FedEx Freight | Purhcase Transport Going BYE BYE?

HILLBILLY

TB Veteran
Credits
We are starting to cancel pt and puting the freight back on our trailers with our drivers. Was told by an upper boss that all pt will be gone by the end of the year. Not sure if it will come true but would be nice to see.

[quote author=fed875 link=topic=79158.msg821119#msg821119 date=1271040986]
We are starting to cancel pt and puting the freight back on our trailers with our drivers. Was told by an upper boss that all pt will be gone by the end of the year. Not sure if it will come true but would be nice to see.
[/quote] Upper boss?

I don't want to post title of position on here. A few in mangament have already gotten in trouble for this getting out. But I do know for a fact a BSE and GBO pt have already been stopped. We've been told more to stop running also. I may be wrong but the boss that said it is very credible and in the know about things.

It sounds good.I will believe it when I see it. If it is true there must be some laydown runs on the horizon or maybe a flexboard at larger centers who run the system all week.

:nono: like every other driver on this forum, nothing would make me happier than to see pt go away altogether. however, I questioned a sup. about the possibility of that happening and he showed me what we pay for a 1 way pt. as long as there are mt miles involved i dont see any chance of that happening. aside from the cost standpoint, we run anywhere from 15 to 20 pt's out of our barn every day. now think about replacing those with drivers (20?) and equipment. so imho the chances of this happening? In the infamous words of Dean Wormer..."0.0"!

I'd be up for a flexboard or anything of the sorts, something that puts our drivers to work. PT sounds good in theory to a company, but there are many downsides, biggest being that PT is unreliable, we've had to wait on PT so many times, and sometimes they just dont show the day they are due. Getting rid of, or at least scaling back PT, would be a huge way fedex could gain trust and respect from it's employees.

[quote author=fatneck link=topic=79158.msg821146#msg821146 date=1271069448]
It sounds good.I will believe it when I see it. If it is true there must be some laydown runs on the horizon or maybe a flexboard at larger centers who run the system all week.
[/quote]

It may not be too hard to eliminate....we never used to run PT and we use the same linehaul system as we did when only company guys ran our freight!

Who knows? Maybe somebody awoke from their coma and said, "Who in the hell did this?"

Like others, I'll believe it when I see it.

What, do something that might make linehaul happy, engaged drivers? Stop swallowing the koolaid.
Besides, if they did do that, the work would just go to more dock drivers.

So bse stopped, must have my imagination
by the way, nationals taking over pt runs by the end of the year
if everyone remembers, that was one of the reasons freight bought them
the other was for rights in canada
so things really wont be changing for freight linehaul
except for through hubs , like bse, might get tough for them

:stir: I saw a sheet where a carrier was taking a load 615 miles and they were being paid $997 and some change to do so.
:iamnotworthy:

[quote author=popasmurf link=topic=79158.msg821881#msg821881 date=1271349210]
:stir: I saw a sheet where a carrier was taking a load 615 miles and they were being paid $997 and some change to do so.
:iamnotworthy:
[/quote]

I wonder what it costs us to run our people and our equiptment. A couple of the bills contained in the set could probably pay for the run. Ok, maybe it would take several. Keep OUR guys working at the very least instead of watching the clock on the dock.

[quote author=slackdragon link=topic=79158.msg821895#msg821895 date=1271355026]
$1.62 per mile .....
[/quote]

That's including fuel, maintanence, bennies, wages and all that stuff?

We were told at the meeting that we are not making any profit and we are losing customers because of damaged freight. They were pointing fingers at the loaders.
imo It makes no difference which company your with your going to have the same percentage of damaged freight unless the the procedures are different which comes from management. It may be from craming the trailers full or the grade thing they use with the handhelds. I always believed in taking your time and doing the job right with no mistakes but some people see it different. Truth be told. ..You can cheat on those handhelds just like a log book anyhow.

AdBlock Detected