Estes | Put my 2 weeks in

I have a feeling you will not be missed. Have you been peddling to much freight this year or going to a "U" Carnival Show??

Guys i put my 2 weeks in at Estes. Been here almost 5 months and now its time to move in.

Was Estes that bad?

Out here they used to be "GI trucking." Non-Union, but I used to hear they were not a bad LTL company to work for.

I guess times change.

Do you think you are going to get ahead by by changing jobs...Whats so bad about the job??? Where are you going next??? Do you plan on working at the next palce for a few months and moving on again??? Give more details!!!!

that is a young driver. man ol man what a bad time to switch jobs. he will learn. i hope you got a good job. what you going to do .... otr ??? cause anywhere else you will get laid off

I'm moving to Dawn Food Products. Its closer to home will save myself 40 miles round trip. Starting me at 20.10 a hr with overtime after 40. The reason why Im leaving is they dont treat us very well. Our dispatcher got promoted to operations manager and turned into a jerk. Theres more drivers looking to leave not just me.

whats the deal with estes not paying delay time? i ran back this morning with an estes driver he was xtra board out of gbo and he said he sat at an estes terminal in new york for 181/2 hours before he got dispatched.dont seem like they would be able to do this but i guess its there company and they do what they want till the right people are contacted.

I'm moving to Dawn Food Products. Its closer to home will save myself 40 miles round trip. Starting me at 20.10 a hr with overtime after 40. The reason why Im leaving is they dont treat us very well. Our dispatcher got promoted to operations manager and turned into a jerk. Theres more drivers looking to leave not just me.

Good for you!! There is nothing worse than going to work at a place you do not enjoy. There is nothing wrong with finding a job that better suits your style. Good luck at your new job.:1036316054:

yeah congrats and good luck:1036316054: life is way too short....by the way has anyone called corporate ?? maybe you all can get him fired while you all walk out the door :hysterical:. good luck

C ya driver.... Its hard to make big money here by the hour...maybe estes will step it up in the future. Don't burn no bridges. We need good local drivers. Ya'all make my job easier ... Good luck.

I wont burn any bridges. they already told me if it dont work out to come back. If they paid ot i would stay but i'm not making enough without it.

Moneyman, I came from hourly with OT, delivering for a food products, dairy company. It was hard work, the dairy end was ok, but I got laid off and swithed to the food end of the company, running a ramp all day is hard on the knees and at my age I wasn't going to make this my career. The company was a great company and I stayed for 8 years until I was fully vested in the pension and had a sizeable 401k, then moved on to ltl. Best move I ever made. I wish I would of started doing ltl earlier in life. It was difficult at times, sure I wanted to quit in the first year, grocery warehouses were not my thing, but now I'm happier than anything. I have the perfect run, make great money, I'm far enough up on the board where I don't have to worry about losing my bid. My company doesn't pay wait time, doesn't pay OT, but works your butt off if you want to make the money.

Bset of luck on your new venture, I hope it works out for you especially with the economy the way it is.

Man gotta love those 18 hour wait times, I remember I was in West Middlesex, pa one time got there at like 5 am and did'nt leave till 2 am the next day.
Well needless to say I caught a good nap on the way to my next terminal, then they had the nerve to ***** at me cause I was late.
Rememer drivers get your proper rest I was told by a certain TM when someone tried to park one in the ditch.
Well gee when I get to a terminal and sleep for say 6 or 7 hours then am ready to go and got to sit around for the next 8 hours waiting you might just get a little sleepy on your way to the next terminal.

sure seems the "wind of change" is getting to you also. don't forget your "wind breaker"

Man gotta love those 18 hour wait times, I remember I was in West Middlesex, pa one time got there at like 5 am and did'nt leave till 2 am the next day.
Well needless to say I caught a good nap on the way to my next terminal, then they had the nerve to ***** at me cause I was late.
Rememer drivers get your proper rest I was told by a certain TM when someone tried to park one in the ditch.
Well gee when I get to a terminal and sleep for say 6 or 7 hours then am ready to go and got to sit around for the next 8 hours waiting you might just get a little sleepy on your way to the next terminal.

Dawgone!!! Driver.. 5am - 2am. That ='s 21 hours with no pay. I think I'm starting to understand the meaning of the word..."middle-sex". Just remember to take a jar of vaseline w'ya next time 10-4. Also understand we need to make sure we keep the companies cost down so we can be the #1 ltl carrier in the country someday:butt kiss: Work on getting the freight the next terminal on time:1036316054: