements to build density.
so at what point does density in line haul lane trump handling the freight 4 to 6 times from pick up to delivery???we have freight on our trailers sitting waiting to get unloaded at yrc all the while we are short on trailers to do our basic p/d work every day...there is know way all this crap and brands will work efficiently while separated...well there was actually, before yellow and roadway were merged, the 3 regionals were interlining freight with there own management teams, beating everybodys delivery times, and making money...and there names still ment something in there regions...but since yrcw got rid of the people who know how to move freight, only thing left is one company . if not for efficiency , but for man power to handle the freight they have, cause hiring , being the lowest paid and no pension per say, will keep them from every expanding to the point of meaning anything...

so at what point does density in line haul lane trump handling the freight 4 to 6 times from pick up to delivery???we have freight on our trailers sitting waiting to get unloaded at yrc all the while we are short on trailers to do our basic p/d work every day...there is know way all this crap and brands will work efficiently while separated...well there was actually, before yellow and roadway were merged, the 3 regionals were interlining freight with there own management teams, beating everybodys delivery times, and making money...and there names still ment something in there regions...but since yrcw got rid of the people who know how to move freight, only thing left is one company . if not for efficiency , but for man power to handle the freight they have, cause hiring , being the lowest paid and no pension per say, will keep them from every expanding to the point of meaning anything...

The plan seems to be 1 company consisting of 4 brands in each region with no overlap. Trying to duplicate what Con-Way started in the early 80's as a nationwide super regional with multiple regional brand names. This will create a income stream of closed terminals and assets that will be sold. This will sadly be the only income stream that comes in. The mergers and layoffs that will occur will totally erode the small amount of morale that remains from the front line workers.

The plan seems to be 1 company consisting of 4 brands in each region with no overlap. Trying to duplicate what Con-Way started in the early 80's as a nationwide super regional with multiple regional brand names. This will create a income stream of closed terminals and assets that will be sold. This will sadly be the only income stream that comes in. The mergers and layoffs that will occur will totally erode the small amount of morale that remains from the front line workers.
unfortunately, they really dont have many more npme terminals to sell that will bring in great money like our kearny terminal did, other than terminals, they got no assets to sell, tractors are reaching junk stage as are trailers we have...mergers will have the age old problem when , say npme jumps ahead of yrc guys, they closed our lancaster terminal and merged with reading and that was all npme and they still hate each other....nothing like making more people hate there job...nobody with LTL experience is coming over to join the new "YELLOW"...the people they hire now dont even know what LTL means...actually, the people they hire today are the stereo-type of what the world thinks of union or teamsters...lazy, stupid and unless you tell them what to do...they wont do a ****ing thing!!!and when you do tell them how to do something, they dont listen, anyhow...glad to be counting down the days...govt saved the new yellow, at least for another 4 years....but they will never be like the 3 companys they ran into the ground and basically *****, so fitting for them to go back to the name "YELLOW"...that the in debt study they claimed they did produced the world loving "YELLOW"...make me want to give up my lowest paying ltl pay to company for some good old company stock!!!

I have always seen New Penn pulling single boxes. Is it even in their contract to pull doubles? Pay language etc. Hell, maybe some drivers do not have the endorsement because they never needed it