FedEx Freight | Purchase Trailers

1) good for ABF, I guess? Every business uses different models.

2) once again, you are thinking about YOU. You must think about it from a business standpoint, and you are not.
On the east coast a lot of out freight goes out on the rail either Newark or Harrisburg then send freight back east on pt. The company creates the shortage with the rail covers it with pt and tells us there’s a shortage going west. Oh and they swear priority freight doesn’t go on the rail that’s a good one.

So why don’t you guys come together like you’s tried before and do something about it ??? My slipseat guy used to meet with POS and said your all good guys . Was shocked to hear you’s pulled out on the Union

I wasn't here few years ago when drivers tried to get the union involved. However during my orientation one of the topics was how bad the unions are and that they cause more harm than good. Also when I went to Harrisburg for the entire week to "officially" become a city driver our instructor said several times that the unions ain't what most people think they are. To make the long story short, the anti union brainwashing starts on day 1 at Fedex. :thumbsdown:

That's why we all should've voted yes.. but never mind let's not get this started again

But what YOU guys aren't understanding is that you all should've voted YES.... regardless if it's slow, dragging empties, one load & dolly, bobtail, sleep out in order to work. whatever we would all still be running. Union guarantees a mini or 8 hours just to stay home no matter what. None of this work the dock instead of going out crap or stay home :::shit::: would be happening. But go ahead let's all keep letting FEDEX save the money by using PT. Not saying union companies dont use PT but theres language on how much they can use for the year. We have NO voice whatsoever. SAD. And for any guys who are at the bottom of their boards, buckle up!!!! Its going to get ugly and that's for the simple fact that we do not have a VOICE
Yeah, you’ll get to work...provided they don’t hand you a pink slip and tell ya don’t call us, we’ll call you!!

I wasn't here few years ago when drivers tried to get the union involved. However during my orientation one of the topics was how bad the unions are and that they cause more harm than good. Also when I went to Harrisburg for the entire week to "officially" become a city driver our instructor said several times that the unions ain't what most people think they are. To make the long story short, the anti union brainwashing starts on day 1 at Fedex. :thumbsdown:

You mean that horrible video lol

Duh!!! You hired on at a non-union company, what did you expect!!?? :idunno:

I would think it wouldn't be brought up. If they believe non union is better let it show by how they treat the workers.
At a union company they'll lay your ass off if there is no work and give it to the seniors. All well and good for them, but you have to eat beans.

At a union company they'll lay your ass off if there is no work and give it to the seniors. All well and good for them, but you have to eat beans.
They do the same thing at all companies when it gets slow, of course the senior men are going to get it. Any person above the person laid off is senior....With a union company they have a 5 year recall where a company without a contract can say bye- bye....

Last edited:
I would think it wouldn't be brought up. If they believe non union is better let it show by how they treat the workers.
The success rate for eradication of cancer is dramatically increased when caught in its earliest stages...why not start on day one?? :scratchhead:

Exactly!!!!!! No confidence whatsoever!!! Oh let's give them a .75 raise it'll make everyone happier... psshhhh
When i came to fedex i never thought about it becoming union until they started paying people to preach to me about the negatives of a union.

Same here.

Here's a video about forklift safety. Here are 3 smith system videos and 1 about a pretrip. By the way check out this "unions are bad, mmmkay" video.