R&L | Pushing JOMs and Sales leads

shadowr434

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
This style of pushing Just one more shipment and Sales leads really doesn't work all that well.That is the FedEx mantra and look how well it works there. We were doing fine getting freight from customers by showing how good our service was,not by pestering customers to give us others freight. I keep getting pushed and all the freight in my area is routed or third party.They don't want to hear that and I don't know what else to tell them. Sorry,when we get out late with way too many deliveries I'm not stopping to chat with customers at the stops I'm actually going to,never mind the ones I'm not going to so that I can get freight that they weren't sending with us because they are either not in charge of who gets it or they aren't paying for it. They are damn lucky I get all my deliveries done every day. Be happy with that,I have plenty of pickups in my area already.

I told my CSM that we can't service the customers we have now due to telling drivers to stay home because the numbers say we can only work so many drivers .We miss pickups daily because we aren't allowed to work the number of drivers we need.They get really pissed when you tell them it's not our job to bail them out because they make bad decisions on a daily basis.They really get pissed when I tell them I'm just going to watch them bury this company with their rediculous decisions.Oh,I forgot,don't even think about giving them suggestions,you are just a driver,you don't know the first thing about how to provide customer service.

that the sale rep. job we dont get paid to do there job.the shipper already no who they giving there frt. to. some customers dont like rl so they dont ship it with us no matter what they just put on other carriers

This style of pushing Just one more shipment and Sales leads really doesn't work all that well.That is the FedEx mantra and look how well it works there. We were doing fine getting freight from customers by showing how good our service was,not by pestering customers to give us others freight. I keep getting pushed and all the freight in my area is routed or third party.They don't want to hear that and I don't know what else to tell them. Sorry,when we get out late with way too many deliveries I'm not stopping to chat with customers at the stops I'm actually going to,never mind the ones I'm not going to so that I can get freight that they weren't sending with us because they are either not in charge of who gets it or they aren't paying for it. They are damn lucky I get all my deliveries done every day. Be happy with that,I have plenty of pickups in my area already.

I have tried to do the one more shipment thing (which is a joke!), but it never works, we are ALWAYS, at minimal, double what other carriers are not to mention that we cannot even compete with the discount we give the 3PLS. This place is a joke, "let’s give the 3PLS a 90% discount and then get on our people because we can’t compete with the deals we give". The person that is in charge of the sales is stupid. I do not even try to get a hot quote anyone because we CANNOT compete with other carriers or 3PLS. If the idiot at the top of the sales team reads this: help us do our job by not setting us up to fail by pricing ourselves out of the market. I know that we need to make a profit, and I do not want to move freight for free. The companies that we cannot compete with on pricing are all public companies, and they are making a profit. If they can do it then why can’t we? The answer I always get from almost every customer is “you are way too expensive”, and when we do get a sales member in there, our wonderful leaders will not drop our prices to compete! STUPID!!!!

Last week our dispatcher and TM were cussing each other because the dispatcher told the TM we do not have enough drivers to cover all the pickups. Some areas went without a driver for pickups that day and we had 4 truckloads that they knew we needed to swap with an empty for. Yet corporate tells us to ask for more freight, maybe we'd get it if we had the manpower.. Quit playing the numbers game

I'm not one of the sales turds, so they can do their own damn job. Most of the time I can barely handle my own job, let alone trying to do things that sales turds don't feel like doing.

As for the late departures, that's THEIR problem. I'm not stressing other people's bad decisions. That's what we have those little pink forms marked "return" for. Sorry, it doesn't work for me to be expected to make the numbers work out to cover up for management stupidity.

Oh that's right. At R+L they don't actually care about servicing customers. They just wanna make it look that way on paper.