ADuiePyle | Pyle People Deliver

Forgive me for not knowing how it works at ADP, I’m an ABF retiree on the West Coast...are you saying all LH drivers are grouped together for vacation selection regardless of which terminal they’re domiciled at?
When I was there Buffalo was lumped in with 4 other termials making 5 terminals. It's insane a terminal 5 hours away has anything to do with each other for vacation reasons. They should be upfront with drivers about this. I wish everyone there the best. There's other current things there that involve seniority that make me grateful we parted ways. Drive safe everyone.

I am a l/h driver at ADP. If I am mistaken, sure someone will chime in. Company gets divided into regions. For l/h vaca purposes around 40 drivers per region. All how they interline with each other. Some are large enough to be on their own. WCH is an example. Picks are made in the fall for the next calendar year based on length of service
I see...very interesting. Is it because the LH drivers have to ‘fill in’ for each other? At ABF, we had Utility Employees (UE’s) that ran from the EOL’s to the hubs overnight. Vacations were drawn based on individual terminal seniority, which included the UE’s and the city P & D guys on the same board. When a UE was on vacation from an EOL terminal, a hub-domiciled LH driver covered that run. Do you have a limit as to how many LH drivers can be on vacation at the same time within a region?

I see...very interesting. Is it because the LH drivers have to ‘fill in’ for each other? At ABF, we had Utility Employees (UE’s) that ran from the EOL’s to the hubs overnight. Vacations were drawn based on individual terminal seniority, which included the UE’s and the city P & D guys on the same board. When a UE was on vacation from an EOL terminal, a hub-domiciled LH driver covered that run. Do you have a limit as to how many LH drivers can be on vacation at the same time within a region?
We do not run traditional breaks, most terminals run direct to other terminals

I see...very interesting. Is it because the LH drivers have to ‘fill in’ for each other? At ABF, we had Utility Employees (UE’s) that ran from the EOL’s to the hubs overnight. Vacations were drawn based on individual terminal seniority, which included the UE’s and the city P & D guys on the same board. When a UE was on vacation from an EOL terminal, a hub-domiciled LH driver covered that run. Do you have a limit as to how many LH drivers can be on vacation at the same time within a region?[/QFor
For vaca purposes the p&d and l/h boards are seperate. We have "system drivers" that can go wherever. But basically, yes. Fill in drivers are moved in the region as needed. Usually told ahead of time they are covering someone's run. Part 2 is yes. There are limits on how many driver are scheduled off on any given day

That must be rough loading outbound freight at all the EOL’s. One trailer (or more) per destination terminal? What if there’s only a few pallets to load?
We do not have the traditional "hub and spoke model". Load everything to a hub to be broken. If there is overflow, it is either routed to be dropped off enroute or there are one or two facilities that are "mini breaks".

Is Pyle really busy right now? Dayton freight is getting slammed and the weight in our system isnt really heavy compared to last year. I dont really understand it. I mean we are definitely back to normal, but so many of us are working 13 hr days.

Is Pyle really busy right now? Dayton freight is getting slammed and the weight in our system isnt really heavy compared to last year. I dont really understand it. I mean we are definitely back to normal, but so many of us are working 13 hr days.
At least on the l/h side, bill count is almost there but yes weight is off. Some terminals are busier now than before COVID