ADuiePyle | Pyle driving school

bolski

TB Lurker
Credits
So whats the driving school like compared to others? How does the pay work while in school. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Everyone for the school starts on the dock at first. Some terminals have full time and some part time. While in school you get paid hourly. Once back from the school you finish training then become a local driver.

So whats the driving school like compared to others? How does the pay work while in school. Any info would be great. Thanks.
You must apply and maybe spend 2-3 months on inbound or outbound dock.. if accepted you spend 8 weeks at Westchester or northbourgh ma.your mileage to and from will be paid as well as your lodging, a rate of 15 dollars an hour at forty hours a week will be paid during the time at school
check the website or call a recruiter for more information.

It is interesting how times have changed and that now many large companies are willing to train new and completely inexperienced drivers and put them to work. Back when...way back when I was still wet behind the ears and ogled every tractor trailer I saw, motioning for the driver to honk his horn for me. I used to glance through the classifieds at the driving jobs that were available. Each and every one of them read, "Must be 25 years of age with 3 years of four season driving". Now...if EVERY ad read this way, and every driver needed those qualifications just how did you get to having 3 full years of driving experience by the time you were 25??? Holy ::shit::, I'd have to be nearly 30 before I could get a job...if I could get a job to let me get the experience so I could get the job. :shrug:

My first trucking job had me driving a straight truck . Then one day they bought a used Ford Louisville and pup trailer. Off I went just learning on the go. I don't think you even needed a chauffeurs license in 1973.

Last edited:
I agree with you guys,my first job I started in straight truck at coca cola back in the 70's
then bought a 73 w900 ford from ETMF
taught myself how to drive so i could haul freight
in Arizona. 37 yrs later in talking about it on
truckingboards.

Everyone for the school starts on the dock at first. Some terminals have full time and some part time. While in school you get paid hourly. Once back from the school you finish training then become a local driver.
But we already have a Local Driver!! You mean a p+d driver

Thanks for the replies. Any body on here out of York Pa? Whats the difference between the local driver spot and Package and delivery your talking about?

if you want package delivery then you want fedex express or ups ground, this is freight....no package delivery here!

You could come to ABF if you want to deliver Amazon.com packages.
I'm open to opinions. Big new Amazon building in baltimore. Trying to decide if I want to look more into Harrisburg or baltimore. I am split here in the state line. Union or not. Ah the many questions.

P&D drivers are local drivers. In the LTL world P&D(Pick Up & DelIvery) are the drivers that make multiple stops a day to many different customers, Sometimes a loading dock sometimes not. Its gets you home daily and pretty much off weekends. Pyle has a terminal in Elkridge Md also.

Step right up for Pyle Driving School
the-undertaker-tombstone-piledriver.jpg

That's rE="ABFer, post: 915797, member: 5115"]Here's a time lapse demo. It actually looks a little painful...
Wrestlemania-II_Greg-Valentine_piledriver.jpeg
[/QUOTE]

uj8tW81.jpg

Thats ridiculos..