Yellow | Purchase transportation getting cut

So the bad a** Teamsters Union executives aren't going to take any more crap from Yellow. Wow, they sure are showing how tough they can be with a crippled, financially weak company like Yellow. How come they can't do squat about organizing the well-to-do non union carriers? Crickets???
Agree it seems that the Union doesn't want to deal with Trucking companies anymore and going after other type of Businesses to try & Unoinize ,like Starbucks !! After all paying $7- $10 bucks for a cup of sugar-sweet flavored coffee is a sweet deal !!

I've seen them in the industrial parks around Oak Creek WI. that's where the yellow terminal is. I didn't see them out on the big street (94). I talked to a yellow peddle driver who said they were using them because they can't keep up. Just saying what I saw and heard. Both times it was a newer freightliner sleeper. One was hooked to a long van, the other time it was hooked to a single pup. Couldn't see the writing on the door, some lettering with LLC after it. This was about 3 weeks ago. We hadn't received the letter yet
Guess they get to continue with the cartage guys because that pertains to subcontracting language not PT. So they will continue to pay premium pay to have their city work done. But, BA is supposedly filing on the fact that they are using our trailers and evidently that's not supposed to be happening

Guess they get to continue with the cartage guys because that pertains to subcontracting language not PT. So they will continue to pay premium pay to have their city work done. But, BA is supposedly filing on the fact that they are using our trailers and evidently that's not supposed to be happening
Correct must use their own trailers.
They will drop empty trailers in your yard to load.
I would load them up a good load to last them the rest of the week.

According to our BA cartage is purchased transportation

According to our BA cartage is purchased transportation
It is...... Holland does not use intermodal that I'm aware of. They use P/T for Cartage. If P/T isn't utilized in cartage, then why was Holland included in Yellow's notice of termination of all P/T?
Article 29 Section 6 paragraph 5: 5) TNFINC IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION MAY LIMIT OR DISCONTINUE THE USE OF PURCHASED TRANSPORTATION IN ANY GEOGRAPHIC AREA WHERE IT DEEMS APPROPRIATE UPON THIRTY (30) DAYS WRITTEN NOTICE TO HOLLAND. TNFINC also shall have the sole discretion to temporarily increase the percentage limitation outlined above in response to Acts of God, significant business opportunities that would benefit the bargaining unit, and other similar extraordinary circumstances

Last edited:
I would think that organizing the non-union, financially well off ltl carriers (instead of 15 school bus drivers in some town somewere) would be their #1 priority. But then again they might not win an Oscar for their perfomance that way. But what do I know, I'm just the new kid on the block.
So in your take, those 15 school bus drivers are not important and their voice does not count. Got it. You need the numbers for the profit to the "brotherhood" lol

So in your take, those 15 school bus drivers are not important and their voice does not count. Got it. You need the numbers for the profit to the "brotherhood" lol
No, never said any workers were not important. Your reading comprehension needs improvement. My message is that the Teamsters organization needs to put more effort into organizing the large non-union ltl trucking companies. That's not to imply that they shouldn't organize small groups of school bus drivers also. I'm sure the Teamster organization can walk and chew gum at the same time.

No, they cannot enforce anything. The Teamsters can suggest and use word wizardry to try to cajole the company to do their bidding but it's all hype.
The company entered into a legal contract with the Union it is enforceable, should the company choose to not go by what’s in the contact I would think because of the wording on this that says in Capitol letters
” AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE IBT” it’s an easy decision at arbitration.