ADuiePyle | Pyle loses Lowes Account

Conway and Fedex

Beginning in Feb, Pyle will no longer service Lowes home centers. This is a rather large chunk of there business and probaly explains there cut throat pricing of 50.00 a skid anywhere in N.E. Lowes accounts for close to 15% of there total business and will definitly hurt there bottom line. With the slow economy this is the last thing Pyle needed.

I read earlier that Fedex got the freight. Conway also hauls for Lowes. How can anyone forget Conway. UPS does 2.2 billion a year in freight sales and Fedex does 2 billion a year in freight sales. Conway does almost 5 billion a year in freight sales. Yes, that is more than Fedex and Ups freight put together. Now can it be maintaned with Ups and Fedex copying there every move.

PyleS Coverage Are from an ex rep

Connecticut 100%
Delaware % the rest goes to Ward
Pennsylvania 100%
Maine Appx 20% the rest to BCB agent
Massachusetts 100%
Maryland 10% the rest goes to Ward
New Hampshire 100%
New Jersey 100%
New York 70%
Ohio 10% the rest to DFL out of Streetsboro OH
Rhode Island 100% New term in the mix as well
Vermont 90%
West Virginia 0% all ward

You have no idea what you are talking about.

ADP does not do any work with Ward.
They do some of the De, Md, DC area with Tri State.

New England has over 80% coverage with new service centers in Burlington Vt. and Augusta Me.

Ohio is basically Cleveland, Akron and Streetsboro and surrounding area. The rest is DFL.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

ADP does not do any work with Ward.
They do some of the De, Md, DC area with Tri State.

New England has over 80% coverage with new service centers in Burlington Vt. and Augusta Me.

Ohio is basically Cleveland, Akron and Streetsboro and surrounding area. The rest is DFL.
new service center in augusta? i thought they just relayed loaded trailers to the city men at the augusta civic center. same set-up has new penn?

Friend of the Frog -

Pyle is probably doing biz with Ward now, as Ward took over Tri Sate Express, who was covering W. Virginia for them. They call it something different, but it is really Ward.

Any national store , for the most part, will use mutiple carriers if loads need to be serviced. Lowes does have a national account with FedEx but I am sure you will still see a Con-way here and there. Sometime that is what business dictates even if we (FDX) sevices every zip code.

Ward bought Tri-State? and renamed it Tri-State Transfer here in WV they pull Ward trailers as Ward drivers do their line haul the trucks I have seen are the ward yellow or gold color what ever it is called and have the Tri-State Transfer on them.

with what slow economy??? the Dow Jones has been closing @ record highs every day. Its up around 12,700. You are so missled about our economy. Where are you getting your info from? Lou Dobbs or Wolf Blitzer.Flammin LIB ain,ta.:stupid: :stupid: :annoyed:

Buisness may be posting good numbers ,selling their chinese stuff,but are we consumers? All my bill seem to be rising faster than my pay.I know my household has been more selective where the bucks are spent.Political leaning not withstanding

Right wing echo chamber.

Sounds to me Hippo gets all his "news" via the Fox Noise Network and it's affiliates at Gush Limpjaw Inc. The DOW Jones tracks only thirty stocks and is hardly a barometer of the overall economy. My paycheck and job losses to vampire capitalism have a heck of a lot more to tell me how the economy is doing than thirty stocks in the DOW. So GE is doing well and so is ExxonMobil, what does that do for me? Most likely they are doing well because of what they are getting out of me.

Enron,Global Crossing had great stock returns.Just ask any of their investors.Bet they are living it up!! Any one who gets their"news"from Air America,Limbaugh,O'Riely etc needs their head examined.They are opinion shows based on current events

All a company can do is provide the best service they can.

You cannoty fault Lowe's for taking a better price. You cannot fault FedEx for offering a cheaper price and you cannot fault ADP for choosing to walk away, rather than cut their price.

It is called business. Lowe's will now see if FedEx can provide the service they are accustomed to receiving. FedEx can see if they can produce a profit and provide Lowe's with the service they demand. ADP will see if they can replace the business they chose to walk.

It is called business. Accounts come and go. No hard feelings.

Frog friend,

You know where I work. Recently we had some meetings held by our sales reps. This ebb and flow of accounts, while a part of all LTL business, wasn't called business, but went under the heading of "churn". I guess that's their cute little nickname for gaining and losing accounts.

Now for real important stuff. When are we getting together for lunch?:1036316054:

Frog friend,

You know where I work. Recently we had some meetings held by our sales reps. This ebb and flow of accounts, while a part of all LTL business, wasn't called business, but went under the heading of "churn". I guess that's their cute little nickname for gaining and losing accounts.

Now for real important stuff. When are we getting together for lunch?:1036316054:

Churn is the term we use.

My contest ends on Friday

Give me a call next week.